• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My new K11!

hegyhuvu.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Nope no interference. Ya do need to drill mounting holes in the dash support tho to fit it. And will need the plastics from the march too

That's a good point. I was trying to work out where it would slot in. I have cup holders in my doors, but with a 500mm Coke in there, you can't wind down the windows #firstworldproblems

So got my 1.3 exhaust cam fitted today. Didn't go as smoothly as the inlet. Tensioner slipped and tightened the chain so had to strip off the side panel and remove it, re-time the engine and reset the tensioner. Literally must have spent an hour resetting the tensioner. Just wouldn't sit as its meant to before installation. Eventually got it tho! Oh and painted my rocker cover while I had it off :) polished up the lettering pretty happy with how it all turned out even if I was up til 2am putting everything back together. Times like these you appreciate your friends help!
a8upugaq.jpg
retubaqu.jpg

Nice Build man :) keep up the good work, love reading through and seeing how far you have come so far :) hope one day mine will be at least half as good looking as yous :) keep up the good work man!! :)

Thanks appreciate the love ;) running out of ideas tho! Possibilities of a rally spec exhaust next, just gotta save a bit

Yea makes it pull better above 3000 rpm. Worth it if your confident not screwing up your timing!

Another very small update. Had a look at my splitter as I grounded it pretty hard at 90kmph last week to find only two of my original five screws were still holding it in place! So got out the bag of zip ties and secured that again! Had to take my door cards off and drill a third hole for my speakers I fitted months ago to get rid off the horrendous vibrations during heavy bass...anyone fitted soundproofing to the back of their door cards? Worth it? Also fitted my new shiney rocker cover bolts
a6ugeder.jpg

And got creative with a red bull can I had lying around...
yhypa2a3.jpg

So today I decided to do something small....been a long time since I've had money to spend on Lara so just wrapped the grilles and faded door handles black. Gotta admit I like how the grilles turned out.
esepedej.jpg
apanuzys.jpg
py4ytaty.jpg
hy4y4evy.jpg
yhy7u9yj.jpg

Installed these today
ryhury2y.jpg
didn't want to mess with the original wiring so secondary switch was needed
ugyhe8uq.jpg
that's not its final position BTW. Its bloody loud! Shall post a video soon if I can be bothered

So picked up these for a very small price
uploadfromtaptalk1408952898409.jpg
along with an amp and all wiring. Had to mount the speakers and have run the power cable through the bulkhead. Just have to wire up the audio cables and mount the amp

That peice where you've sticker bombed looks really smart have you fibre glassed it ? X
Ha its actually wrapping paper from Penney's (Primark) I got for 1.50 and just stuck on with PVA glue. Gave it a few more coats of glue to make it a bit glossy

WOW I love your car!!!! In my opinion its up there with one of the best looking micras on this page....Now im seriously contemplating whether I should sell mine and get a grey facelift lol :D:p:)

WOW I love your car!!!! In my opinion its up there with one of the best looking micras on this page....Now im seriously contemplating whether I should sell mine and get a grey facelift lol :D:p:)
Thanks appreciate the fans struggling to come up with new ideas now though!

Back