• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My new K11!

Nah sadly haven't had much time to do much with the car lately. Most I've done is cover the parcel shelf in the same marvel material as the doors, my spoiler got snapped off so have reattached that too. Swapped back to my steelies as they have decent tyres still and my set on the alloys are verging on dangerous.

Plans for the car are all long term really. Waiting on nod to start manufacturing his front strut braces again so I can get one of those, possibly get my wheels refurbed and some fresh rubber, and as always keeping my eye out for the elusive sr/super s spoiler!

Otherwise I'm out of ideas to be honest. I would love to swap out the front two seat for some semi buckets from something that fits nicely(seen someone on here fitted Hyundai coupe seats?) Would need some nodded rails though and that's beyond my expertise!

Any suggestions are always welcome :)

Been a long time since I've done anything to Lara, mainly cause I'm humming and hawing about changing her in the summer so don't want to be putting much money into it....

But! Boredom also kicked in and I've been tired of being on steels for so long so decided I'd give my alloys a DIY restoration!

Never done anything like this before so not expecting amazing results but can't be any worse than what they started as.
uploadfromtaptalk1428149655640.jpg

So I've spent the best part of a day getting the first wheel sanded, wire brushed to get rid of as much flaky paint as possible and now have 3 coats of primer on
uploadfromtaptalk1428149775103.jpg

Still not sure what colour I'm going for though, any suggestions?

Car looks great man, on the lookout for some similar wheels for mine and getting the headlight surrounds sprayed at the weekend hopefully.

You should get the bump strips off, takes a while but it makes a big difference to the look of the car!

So ive made a start on the rear spoiler, to say its been a pain so far is an understatement... A few months back my standard boot spoiler broke off cause i had a bike rack pulling down on it and I glued it back on so well it didnt wanna come off! Ended up taking a hammer and chisel to it out of frustration... one or two small dents in my boot lid as a result but nothing that wont be hidden by the new spoiler once permanently fixed in place.
B4HATFS.jpg

T98ErU7.jpg

lLI6nD6.jpg

Thats just sat in place but im liking it :D its gonna be wrapped matt black hopefully have it sorted over the weekend.

Also fitted the new centre caps to the wheels which make a big difference :)

gtHrv7O.jpg

Got my wrap around spoiler fitted today. Cant say im 100% happy with how the wrapping went, akward and there are a few wrinkles. Havent stuck it on properly yet incase i decide to spray it. For the bolts and double sided tape should do the trick!

ynZY9k5.jpg

Hi mate just read through your thread great project and good reading and she (the car) looks really great!
Thanks for sharing.

Cheers
Andy :)

Back