Need advice

hello,after some advice on buying and modding a k11 micra so i though i would just jump straight in and ask the people in the know. iam not new to basic mods,,springs,exhausts and simple ice installs but i came away from the car/street scene many years ago so iam out the loop as they say

iam more into my classic scooters these days but will be needing a cheap car in the very near future so ive stumbled across these k11 micra's after a quick ebay search,,,a fair few with T&T under £500

il chuck a few questions out so you can get an idea what iam thinking and the way i do things,,,hope someone can help and push me into getting one abit quicker

i want small wide wheels,,,,,,,whats my options?

whats the options for a budget suspension set-up,,,,,coilovers or spring kit?

i was looking at the 1.oltrs,,,,,,is there any models to look out for and why would you recommend them?

what basic mods would you do to a 1.0ltr engine just to give it a nice little rumble,,,exhaust etc?

right thats the boring questions out the way,,,,now for the good stuff

is there any threads i can look at for nitrous and turbo conversions?,,,,ive always wanted to fit a nitrous kit to a car,,,,not fussed about speed or bhp i just want an aircraft switch to play with and a little kick so i can laugh in my old age,,,,sad i know but as long as iam happy,,lol

i can look at nitrous info all over the internet but iam after stuff related to micra's,,,,,turbos or basic tuning would be great,,,just need a little insight to your world to get the ideas flowing

bucket seats and roll cages,,,,,,any info/ideas on these?,,,ive fitted a few but would like to hear from you lot,,,brands etc

happy to hear anything and everything,,,and hope to have something to tinker with soon as

gaz

I have a set of said 12" wheels but they're not wide :/

Suspension. Plenty of guides as frank says
Bolt on coilovers are in excess of £600
Cheaper ones can be modified to fit at £150
Or some decent kits occasionally pop up at £300 ready to go

1.0l - Common mods I see are 1.3 cams, some sort of intake, and a 4-2-1 manifold followed by a peter lloyd exhaust system

I love the fact you want to do it for fun. Too many people chase a big hp figure these days. Good to hear someone enjoy the car for what it is.
Mine isn't to everyone's taste but it's mine and its great fun

Bucket seats are everywhere but getting em to fit will require you to wield a grinder and a welder in most cases.

Roll cages. Avoid OMP, their cages are so ill fitting. A safety devices cage is my recommendation for a bolt in

Many a thread kicking around for more ideas etc.. eg mine has many switches. Totally unnecessary in some cases but its fun :D

Hope thats a help

aup chaps,,,,cheers for the replys

12 inch wheels,,,,,yes il have some of that but i would be wanting that funny looking stretched tyre look and i do like the old skool weller wheels or banded steelys if anyone has any info on these regarding micra's?

h701micra,,,,forums need more people like you,,will have a nosey at your threads and see whats what,,cheers again mukka

i can see myself taking a few more trips to maplin than normal,,lol,,just need to find a half decent k11 to start tinkering

i will start looking around the forum to get clued up but can anyone give me some advice on different models of k11?,,,,,,,sports models,,,basic models etc

and engine transplants,,,,,which engine? etc,,,,,,,,,,ive been watching Mighty Car Mods on youtube for a while now and they have a few videos on what looks like a japanese style micra,,,,,,think this is what swayed me to look at micras on youtube

peace out people and all the best!!!!,,,,,gaz

i will start looking around the forum to get clued up but can anyone give me some advice on different models of k11?,,,,,,,sports models,,,basic models etc

Welcome Gaz ;)

Base models (poverty spec):.... L, shape, muzic......., (facelift) s, equation, tempest(?), inspiration

Top models (bells and whistles): Super s, sr,....... (facelift) si, se+, sport+

Engines : 1.0, 1.3,... (facelift) 1.0, 1.4

Hope that helps, a bit

Edit : https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Micra

http://www.micrak12.com/micra.htm

aup chaps,,,,cheers for the replys

12 inch wheels,,,,,yes il have some of that but i would be wanting that funny looking stretched tyre look and i do like the old skool weller wheels or banded steelys if anyone has any info on these regarding micra's?

h701micra,,,,forums need more people like you,,will have a nosey at your threads and see whats what,,cheers again mukka

i can see myself taking a few more trips to maplin than normal,,lol,,just need to find a half decent k11 to start tinkering

and engine transplants,,,,,which engine? etc,,,,,,,,,,ive been watching Mighty Car Mods on youtube for a while now and they have a few videos on what looks like a japanese style micra,,,,,,think this is what swayed me to look at micras on youtube

peace out people and all the best!!!!,,,,,gaz
You're welcome to my set of 12" if needs as they're surplus to requirements.
There's a couple of companies out there that will band you a set if you take em a set to do.
Or you can buy second hand ones ready made instead.
Stretch is easily achievable too :)

There's a lot of threads/blogs on here full of a wide range of ideas. My 2 are called "My long promised blog" & "Nissanubaru Micra WRX"

Engines... possibilities are endless.
Easiest and most common swap is a 1.0 to a 1.3
Or if its a coilpack type 1.0 to 1.4. It will all depend on year
Other swaps include the GA, CA and SR from the Nissan family.
Or a subaru boxer engine if you've lost the plot like myself

Share they love eh.

Was gonna comment on your post in this thread.

