Oh dear, the dreaded PS light came on

So first the PS light came on with heavy steering every time I started the car but went off if I immediately restarted the car for about 3 days. But now the PS light doesn't go away and my arms gets a really nice pump after every drive.
The situation: 2004 K12 1.4, left side steering wheel (not UK) with some stupid keyless "feauture". The car isn't worth much and has some other weird problems so there is no motivation to take it to a dealer.

Does it work to just swap the PS assembly from a used one of the scrapyard?

Hi I did that had the PS motor changed at a local garage and the car won’t even start. Been at the garage since January. Read my post and you will understand what you need to do.

If your car is left handed, the PS is not part of the security loop, so you can swap it directly ,if your car is right handed ,the PS is part of the security loop and you will need to virgin the eeprom on the second hand unit b4 replacing it or swap the eeprom 24c16 from your old unit to the second hand unit, car will start with no issues

Sent from my TECNO CG6 using Tapatalk

If your car is left handed, the PS is not part of the security loop, so you can swap it directly ,if your car is right handed ,the PS is part of the security loop and you will need to virgin the eeprom on the second hand unit b4 replacing it or swap the eeprom 24c16 from your old unit to the second hand unit, car will start with no issues

Sent from my TECNO CG6 using Tapatalk
A bit late but I just want to say thank you. I swaped the power steering for a second hand and it works wonderful now. No reprograming needed as you said since my car is left hand drive.

Back