• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My 'Lil Blue' - K11 1.4

Hey all,

New to the group and the world of Micras, but I have to say I am utterly in love with the little beastie.

I have been fortunate enough to find a gorgeous 1.4L manual k11. Something that I'm lead to believe is quite rare??? It is also very very clean. It only has one tiny piece of rot which will be getting sorted on Wednesday. A few age related marks here and there but otherwise very tidy indeed.

Ive got lots planned for her but I'm going to start simple with an Almera 1.6 airbox conversion with pipercross filter, some polo 6n2 (I believe) coilovers and a scorpion jap can I've had sat in my shed for years just waiting to go on something.

In the near future I hope to find a boot lip, some wheel spacers, over arches, repaint all the grey trim, tidy up the interior with something else, possibly some different wheels and hopefully get her show worthy for next year.

Looking forward to seeing what this thing can do.

Cheers all, here is a quick pic to get you all going. ill update this page as I go and as things progress. :)

Wow it really has been kept well! Be sure to keep an eye on oil levels, the CGA3 motor has a minor history of running itself dry. Would definitely recommend you to find some 1st gen hubcaps , looks a lot better than the fake alloy look. I've got them on mine and it makes a world of difference.

Wow it really has been kept well! Be sure to keep an eye on oil levels, the CGA3 motor has a minor history of running itself dry. Would definitely recommend you to find some 1st gen hubcaps , looks a lot better than the fake alloy look. I've got them on mine and it makes a world of difference.

Cheers for the heads up........ill be ripping off the caps and just sprucing up the steelies for now tbh. Sort out my lows etc first :)

Cheers for the heads up........ill be ripping off the caps and just sprucing up the steelies for now tbh. Sort out my lows etc first :)
Lows is a definite must, my coils are somewhere in a Royal Mail facility... would highly suggest hammerite kurust to get the steels looking good, and it adds as a fresh surface to paint over if you so wish to.

Lows is a definite must, my coils are somewhere in a Royal Mail facility... would highly suggest hammerite kurust to get the steels looking good, and it adds as a fresh surface to paint over if you so wish to.

Aye, got plenty to get on with. Not sure what to do lows wise. Read like 6 diferent options......furyautoworx are too expensive, then there are pi springs , alto springs, corsa b coilovers modified, polo 6n coilovers with micra top mounts amongst other things lol.

Best bang for buck would be something like Vogtland springs, put on the stock front dampers and corsa b rear shocks but dont forget about the panhard rod! ive got some fury coils coming soon hopefully, simply for ease of installation and having everything i need in 1 package.