unfair speeding fines

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
Today on my way back to work after lunch I got pulled over by a cop telling me I was doing 75kmh in a 60kmh zone. Now I dont mind copping a ticket for speeding IF I was speeding but I know 110% I was not doing 75kmh and at best was doing 65kmh. The thing that gets me is the area he was in. I took a photo of it since I might take it to court even though winning a case is not high and the courts always take the cops word as truth even when it aint so.
In the photo you see a bus stop and then another car just comming into view and thats the point in which i spotted the cop and where he said he got me on his lazer but heres the issue with that. What you dont see the the intersection just a bit further back from there and I had just turned off marrangaroo drive onto mirrabooka drive so he claims I got to 75 in less than 100meters from that point to where he got a reading but if thats the case then my 97 nissan micras got a lot more power under the hood then what I ever thought it did. Anyway just a rant and tell me from the photo if you think its plausible he got a correct reading when I know 110% I was not speeding.

CMF_DeepFraught

» CMF Member
Bummer MK, if it's not too late, you can employ this legal defence strategy:
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23199580-2,00.html?from=mostpop

If you are serious about fighting it, PM me and I'll link you to some local discussion on related topics.

... or watch Zeitgeist Addendum again, refresh the realisation the speeding fine is just another baseless tax of baseless money in a globally corrupt system, pay the fine, and sleep easier once you've let it go ;)

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
Yeah pm me any links/ info you have mate. I am gpoing to go back with my good camera and take photos of the area including from where I was when he says he got me to prove he was unsafe methods to catch people.

CMF_Micra Man

» CMF Member
Fight it !! Reading your post you have a good case. Take photos write down your story in full,etc. Its just another case of a fat lazy cop finding easiest way to fill in time on his shift.Go to court dressed smart, keep your cool and present the facts.Most people who get pinged and were not speeding do not have the time to fight it so just pay up. If everyone fought, the courts would become clogged up in no time.Gee from the photo the area you got caught looks like a black spot for sure!! Its just revenue and nothing to do with lowering the accident/road death toll. Anyway in W.A. where do most of the road fatilities occure? From last time I checked it was in rural areas, with grog and not wearing a seat belt high on the causes.Don't get me wound up!!Yes there are idiots out there on the roads but most people who get caught are just helping the Govt. raise revenue, nothing to do with improving road safety(education).

cisco

» CMF Member
Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Makes me so damn angry.

I got one from a permanent fixed speed camera recently right near my house a few months ago, and know for a damn fact that I have always known its there and NEVER NEVER NEVER speed through it. It was like only 7km over too. I just did the lazy stupid give up thing and just paid it. Because it will cost you more in your time to fk around with all the **** to fight it. I know that was totally the wrong thing to do too, but it was just easier to pay it than waste hours, away from my job, losing money to fight it. BAH.

I hope you fight it and win.

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
haha yeh dude.. that cop looks so old you could give him a fright n he would have a heart attack... it all comes down to angry old people!!! but thats just my opinion! haha

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
Yeah he was an old guy. Anyone know a site that has specs for the laser guns they use? Ill defend it myself If I go to court but need as much info and facts on there specs to stand a chance of proving the cop was not using it correct.

Back