Speeding in a car park!!!?

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
<rant> Right, this morning, I was allegedly speeding & accused of driving dangerously, by a parking attendant in the council owned car park where I work.

Myself and others have had many issues and confrontations with these stupid idiots, who are obviously on a power trip, and believes he has law like status and is trying to now get me banned from parking there.

It’s the type of car park you can’t speed in, its known for denting panels, taking out mirrors etc etc!! I think it’s because my exhaust is loud and he just assumed I was going fast. Imo, I was driving perfectly safe & in control!

I couldn’t be bothered to argue, if he thought I was that dangerous he should have called the police, after all they’re the law, not him!

I was speaking to a colleague who said as bonfire night is coming up, we should round them all up and burn them lol! I know they’re just doing a job, but Christ, accusing me of dangerous driving has really ****** me off

Has anyone else had issues with stupid muppets like this?

</rant>

grr grr grr grr grr grr grr grr

welcome to the world of owning a modded car.

I have it all the time....

Had one chap complain because i was going over 20 miles down my old road which has 30mph signs up (i was only doing 25 as i was slowing down for my driveway). he claimed i could have ran over his children. I politly told him he's a bad parent to let his children play out on a busy main road.......

.... god i made an enermy for life :D :D :D

Yes, Coatbridge's old Big W car park...
Famous as it is here, it's now Tesco's car park but is still refered to as Big W car park ;)

So yeah, Security staff hated us hanging around, probably jealousy that they had to work and we were out racing r/c cars and blasting music as loud as possible. I've heard of a few guys being arrested for loud exhausts and music. This kind of killed the scene. Anyway, it turns out to be true and was in the advertiser about 2 years ago. I LONG since given up that scene and turned to track performance.

So there you go, abusive car park security staff is global. Your friend is right, maybe a big bonfire is the solution! ;)

-JGti

yellow coat hitlers jumped up little pillocks who think they have power as they have a lumanous jaket and a hut with a loaded poster.. you know what i do tell them where to go and laugh at them.. they carnt do anything.

AFAIK there's a nation 10km/hr speed limit in all australian carparks, unless otherwise signed. I've only seen it enforced once. Needs to happen more often because the amount of people here who do ridiculous speeds (especially in 4x4's, SUV's etc) is just crazy. Its dangerous!!

But yeh, driving a modified car with an exhaust usually means you're the target of everything, whether youre breaking the rules or not. I feel sorry for ya Arnold!

just because its a modified car you get so much greif, its always because the exhaust attracts attention.

A community officer started giving me lip about my car etc i was like who the **** are you, some sort of parking attendant, and she was like NO i am a police support officer i was like :laugh: and drove off.

people on power trips really gets me going :mad: i know how you feel go back there and report him to his supervisor lol

I've not had any problems so far regarding my exhaust drawing to much attention.

There was one #### at my college and they would rev the engine right up between the speed bumps and when parking you would get the throttle revving as if they were cool.

I've had the exact same thing happen. i know i've been driving a a suitable speed and just blame it on my exhaust.

It sounds a lot faster than it is :p

Type-R said:
go back there and report him to his supervisor lol

If i see him later i'l probably have words, because im fed up of people like that. The most annoying thing is they have no common sense and obviously want to enforce the rules like its a religion, for example

Ive parked my car in the same place every day for three years, one day the permit falls off the dashboard and they ticket it - surely the fact they've seen my car there daily, and its pretty obvious its my car as its fairly unique, they could just realise its fallen off and let it go? But no they put a ticket on it, and have to go through the long process of getting it cancelled.

They've done this with other people i work with too. Also if we cant get into one of our company reserved bays, and have to use the pay and display, they'l book it as soon as they expire, like 2 or 3 minutes after! Sometimes we're in meetings or busy and cant jump out straight away to buy more time or move our cars, but they dont give you any time at all.

And once i got a ticket because there ticket machines dont accept £2 coins. In my complaint, they said it could cost too much money to replace the machines, and its not there fault i didnt have the suitable funds. I said i did but there machines wouldnt accept it etc etc, anyway, shortly after my rant they replaced them all - despite saying it would cost too much!! and i had to pay the fine.

Right, i need a valium

dude i really feel for you,

in my current job parking is excellent and free (private land)

When i worked for telewest on the albert dock, we paid £20 per month for parking with Vinci, seamed a good price considering its one of the biggest tourist attractions in liverpool and the public have to pay £12 per day.

there was building work going on (the new athletic stadium) and we had to park on land where there was no white lines on the tarmac. Come to the end of my shift and me plus 6 other colleuges find tickets for £80 on our window for parking outside of white lines !

Furious ! so i got onto vinci and me and 6 colluges confronted the vinci car park attendant asked for him to point out the lines.... he wouldnt to i ripped up the tickets and put them in his top pocket...

got them cancelled the next day ;)

we had one similair at college, the parking was free but you got ticketed if you parked on the grass. i just kept my ticket and parked on the grass anyway, put my ticket on the window so they would think its already been ticketed. it did work. untill one day when my friend had parked on the grass, the tiny little security guard who couldnt take on a a bar of soap confronted is all one day. saying we have been warned and started getting very asrey. waving a wheel clamp around. before he knew it there was 10people stood around him and realised he wasnt going to clamp, he walked off shouting abuse..... best thing was he left his walkie-talkie on my mates car. we had some fun. he quit after that.

thats a bit harsh hushes, you were int he wrong, then when the guy tried to do his job you physically intemedated him. If you don't want a fine, don't park where your not meant too?

you didnt get a fine. just a warning.and eventually got clamped if you got enough warnings. it wasnt harsh, most people gathered around because they heard the arguing this was the first time he had parked on the grass and he was going to be clamped for his first offence.

I havent experienced any kind of speeding and fined parking incidents but talking about fines i would like to point out this one new rule i never knew before until i got my ticket.

you guys may know it already but i have always been told that single yellow parking is permitted from 8am to 6pm mon to saturday and completely ok on sunday. so there i was parking on a single yellow line on sunday and went for lunch and got a ticket for it.

apparantly its illegal to park on single yellows around any city centres from 8am to 6pm monday to SUNDAY.

by the sounds of it hes probably had a bad day etc and took it out on you, modded car = law breaker in the eyes of the majority.

if hes alright about it if you talk to him again, forget about it. if hes a prat then park your car up against his shed door so hes stuck in there all day, until you go home, only joking lol

harsh mate,

lay some sort of trap ;)

or

talk to them with an air horn behind your back and when ever they try and talk just blow the air horn :D works really well :D:D

Our car park is free but the security staff also have a speed detector and you can be clamped. You don't have to pay to be released from it but your details are recorded and given to personnel for future referance. grr

Our car parks

Here in the lovely seaside town of Folkestone, the Saga multistory car park is the place to be.
except sometimes, skoda weilding police block off the exits so the meets on the roof level cant leave. shortly followed by one car coming up to the roof, checking your cars and insurance etc....

Harsh Eh. :wow:

I've had a few idiots like this mate, although usually if i get out of the car they instantly back off, mainly because people dont expect you to do that. dont take any rubbish mate sort him out ;)

not really harsh - it's to be expected.

thats like saying I wanted to board a transatlantic flight and they wanted to check my passport! LOL the police are doing their job and you've made it all the more easier for them to do it by going to a carpark.

Back