Need some advice on a primera/sunny 1.6 in my micra

I have a 1.0 k11 and would like to no if a 1.6 primera/sunny engine would be a straight swap with out modifying to make it fit. Also i'd like to know if this would be worth doin...any 1 u can help, do let me no thanx Scopez

nope you need to mod the chassis leg and the mounts.

yep its worth doing cos mine is SO MUCH FUN.... sorry WAS so much fun :(

scopez, would suggest searching the threads, there's loads of info on 1.6 cars and work needed, people won't wanna repost it again

nex

thanx nex for the advice just wanted to no y the chassis leg woud need modifyin and what would u have to do to it. Hw quick was the 1.6 in ur micra by the way..? thanx

The chassis leg ONLY needs modifying if you are using some of the existing mounts.. this has been done in the past and this is the modification they have made..

Ive seen both of these 1.6 micras and ive converted a 2.0 micra aswell.. The best thing to do is fabricate custom mounts and driveshafts.. this saves on the integrity of the chassis

This is the best action to take in my opinion...

drop it in, in a decent position that leaves plenty of space all round, fabricate some temporary mounts up, then throw some shafts in that are welded to suit the position of your new engine and gearbox...

At this point check for cleareance on the shafts and boots etc.. and generally all round

- then if your happy you can then fully weld up your mounts and whatever bracing you want, wire in your electrics etc..

If at this point you decide you need to change things, then its not a huge job..

thanx nex for the advice just wanted to no y the chassis leg woud need modifyin and what would u have to do to it. Hw quick was the 1.6 in ur micra by the way..? thanx

the problem, like kristian said is that if you want to use existing mounts then the engine is too far over to the drivers side and the pullys rub on the chassis leg.

it were very quick, i got it spinning in 3rd gear with new tyres!!

still the 1.6 only puts out 102bhp you could probably get that with a micra engine and a bit of modding. but then there is no replacement for displacement ;)

kristian

just wanted to know kristian what kind of drive shaft have u used for urs and are they both the same for the 2.0 and 1.6?

what 1.6 would u say be better to use, sunny/pulsar or primera?

lol any chance u think id keep up with a 2.0 red top calibra engine in a corsa B?

i should say it would be the similar convertion as what iam doing in my k10 which up to now has been very easy to do,just started doing the shaft at the mo using the ga16 inner and shafts being shortened and re splinned to fit the k10 outers,,
and no i dont think it will keep up with a red top corsa thats why my ga wont be long before its il be swopped for a sr20

If you want to keep up with a redtop VALVER corna/Nova..

drop in a nissan equlivant, Ie. an SR20De from an early primera..

its about as much work as the 16. conversion give or take.. and its 150 STANDARD!

Back