• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My little k11

Hi guys, I've been a lurker of this site for a few years now and have decided to sign up.
My current micra is a 2001 k11 1.0 s with 1 previous owner and 130000 miles with full service history, runs very well.
Previously owned a k11 sr and a facelift 1.0 to.

Anyway plans are minilites (picking up on 23rd)
Coilovers in the future
Currently have updated shocks and -60 springs waiting to go on
Shotgun style back box

That's it for now want to keep it simple and clean
Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    801.3 KB · Views: 583
Cheers for the welcome folks. Slight problem, today tried to open the bonnet and the release cable won't work it's pulling but won't work. Had a look from up under the number to where the bonnet release and it doesn't look like it has the release t
You lift with your finger. Any ideas how I can get the bonnet open?

Just above the wing? To try and pop the bonnet open? Nope.
I did try pulling the front of the bonnet whilst getting someone to pull the release from in the car though to no avail

Yeah will give it a shot in the morning. Any other things could maybe try? I'm wanting to sort this little problem before "stance" day haha

Managed to sort my bonnet problem out thanks to frank!
So tomorrow I've a day off work so I'm going to run the wires through for the sub and give the engine a good clean
If anyone has any or knows of any modified matiz fronts I'd be interested in buying some.
Hopefully get some more pictures tomorrow to

So yesterday I picked up my minilites and today I fitted them. Spent some time filing the stud holes for a more secure fitment. Tomorrow will be spent lowering the car and modifying the pan hard rod. The wheels will be going gloss black in time :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 469
So as promised today I lowered the micra and fitted the minilites. Looks cool. Could do with another 20mm down on the front and ill be super happy with it. All that needs done is the front need balanced :)
So many folk are staring at the car and giving thumbs up yay haha anyway pictures speak a thousand words
5ury4eny.jpg
9a3a4u9y.jpg
a5uqupe2.jpg
5e5y7y5e.jpg
a4y4utyp.jpg
munasudy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I don't know it's starting to really grow on me. They need a refurb anyway so I may well keep them this colour scheme. The colour of the car is strange it's like a greeny blue but also looks purple sometimes, also really growing on me

Today rebadged the rear stripped all the interior and gave it a good clean also lowered the front 20mm, cars sat with no rear seats at the moment and I like it. Thinking of puttin my sub in the wheel well and putting suede over the rear. Front seats are to be changed for classic black buckets, low slung no headrests. Things are really moving with this little car :)

Thanks mark, next month the will be refurbed so I think they will stay gold :)
Where I live the modding scene is all mg zrs and corsas, the amount of looks I'm getting off them and stares and thumbs up from people is I credible, there's so much love for micras! So good that this is now my 3rd modded micra and every time people still love them

So I've been on eBay tonight and I can get a sr20 primera for 400£ or a 1.6 primera for 500£ now my question is which is to go for I know the work involved for the sr20

That's pretty sweet in the yellow cheers man, I'm definitely thinking of changing the colour of them :) yeah wheels are 13x7 et-7 tires are 175/50/13 give a nice stretch :)

Tbh I'm thinking a fresh bit of gold paint will be stunning and a repolish of the wheel will just be gorgous. Going to drop the car another inch in the next few days as well :)

yeah wheels are 13x7 et-7 tires are 175/50/13 give a nice stretch :)

Same size tyres as mine, just 15" instead but I think I may need a bit more stretch on them soon..
Are your arches rolled at all or standard? Other micras i've seen with et-7's seem to stick out quite far but yours look really good!

I've got m10 bolts in the top bolt on the struts for slight camber. My rear arches are rolled but they've gave no flare I've about 30mm of poke on the rear but the tyres are perfect under the arch :) the fitment is spot on tbh

zevuse4y.jpg

Looking for some corsa coilovers or a matiz set up which have already got the pitch dropped. Ohh and Frank do you still make panhard rod bushes??

So I'm looking at a 1.3 engine for the car. Now with my car being coil pack do I have to buy a coil pack engine? Can I just do the usual 1.0-1.3 swap with a non coil pack engine and just swap my camshaft cover over for the cool packs to fit to? And other problems I'd be looking at? I'm going to use my gear box

Sweet :) would a 1.3 or 1.4 coil pack engine just be plug and play. I've done a 1.0-1.3 on a non coil pack before just don't wanna waste my money haha. You still make panhard rod bushes dude

if you get another coilpack engine its just as simple as remove, swap parts over if needed drop it back in and wire back up simples :) lol ,

Thought as much, but cga engines are rather expensive and I was looking for a way with a cg invade I can't get a cga3

Sweet :) would a 1.3 or 1.4 coil pack engine just be plug and play. I've done a 1.0-1.3 on a non coil pack before just don't wanna waste my money haha. You still make panhard rod bushes dude

1.4 is easier if you can find one dave :) and fraid not

as frank says if you get a dizzy cg13 you can fit the cyl head from your coilpack engine to the 1.3 using the 1.3 cams and shims from the 1.3 head

Ideally I'd look for a 1.4, just cause I've not had a 1.4 micra ha, put the breathing mods on it when I buy them. Does the 1.4 mate to the 1.0 box?

Back