• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My little k11

With regards to the actuator the turbo is a t2 size so any actuator from that size turbo would be ok to use?
you will probably have to clock (twist) the housing dave, so the garrett bracket wont fit anyway, just get a universal actuator (half a bar ish) :)

Thanks frank :) I'm not looking for a lot if boost at first as it's only going on my 1 litre with ga16 injectors at first. Then the plan is to fit a cga engine and then have so e real fun. Anyone know what sort of gains I can expect on my 1 litre. I'll be using nistune etc.

you should be able to double the hp no probs eh dave :) a 7psi actuator and simple ball bearing manual boost controller to adjust it up a bit

@frank do you go check for the shot gun effect on the cam breather when you have pushed the car... Surprised every time that the ringlands are alive.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

@frank do you go check for the shot gun effect on the cam breather when you have pushed the car... Surprised every time that the ringlands are alive.

you mean the spatter from the breather chris ?
mine,s had a little plastic bag on the end of the cam cover breather pipe for the last few months, and its only caught a smidgen of oil spray eh :)
catchtanks my butt :p

PA180082.JPG
PA180083.JPG

@frank yeah its very odd getting nothing. So used to it pissing oil everywhere. Haha. This mapping malarky is quite cool.

And frank... More of that oil will be draining back down the pipe... False test results frank... Tut tut

It's good to know yours has been reliable for over a year. I need my car everyday. It will be turbod mapped etc in a space of 2 weeks once I have all the parts needed. It's going to be like a military operation haha. For the price if nistune and mapping etc I really don't see why someone would go without it for reliability :) I can't wait for my BOOST HA

Its worth it mate. Since a day before jae .. I have pushed the car a lot in some scenarios. High speed runs for extended times, with allowing some cooling runs. Sprint runs and what not. I would of blown a couple engines up in this time. Nistune is the way to go mate

Fantastic :) I just want it to be reliable, don't want to worry to much about the engine going bang, and at the same time surprising 'Better cars' ;) ha

Update: corsa coilovers are on now and rear shocks. By far one of the easiest mods. Rebored the top mount holes and used a m10 and m12 bolts on the bottom mounts. Ride is so much improved after being on cut spring for months, almost stock like. I've had the fk coilovers before on my old focus and I can't fault them!

On a depressing note I'm on the stock steelies as my 2 front tyres on the mini wheels are bald for a couple of weeks. Going to take the opportunity to do the wheels white :)

Anyone know what sort if gains are to be expected from a frank speed mani, knocked out cat and a panel filter or a almera box on a cool pack 1l??? I know it will be minimal but is around 10bhp optimistic?

Any views or feedback is awsome

Ahh right I may just go to the scrappy ;) ha I may need a new cat anyway so may just give the scrappy £30 for one and have the bolt and decat it ha

So finished refurbing my wheels today and knocked a spare cat through. I'm off work next week so all will be fitted and coilovers will be adjusted. Also if anyone has a facelift passenger side wing I'd happily take it from you ;)

udeqeze7.jpg

In the picture it looks as if I have front arch gap which I don't I actually have slight tuck thanks to the camber on the front :) sort of a better pic anyway. Will be doing a little shoot tomorrow

Back