My New Micra K11 1.3 SR Turbo

i knw id love to take it to fusion motorsport but am four hours away lol i'm in the north west. and i dont know how to change boost i think its currently on 5 psi

i knw id love to take it to fusion motorsport but am four hours away lol i'm in the north west. and i dont know how to change boost i think its currently on 5 psi

have you got a boost gauge on the dash waz ?
and you could ask the garage to set the ignition timing to 0 deg for now (bear in mind it,ll make it a bit laggy tho)

iirc your tub/mani is a t15 from a peugeot waz, and runs about 12psi when stock :eek: your gauge may be a bit inaccurate ?

not sure, all i want is my car running fine. just dont want it blowing up again. if i drive normally it wont mess up the engine will it?

not sure, all i want is my car running fine. just dont want it blowing up again. if i drive normally it wont mess up the engine will it?

as long as you get the timing retarded a bit and you dont rag it, then "IMO" you,ll be fine waz :grinning:

i was just thinking of taking the turbo of and selling it, seems like its too much trouble

just run it at low boost waz, even 2 or 3 psi will give good gains (n/a is a fair bit below zero psi dont forget)
but boost is very addictive tho lol :p

true it is. but i was just wondering how much u think i can get for the turbo. with the piping, dump valve and intercooler. if i can get about 300 i would sell it

what do you mean fuelling and spark, and its costing me 300 for fitting and the engine cost me 120 for a 1999 1.3 with about 70k

Sorry my garage isn't ready yet dude could have saved you alot it seems! £300 quid seems I'm not charging enough lol! Make sure you get it mapped or I'll be hearing from you soon I reckon

yes the manifold aswell, well everything that is needed to run the turbo.
and for a remap i need a diffrent ecu so its going to cost a lot thats y i think i shud just sell the turbo kit.

I think you would be a bit mad to sell the kit. How much did ed want? You can run with the actuator disconnected till you get it mapped which would be safe.

like i said before i will need a new ecu and then mapping. i just dont have the cash for that.
so if anyone wants the turbo be my guest just PM offers. and i will take pics wen car is back from garage, should be ready be tuesday.

i just have stock ecu, at least i think i do. i bought the car like this and dont know much about it. but am positive it has stock ecu

i just have stock ecu, at least i think i do. i bought the car like this and dont know much about it. but am positive it has stock ecu
the stock ECU can be mapped (with a little modification) by people. In total i think you are looking at around 400quid for mapping but you will have to ask Ed (fusion) for a better idea of price.
Meanwhile, you could get the car back on the road with the actuator disconnected and drive around fine till you have the money for a map.

P.s, did you have no idea what you were buying when you got this car??

i knew it was a turbo micra, that was partly why i bought it, but mostly got it for the look, i mean theres no other micra like it.
and is that all i tell the mechanic just disconnect the actuator and he will know what i am talking about. plus what will disconnecting the actuator do.

yes, ask him to disconnect the turbo actuator (or you could do it yourself in 2 mins).
the actuator opens a valve which lets exhaust gas bypass the turbo, which means that the gas isnt making the turbo spin which stops it compressing the air into your engine.
If you are going to keep the turbo, i do advise that you read up a bit on how it works:) will help you in the future (Y)
Also, 300quid for fitting the engine sounds like alot of money to me! I would do it for half that:D you done any shopping about?

they guy said he charging me that much because he has to connect the turbo aswell. but i could'nt take it to the garage i normally use becasue no one knows i blew the engine i gotta keep it on the DL lolz, and thanks for all the advice. i will disconnect the actuator until i can get it remapped. but wont i still need like forged pistons, better head gasket and all that stuff to keep it from blowing aswell.

Tbh I only said no because I couldn't be bothered to go into detail as to why you don't need to go down the route of forged pistons and thicker head gaskets and all that ########, but seeing as youve asked.... unless you plan on running silly power (which tbh I doubt you will) you'll only be wasting your money as the stock internals are good for at least if not slightly more than 150whp (insert correction) sorry if I come across as a ####

you will be fine with stock internals, your clutch will give up way before.
Please do some research on here, there is so much information on micra turbos...
Good luck with it mate!

phew thought we were losing him man!!

save your pennys like me, im in exactly the same situation needing the mapping, as is noddie, and a few others, do what people are suggesting, they are very knowledgable and want whats best

what was it like to drive before the engine went?

gtsnissanb
you could set up the low boost system for him till he gets the remap??

I could do but if he's running 5 psi then that should be within a reasonable safety level anyway! I ran my integra on 7-9psi safely. But I do doubt it's correct the problem must be that the turbo has no boost control solenoid so it's probably running unlimited boost
What boost control you got other than the wastegate??
I'd definatly turn the turbo off disconnect the actuator will force the turbo to dump all the charge saving your engine from death again! It is one rod clipped onto the actuator looks like a sort of frying pan with a lid on it stuck to the side of the turbo if you didn't know what one was(Y)

phew thought we were losing him man!!

save your pennys like me, im in exactly the same situation needing the mapping, as is noddie, and a few others, do what people are suggesting, they are very knowledgable and want whats best

what was it like to drive before the engine went?

before the engine went, it was unlike any other micra, 2nd gear foot down and would pull you back and fly to 60, then change to third and the same. i made the mistake of ragging it too much.

and i will disconnect the actuator and get a remap, with the remap i will also get the boost sorted out.

before the engine went, it was unlike any other micra, 2nd gear foot down and would pull you back and fly to 60, then change to third and the same. i made the mistake of ragging it too much.

and i will disconnect the actuator and get a remap, with the remap i will also get the boost sorted out.
You'll need a boost controller to sort the boost mate

remember its the wastegate actuator rod that you disconnect from the wastegate arm so the loose wastegate simply dumps most of the pressure out into the pipe, and NOT the actuator vacuum line which would otherwise result in uncontrolled boost and catastrophic failure

how much slower will it be

i dunno waz, it depends on the downpipe design, but the t15 port is pretty tiny, if you have no cats then probably no slower tbh
it just seems a shame not to get it setup to run at 3 or 4 psi while its all fully functional fwn

remember its the wastegate actuator rod that you disconnect from the wastegate arm so the loose wastegate simply dumps most of the pressure out into the pipe, and NOT the actuator vacuum line which would otherwise result in uncontrolled boost and catastrophic failure

Whoops what a ### I am after just talking about unlimited boost, edited my post
Dunno why I said pipe! I should have read my post back

nah, fit a softer spring in the actuator, run @ 5 deg btdc spark, and have some 1/4 bar fun waz (Y)

But don't buy off eBay I tried a 9psi spring and ended up runing 19psi
I still prefer the in car controllability of a boost controller I love my profec b! But each to their own

Back