Need advice

right lads few more daft questions if anyone is willing to help,,,,after getting a good response on here ive been thinking micra's,,turbos and watching mighty car mods all over again,,,,,,,even went to go see about a cheap one a friend mentioned today but it was a mess so walked away without even opening a door

ive found a cracking blog,,,,,lad called stani who built a turbo in quick time,,,,,,,,i like the way he went about it and the parts he used were pretty little things,,,manifold being one of them,,,few questions

he used a tdo4 turbo from a mitsubishi glanza,,,and a glanza manifold from toyosports,,,,chopped the flange off and matched up an after market micra flange,,,the port holes are near as the same so it was just a case of welding back up,,,,,,lokks like a better way to do things?? is this correct

how do you go about deciding which turbo to use?,,,,,,,i was thinking something like a r5 turbo because its off a small cc engine to start with?

how do you go about deciding which pipework kit to buy?,,,silcone hoses and dump pipe etc??

ive watched the might car mods how to turbo vids and will watch again,,,,but can someone shed some light on mapping,ecu's,nistune regarding micra's??,,,what do you do on a budget build mapping also???,,,,,how hard is it and why does it cost so much??

iam interested in learning everything i can so if you can see iam not understanding something simple just say,,,,,,

peace out people,,,,gaz

ok fella,,,il keep researching,,,just one question,not sure if iam wording it wrong because nobody seems to want to answer,lol

what makes you decide on a turbo?,,,,,,size of turbo,,,from what car,,,,or do you just pick a turbo and go with it?

read your aus $100 turbo thread,,,,good build mate,,,,,but one thing ive noticed alot of threads i read i dont understand half the info because you all seem to be mechanics talking the lingo,,,,,,,,,,iam a brickie mate,,nuff said,lol

Hello gaz. I'm the same as you mate....dunno nuffink, but if I were you, have a good look around the forum and you will find everything you would want to know about putting a turbo on your motor. Remember though, reading it, and doing it....are worlds apart. I would think you would need some-one with a bit of knowledge helping you on site.

the size of the turbo defines where the powerband will be gaz, this TD05 setup would be too big for your 1.0 (£150 if you want it tho :D) because a 1.0 would,nt spin it up till about 6k rpm.
a small KP35 turbo from a diesel k12 would boost from 2k on a 1.0 tho :)

P4270819.JPG

now where getting somewhere frank,,,,that little bit of simple info is all iam after,,,,i could go out and buy a turbo from anyone of the threads you mention or andy offered but i want to know why and what it would do,,if you get what iam saying,,,small 2 strokes iam good at but this is all new to me so iam wanting to plan out before i spend a penny

tdo4 turbo and a glanza manifold seems like a good option for a 1.0,,,,?

now where getting somewhere frank,,,,that little bit of simple info is all iam after,,,,i could go out and buy a turbo from anyone of the threads you mention or andy offered but i want to know why and what it would do,,if you get what iam saying,,,small 2 strokes iam good at but this is all new to me so iam wanting to plan out before i spend a penny

tdo4 turbo and a glanza manifold seems like a good option for a 1.0,,,,?
TD04 is too big for a daily mate, mine is the smallest of the TD04,s (the 9b model iirc) which is about 2/3rds the size of stani,s one, and its still too big.
you,re best to go for something more modern tbh, there are loads of 5 to 10 yr old TDI turbo,s for sale, that are the right size for a 1.0 petrol engine :)

Hello gaz. I'm the same as you mate....dunno nuffink, but if I were you, have a good look around the forum and you will find everything you would want to know about putting a turbo on your motor. Remember though, reading it, and doing it....are worlds apart. I would think you would need some-one with a bit of knowledge helping you on site.

dont mind having a pop at anything mate,,ive built one or two customs in the past just not a turbo micra,lol,,,your right about reading and doing are a world apart but if i can get all the info i can it makes decisions abit easier to make and less money wasted

ive got people who can weld,,,lathes and help out so thats all good,,,,,,iam just wringing all the knowlege from the experts here first

TD04 is too big for a daily mate, mine is the smallest of the TD04,s (the 9b model iirc) which is about 2/3rds the size of stani,s one, and its still too big.
you,re best to go for something more modern tbh, there are loads of 5 to 10 yr old TDI turbo,s for sale, that are the right size for a 1.0 petrol engine :)

sounds like a plan mate,,,will do a little surfing and come back when ive worked something out,,,,still think you should be doing a kit though,,,a nice simple bolt on kit,,lol for simple people,,local people like me,ha

so iam gona start looking at kp35 turbos,,,,just got to work out what pipe work would fit etc,,,,iam sure il work it out after abit more surfing

andy h701,,,,,,you in louth mate?,,,down the road from you,will be in louth soon on a scooter run,,,could do with seeing a turbo micra in the flesh if ya can help?

sounds like a plan mate,,,will do a little surfing and come back when ive worked something out,,,,still think you should be doing a kit though,,,a nice simple bolt on kit,,lol for simple people,,local people like me,ha

so iam gona start looking at kp35 turbos,,,,just got to work out what pipe work would fit etc,,,,iam sure il work it out after abit more surfing

andy h701,,,,,,you in louth mate?,,,down the road from you,will be in louth soon on a scooter run,,,could do with seeing a turbo micra in the flesh if ya can help?
I am sure he would if you sling him 200 quid.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Someone not a million miles away... that's a first :p
I know of a couple kicking about ;)

il give you a shout when iam your way mate,,would be good to see your k10,my type of car back in the day,,reminds me of my stripped out nova and swift and corsa,lol,,,might even buy you a pint if you dont mind 30-40 odd scooters in a pub car park,lol

il give you a shout when iam your way mate,,would be good to see your k10,my type of car back in the day,,reminds me of my stripped out nova and swift and corsa,lol,,,might even buy you a pint if you dont mind 30-40 odd scooters in a pub car park,lol
More than welcome. I'm never too far away
I don't mind.. ask the pubs :p

1.3 turbo running 10psi 160bhp on nistune fitted & tuned on dyno by Ed at Fusion Motorsport. costs £355 fitted and extra £75 for tuning on dyno

the above is quoted from polly,,,nistune seems to pop up alot with these micra turbo builds,,, from what i can work out after sourcing all the parts for a turbo kit and fitting them,,getting the car mapped correclty gives you an engine which would be realible and save you melting pistons?,,,this would be for a daily runner,low boost just for the vrummmm tsshhh noise:eek:

i know the price isnt as cheap as i thought but iam guessing a decent low boost turbo build could be done for under £1000??? correct me if iam wrong,,,,this would be using a modern kp35 turbo,,,,the only tricky bit is getting the manifold fabricated??

frank,andy,stani,polly,,,,anychance you could wave your magic wand over the above and confirm/clarify for me?

cheers again,,,gaz,,,,,,if all else fails its getting a nitrous kit for sh*ts and giggles,,,now that i know is a bolt-on:Do_O:eek:

The largest part is mapping the rest is pretty straightforward :).
I'd say a decent turbo build can be had for less than £500 and I'll prove my theory one day ;)

Manifold is really simple. Cut n chop n weld

But you're on the money so far

Back