Speeding!

Kamarley

If it aint Jap its Crap!
Think I got caught speeding last night doing about 40 in a 30. I know the roads well and never speed on it normally -_- but saw a police man with a speed gun on the side of the road in the dark on the way home from work my heart sank! I was waiting to get pulled over but I didn't?? Does this mean I got away with it??? I was in the right lane and another car doing the same speed was next to me so hopefully the police got them and not me??? :/

I think they say if you don't get a letter within 2 weeks you weren't over the limit/caught...they won't chase you if they're standing with a gun unless you're going like the clappers!
but you may be reported for the offence

You gotta remember (not that you should push it) your speedo will be, what, 5% out? and they tend to give 10% plus 3 or something... leeway.... so you'd have to have been doing Officially 36...and if your speedo said 40...hopefully you were only doing 35... ;)

My dad and my brother have both been caught speeding...you get a choice generally..points, fine...or driver improvement course

next time...slow down buddy :p

With a gun you need to be pulled.

There's no leeway that I know of. 31 in a 30 and it's 3 points if you're caught.

Friend got done a while back.

If TV has taught me anything it's at 40, there's an 80% chance someone will die mush.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

It was dark and I was trying to get home :( can't afford the points on my licence when my insurances comes up I'm gonna get ****ed over not like young male drivers already get ****ed over :(

skymera said:
With a gun you need to be pulled.

There's no leeway that I know of. 31 in a 30 and it's 3 points if you're caught.

Friend got done a while back.

If TV has taught me anything it's at 40, there's an 80% chance someone will die mush.

So your saying as I didn't get pulled I will be fine??

Kamarley said:
So your saying as I didn't get pulled I will be fine??

Should be. If nothing arrives in 2 weeks, you're generally fine.

And woman get screwed over just as much as men, there's no price difference between genders anymore :-D

skymera said:
Should be. If nothing arrives in 2 weeks, you're generally fine.

And woman get screwed over just as much as men, there's no price difference between genders anymore :-D

Still if the letter falls on my door Matt I'm ****ed... Stupid apprenticeship wage is gonna get me nowhere

you get a choice generally..points, fine...or driver improvement course

Here in France you get BOTH points AND fine ! Never been caught in 5 years, trying to always be at max legal speed.

next time...slow down buddy :p
This.
If you really want to drive fast go to a track session and test your driving skill without any speed limit. You will save points, stress and other people lifes.

It was dark and I was trying to get home :( can't afford the points on my licence when my insurances comes up I'm gonna get ****ed over not like young male drivers already get ####ed over :(

Regardless of the outcome, there's an opportunity to learn here. The fear and anguish that you will be experiencing will hopefully be enough to give you a fresh perspective on what is more important. A few minutes of time weighted against the increased risk of an accident, points on your license, negative financial effects or your driving license.

Low Rider said:
Regardless of the outcome, there's an opportunity to learn here. The fear and anguish that you will be experiencing will hopefully be enough to give you a fresh perspective on what is more important; A few minutes of time or the risks of an accident, points on your license, negative financial effects or worse.

Already learnt from it didn't go over the speed limits all the way to work this morning :) fingers crossed they didn't get me though :/

anyway,

you will be ok cos you didn't get pull up by police. i think they wont send a letter to you.
last year, i got flashed by speed camera in Cambridge (it should be 20 but i drove at 30). my dad sorted this out so i don't know how my dad did this job to me. its magically disappear. i learned this mistake so i need to be aware with these road signs, speed signs and obey all these road signs. Right now, i am prefect driver as everyone who drive nicely and obey these road signs.

is this car yours or your dad. if its your dad then you will need to tell your dad secretly (that is what i did to my dad). not your mum cos mums will get screw quickly lol.

My mate got caught by a van doing 40+, still within his two years

that was classed as excessive Speeding and now he's banned!

My Speedo is 10% out :eek:

i got done 3yrs ago when they just changed the limit by my house and they put a van up me raod so got done doing 40 in a 30 and got offered a course took it 2 and a half hours long but worth it instead of points

Well this wasn't a van just a guy in a phlercent (excuse my spelling) jacket with what looked like a police hat on but at the speed I was going and in the dark I dunno he could of just been doing a speed survey :/

Did you see a police car? I was flagged down when i was caught this way in 2007, once again hiding behind a wall, poor street lighting and no warning signs of speed being checked.