Enjoy the car, isn't that what I told you to do :p

Oh and welcome Gaz! :D

cheers lads,,,,,,much appreciated

ive just been reading a thread about sticking a turbo on a 1.0ltr,,,,,,,,Mighty Car Mods have videos of this aswel

when i was a young spunk sticking a K&N filter on was a big deal,,,,,,,now iam seeing young lads fitting turbos like its bloody normal,,,,,,i need to know more!!!!

if i go and buy a 1.oltr micra,,,,,,,,,,how much are we talking to do these mods below

turbo conversion
gearbox upgrade
4-2-1 manifold and full straight through system
lowering kit
wheels and tyre package
nitrous kit,,,smallest kit available just for a laugh

i could and prob will do abit more research into this,,,,,but you guys seem like your willing to help so i might aswel ask first to make it easier,,,,,jesus iam even thinking about selling one of my scooters to fund a turbo micra nos monster,,,,whats up with me!!!!!!

if i go and buy a 1.oltr micra,,,,,,,,,,how much are we talking to do these mods below

turbo conversion
gearbox upgrade
4-2-1 manifold and full straight through system
lowering kit
wheels and tyre package
nitrous kit,,,smallest kit available just for a laugh

i could and prob will do abit more research into this,,,,,but you guys seem like your willing to help so i might aswel ask first to make it easier,,,,,jesus iam even thinking about selling one of my scooters to fund a turbo micra nos monster,,,,whats up with me!!!!!!
Custom manifold, turbo, intercooler and pipework, oil lines, sump return, injectors (sr20), rail, maf of some sort (sr20), management & mapping...
About £500-1000 its all skill based. Mapping being the budget eater

Gearbox upgrade.. pop to a scrappy. Can be anywhere from 30 to 130. Standard boxes cope just fine though I'd check what fits

4-2-1 manifold... probably not on a turbo build.. but around £100-150 if you're lucky

Exhaust same aa manifold but can be bought new from the magical Internet

Lowering varies massively.. few hours to £800+

Rest... no idea

Nothing wrong with you at all :p

try telling my missus that

anyhow am getting a tad to excited with talk of turbos and nitrous,,just didnt realise how easy it was,,,,,will get myself a cheap k11 micra first

if i was to go down the turbo route in the future am i correct in saying i need an early 1.0ltr,,,,,pre 2000 or something?

any reason for sticking to 1L? cos maybe better to start with a 1.3L platform for more potential?

looking on ebay i see alot of cheap 1.0ltr k11's

ive had nova's,corsa's,cavi's,swift gti's,loads of vans and a few big family cars,,,,,,,,been using classic scooters for a while but the time has come to get back into a car,,,will be used for shopping mainly and general town driving,,,,,,but i cant leave stuff alone so i need something thats cheap to mod,,,,micras seem to fit the bill,,,,,i get to take the missus shopping and get my fix at the same time

if i was to turbo or nitrous it would just be to say ive done it,,,,,not interested in how fast it goes but i would want it to run correctly of course seeing as i need to get to tescos once a week,lol

had a quick look at your info fella,,you seem to know a fair bit,,,,if i wanted to turbo a 1.0ltr on a tight budget what would you suggest?,,,,ive noticed a few lists people put up but what its a little hard to understand when people just write,,,maf,,t2 turbo,,mapping,manifold etc etc etc

what turbo from where?
how much for a manifold?
how much for pipework?

hope you understand my situation and help out with some more info,,,,sorry if i sound a little daft,,,,i am,,,lol,,,but iam willing to give it a pop

what turbo from where?
how much for a manifold?
how much for pipework?

hope you understand my situation and help out with some more info,,,,sorry if i sound a little daft,,,,i am,,,lol,,,but iam willing to give it a pop
Custom made manifold but its simple to do

I've got a T15 going spare too

Pipework is also custom :)

cheers for that h701micra,,,,,,,,will give you a shout in the future if i cant find bits local

also,,,seeing as il be chatting to you on here,,,do you have a name?,,,feels abit odd calling you 701micra

cheers for that h701micra,,,,,,,,will give you a shout in the future if i cant find bits local

also,,,seeing as il be chatting to you on here,,,do you have a name?,,,feels abit odd calling you 701micra
Sure let me know :)

I get called H701 alot by many people so I'm used to it. But Andy if you prefer (not Andrew... I'm a thoroughbred Andy :p)

Turbo I say 1500+

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

bit of a short post chris,,,anychance you could give a quick brake down of parts for £1500 and where you would get them from for this money?

if its going to cost over £2000 for turbo conversion on a micra i see no point

bit of a short post chris,,,anychance you could give a quick brake down of parts for £1500 and where you would get them from for this money?

if its going to cost over £2000 for turbo conversion on a micra i see no point
I dunno, 1500 + car cost for a car that can smash a 30k Scirocco GTi? Worth it just for the look on the other guys face ;)

sorry lads,,,,,,,said that a tad wrong,,,in my situation i see no point spending that amount just for a turbo on a micra 1.oltr

remember if i decide to do it i would want the most basic set-up going just for cheap giggles and to tinker in the garage at the weekend

if your going all out to race other cars,,,,then yes spend all you want but thats not me

starting l
the average spend is about £1500 gaz, DIY can bring that down a lot tho :)

i will be doing most things myself mate,,,i have buddies with lathes,welders etc,,,ive played around with suspension kits,exhaust and basic mods so iam not a stranger to most of it,,,,,just new to micra's

iam having a good look around the forum as we speak,,,,,,just trying to get clued up with a basic turbo conversion and what parts to look at,,,,everyone seems to have a different list,turbo,pipes etc so its a little tricky working it out

Frank, refresh my memory, was that a cga crank with corsa pistons.....in which block?

Didn't you try that and sat the comp was to low?

Frank, refresh my memory, was that a cga crank with corsa pistons.....in which block?

Didn't you try that and sat the comp was to low?
the c/r was too low with the CG crank neil, but ok with the CGA3 one, in a CGA3 block with .5mm overbore :)

Back