• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My 2nd K11 Blog Thingie

rlees85

Ex. Club Member
Alrite...

Some of you might recognise me by my first micra:
http://picasaweb.google.com/rlees85/1stMicra

Which is now my mums as I gave it her back... and brought myself an Almera GTi ;) which was a LOT! of fun, however after some woman wrote it off I decided to be sensible and get a less thirsty car......

Was looking around for a 1.3 or 1.4 K11, and the first half-decent one i found was this:
http://picasaweb.google.com/rlees85/2ndMicra

At the minute its a completely standard 1.4 SE, I needed to do alot of work on the bodywork (getting rusted metal chippings off the paint) and giving it some claying/polishing/etc, also had to change some filters in the engine, brakes were totally fubard on the front (Didnt notice when buying) so changed discs and pads, and even though they are cheap ones i still get whiplash when i brake now ;)

Anyways: purpose of this 'blog', I probably wont be dropping an SR20 in or turboing it (well, not yet lol!) but any mods i do (which will be alot mainly small ones) i will post on here, for others/newbies to get ideas from...

First things first, keeping my eyes open for some half decent 2nd hand alloys, as two of my tyres are worn.....

Cool! Another blog :D

Have your brakes settled in yet though? Don't want to go braking too hard and ruining them!!

this blog is an awesome idea.

i am new to all this and am looking at doing little mods for now until i get a little bit older, so i will be keeping an eye on this blog.

Cool! Another blog :D

Have your brakes settled in yet though? Don't want to go braking too hard and ruining them!!

im trying to be a little careful with them but it dont stop people pulling out infront/etc :( lol

this blog is an awesome idea.

i am new to all this and am looking at doing little mods for now until i get a little bit older, so i will be keeping an eye on this blog.

what sort of mods you looking at? bodywork(cosmetic) or engine/performance? not sure ill be doing much engine mods ne time soon as the 1.4 goes quite well standard... :p lol (i might be tempted tho)

cosmetic mostly but a little engine as i only have a 1litre.

so far it got alloys and seat covers about it, oh and GOOD audio. i also got a sr/super s wrap around spolier atm but need more lol. haven't put it on yet but fancy some super s bumpers:D but dunno wat else?? n e suggestions???

cosmetic mostly but a little engine as i only have a 1litre.

so far it got alloys and seat covers about it, oh and GOOD audio. i also got a sr/super s wrap around spolier atm but need more lol. haven't put it on yet but fancy some super s bumpers:D but dunno wat else?? n e suggestions???

i dno really best just looking around the site. Most of the cosmetic mods i do probably wouldnt work on your car becuase mines a facelift one and im guessing by the sounds of it yours is not a facelift (made before 1998)...

Go on forums, then K11 Bodywork and Cosmetics or something like that, lotsa stuff in there!

ok small update. had some spare time so tried to make it look bit less grannyfied. started by color coding the bumper inserts, changing the front grilles (from 2000-2002 to 1998-2000 ones) and getting the yellow lenses out of the headlights.

whilst i was at it i changed the headlight bulbs for those dodgy ebay "ice white/tinted blue/xenon/init!" bulbs and also changed the sidelights to some 6-led white things (thought id try it!)....

also put a k&n air panel filter in, and cut the resonator pipe to let in more air.. (have a look on my gallery page to get what i mean!)

anyway here are some pics of what i mean by bumper inserts, grilles and yellow lenses:

diff1.jpg

and...

diff2.jpg

Also tonnes more pics here: http://picasaweb.google.com/rlees85/2ndMicra

I take way to much pictures of my car ;)

edit: took rear badges off it too, so its not a micra se any more ;) looks bit tidier

very small update. got those big stupid looking grandma grey door strips off, lot of hard work, still bits of glue around the edge that i need to get off when i can be arsed but its looking alot better....

P63021278.JPG

also got new dials (with rev counter) from raceworx (cheers! :D) and chavved them up abit (by accident, those leds, beleive it or not, are meant to be "ice white".. but hey looks fine in blue).

P63021274.JPG

Just need to get me some alloys now when i get some money!

(also if pics dont work for those intrested look at the first four in: http://picasaweb.google.com/rlees85/2ndMicra)

green LEDs,looking to get some black dials with green LEDs.Just checked their website and it didnt work.Tried e-mail and the post master is coming back saying it failed :(

lol those dials were sat in my shed since ians blue micra was stripped :p glad to get rid of the bloody things lol always in the way of somthing, or on top of stuff i want to get to.

that'd explain the little scrathes on them then :p (nothing too bad that i care about though :)) but if you wanted rid of them if you put them on here they would have been gone within an hour or two i bet lol

that'd explain the little scrathes on them then :p (nothing too bad that i care about though :)) but if you wanted rid of them if you put them on here they would have been gone within an hour or two i bet lol

the little scratches will be from dust, with it beeing wiped off the plastic lense iam guessing, i was gonna put them on here but i couldnt be arsed :p

just got back all the way from sussex, got myself some nice new alloys on 195/45/15 toyo proxes...

they all brand new! look mint and light as anything too, picked one of them up at the same time as my spare steelie and the alloy was noticeably lighter... soon as i get the stupid locating rings ill put them on the car and get pics ;) cant wait lol

I see half this thread has gone missing. Oh well.......

Either way my gearbox died.... Getting a CGA3DE gearbox is not going to happen either.

I got a friend in a tuning shop who thinks he can put a C20XE engine in it. Should be a laugh, we are checking if the project is viable or not, if its not ill probably fix it with a cg13de gearbox and sell it.... if it is viable... watch this space ;)

Back