In-Car Mp3,Movie,Gaming System - Oh so easy!

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
Hey y'all.
I just had a cool idea, and unusually, it works!

I recently had my in-car TV stolen by some ass-clown and since have been wallowing in sadness when im bored in my car. However! Having a Nintendo DS, i decided i could get a TV tuner for it so i could use that as a portable TV that ill NEVER leave in my car!!! I read some reviews and sadly, found the TV tuner sux and the reception is very sub-par. (Like my old one) So i gots to thinking, why bother with TV?

Ive got in the mail an M3 adapter for the NDS (nintendo ds) with allows you to play mp3,pictures,movies,cartoons,and Gameboy/GBA/NDS roms. And its themeable :D I sense a Micra theme coming on. So anyway, Along side this handy unit ill be getting an FM transimtter from DSE so i can get the sound from the NDS to my radio, and hence, in-car sound! Woot!

Also a travel charger for the NDS so i can have continuous fun. The beauty is, just about anything sits nice on the ashtray as Ive done. All i need to do is rig up some rubber to stop is sliding and something to hold it down...

Now the beauty of this format, is that you/I wont ever leave the DS sitting in the car, because you can take it with you and play games at wherever you are! eg. Work, Home, G/f's house, Doctors etc.

Anyway, obviously if you have a PSP or Gameboy Advance you can do the same.
Just thought id open a thread on this :D
As Big Kev (rip) would say "Im Excited!"
Pics will come after its all setup and working nice! Heres one for the mean time.

CMF_Ghetto Micra

» CMF Member
I'll be honest and be the first to say it's a crap idea.

what you need is an in-dash or on-dash monitor, at least 7".

hell, get a 11" or something :)

imagine trying to look at that nintendo DS when your in the car? wtf?

if you were good, you could gut that DS, and make a custom shroud for it and mount it in the centre of the steering wheel. now thats hardcore :)

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
Well, the idea is to have something that you can take out of the car easy when youre not in it. I had a 7" TFT LCD screen that got stolen, because i left it in the car. Not in view, it was in the glovebox but the stand it was on was in view!!! Those bastards.
What im really getting at, is a portable media player, with an FM transtmitter can work wonders in a car + anywhere else. Given the right mounting of course.

Also, its not like a need an 11" screen open when im driving :D The passenger can pickup the DS and watch while i watch the road. Easy.

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
However... Ive got a Gameboy SP thats become somewhat redundant after getting the NDS, as it p[lays gameboy advance games..... Mwuhahaha. Maybe i will hack it up and stick it in the steering wheel... Next step, goto wreckers and get a spare steering wheel if anything goes wrong. Ill investigate other areas a small lcd screen might fit aswell.

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member

Attachments

• 12239.jpg
    12239.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 38
Back