Stani1029 said:
Did you see a police car? I was flagged down when i was caught this way in 2007, once again hiding behind a wall, poor street lighting and no warning signs of speed being checked.

No mate I didn't but I wasn't really looking I saw him and drive off, no car an he didn't wave me down and further along the road there wasn't anymore police as I expected... Weird :/

Normally if its a plod at the road side with big square gun, its a laser speed gun, if you didnt get pulled then you are sorted. Chances are it was just an average speed check done by a third party contracted by the local council. And if it says 30 mph, its there for a reason, ie kids nearby.

I never even saw the van that got me, apparently 34 in a 30. Did the course ( 90 quid to do it but saved me points) and had to do the e learning stuff after too. Just convinced me they're scare mongering on the courses though, they claimed hitting a tree at 30 was "likely" to leave you paralysed! Maybe if you're the tree... Either way you shouldn't worry about it too much as the points are easy to avoid and from what my less fortunate mates have found out most insurance don't mind 3 points... Just any more and they punish you.

I never even saw the van that got me, apparently 34 in a 30. Did the course ( 90 quid to do it but saved me points) and had to do the e learning stuff after too. Just convinced me they're scare mongering on the courses though, they claimed hitting a tree at 30 was "likely" to leave you paralysed! Maybe if you're the tree... Either way you shouldn't worry about it too much as the points are easy to avoid and from what my less fortunate mates have found out most insurance don't mind 3 points... Just any more and they punish you.

I really really wouldnt want to hit a tree in a micra!

That sounds too high to be offered a course. My mum got caught doing 80 in a 70 and that was considered too high for a speed awareness course!

Don't worry I got pulled over there and then for doing 43 in a 30, it was leading up to a 50 only thing that gets sent out in the post is if its a ANPR van because everything is automatically done.

I really really wouldnt want to hit a tree in a micra!

When I wanted to upgrade my car (from my 97 K11 to a K12) my dad didn't see the point...
...this video was what made my dad help me out (coming with me 240 miles and lending me some money toward it....)
...it's the difference between the 3 star K11 and 4star K12...scary still but you can see how much less the a pillar and door deforms in comparison...
I agree though...wouldn't wanna hit a tree, or anything else for that matter, in any car. ^_^

...I did reverse into a wheelie bin in a nissan note once...it was fine...the car and the bin :p

Just got a letter, 42 in a 30. What's my chances of getting a course?
I agree with James...that may be too fast....you silly sausage, you... :(

My dad and brother have both been caught and done the awareness course (my brother did 48 in a 40, my dad did 37 in a 30)

The reason I said about leeway was because a police officer pulled my mum over once (I was in the car too) she was doing 34 in a 30 and was told if she had been doing 36...she would have been reported for the offence..they may be less lenient now :oops: I was about 10 at the time (15/16 years ago)

Just got a letter, 42 in a 30. What's my chances of getting a course?

My dad had a speed awareness course a while ago for doing 36 in a 30 and was told that 36 was the cut off point for getting automatic points.
He was still given the option of either an awareness course or points though lol.

Ah jeez, FFS looks like I'm looking at points. :( Just means ill have to be extra cautious from now on.

Hopefully it shouldn't effect my insurance too badly, if not at all.

I could just plead my innocence, and hopefully I can just pay for a course. Will just have to wait and see once I've sent the info back. :( well annoyed, this is something I could really do without having to worry about.

Ah jeez, FFS looks like I'm looking at points. :( Just means ill have to be extra cautious from now on.

I could just plead my innocence, and hopefully I can just pay for a course. Will just have to wait and see once I've sent the info back. :( well annoyed, this is something I could really do without having to worry about.
Were you actually caught?

On the course I did there were guys doing 45 in a 30 and 60 in a 40... Depends how lenient the local plods are. Round my area they're taking the approach that awareness is better than points for all involved so you might get lucky.

And yeah, saw the van, got the letter 11 days later.

They've been lenient in the past, they just tell you to slow down. So I just reaaaaly hope I get the course.

The local plod know I used to be a delivery driver too so I've got 1000's of miles more XP in the local area than most other than taxi drivers of course.

Think I got caught speeding last night doing about 40 in a 30. I know the roads well and never speed on it normally -_- but saw a police man with a speed gun on the side of the road in the dark

And you couldn't help yourself lol. Not trying to make light of the situation, its just the way you worded it :D

And me. I don't see the point in speeding now its a lot cheaper to drive slow everywhere than it is to floor it so I know which side I'm batting for :)

Back