Need advice on repairs

CMF_Polarbear

» CMF Member
EDIT
So, I've found another Micra, this one's in Brisbane and cause that's a 6 hour drive away I dunno what condition it's in.
It's this SLX on eBay.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/1995-Nissan-...QcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Cars?hash=item4a9aa01981

190 thou kms.
A/C, no p/s. Looks pretty stock from the extra internal and engine bay shots he sent me.

I was thinking if I go ahead I'd ring the dealer, have a chat and see about having it RACQ master inspected then after recieving and reading that, if I'm still happy, I'd fly down and have a drive in it and then buy it and drive it home.

So, sure it says 3890 but thats with stamp duty and rego etc so it'd be around $3300? ish? How hard is p/s to install yourself if you get the parts?

Ugly colour, but I have a friend who can set me up with a mates rates respray ($1500 for the exterior and inside the car itself, doors etc) I'm thinking yellow (canary?).

<strike>
Old post

Hey guys,
So I haven't actually got a micra yet but I'm looking at one and want some advice.

The guy is asking $4400, it's a white SLX, aircon and powersteering, some minor paint issues (like around the roof rack bars the paint flacked away a little) some minor scratches/dints etc and some small rust stains. Has some 13" ROH rims from memory

I got it inspected and the bloke said, and I quote, both rear wheel cylinders leaking - fluid behind boots, proportioning valve leaking, oil wetness on right rear shock - clean and monitor.

Do you guys have any idea what the repairs would cost/entail (if I were to DIY) and how serious it is?

What should I be offering him: in a repaired condition, in current condition?</strike>

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
Need more info. Is it a series one or series 2? How many K's.
Stuffed rear shocks no biggy, an easy DIY, Rear leaking brakes cylinders a fairly common Micra problem. I've never bothered doing the job myself, got someone to do it but parts are not expensive.

Try to get price down to $4k or maybe $3.8k but without seeing the car hard to be exact.

Mychael

CMF_Polarbear

» CMF Member
Series 1, 194 thou. Aside from the rims it's pretty stock.

Unfortunately it looks as though I'm giving this Micra a miss, promised my folks I wouldn't pay (not my money) him more than 3.8, feeling confident I could get him that low. He wouldn't budge below 4, I'm hoping he talks it over with his wife and calls me back to say done deal but I doubt it.

CMF_Polarbear

» CMF Member
So, I MIGHT still have a chance to get this Micra. A friend of mine is assessing her money and might be offering me $5500 for my lancer. If that happened I might offer this guy the $4000 he's asking, what you guys think? Decent deal or I should wait?

smidge

» CMF Member
unless its absolutely perfect, its not worth 4k

i got an absolutely mint 2 door for $2700

MINT

everything working perfectly

keep that in mind and try to be patient

it also might be worth your while travelling to get a good one

CMF_xero

» CMF Member
as everyone else has said its really not worth that much money.

about 6mths ago i bought my micra for $4500 but that came with KYB shocks, lovells springs, swaybars, camber bolts, hurricane extractors, exhaust system and CAI.
body had a couple of minor dings and scratches but nothing that couldnt be buffed out.
the car also had just over 140000km's on the clock..

so no really dont think its a good price, considering that there is the yellow beast for sale (i think) and many other better cars for the price.

CMF_kré

» CMF Member
i bought mine for $3k stock, pretty good body, 160,000kms and i think i paid too much. $4000 for that is just ridonkulous. ignore that dude and keep looking.

CMF_Polarbear

» CMF Member
Fair enough. What about this SLX on eBay?
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/1995-Nissan-...QcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Cars?hash=item4a9aa01981

Sure it says 3890 but thats with stamp duty and rego etc so it'd be around $3300? ish? Says aircon but doesn't mention p/s, how hard is that to install yourself if you get the parts?
I sent them an email asking how many km's it's done and if they have some interior and engine bay shots.

Ugly colour, but I have a friend who might be able to set me up with a mates rates respray.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Doesn't mention KMs which is a worry since it's almost the first thing people ask when looking at a second hand car. It's still a bit high and I would generally go for a private seller with a good history before going with dealerships.

No P/S is not a downside. It's unnecessary to have as the cars are so light - If you're needing power steering then something's wrong.

Just my 2c :)

---dens

CMF_1300cc

» CMF Member
i just paid for a micra 1995, Lx, AC, 203ks, unregistered for $600. but i have to replace R & L cv shaft and cv joints, right control arm ball joint, a/c compressor, fitted power steering w/ adjustable steering wheel, cooling fan, engine mounts upper and lower, clutch kit, costing me uptodate $2000....what i mean is at least i know that i have a brand new parts fitted, crossing my finger the the windscreen will pass RWC as it have some scratches from the wipers....

even if asking price is 3500 for a stock micra is way expensive....

CMF_Polarbear

» CMF Member
I got a text just now. I assume from the people with that green SLX on ebay. It simply said 'it has 170 km' but as there are no extra details or info as to who sent the text I have no idea if that's who it really is from...

EDIT: Turns out that text was about a different car... the green one has 190 thou.

Back