• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My little k11

Pfft, I'm the one telling everyone the need more lows.
I'm stock ride height too. Haha.

'Sent from my bed using paper planes'

e3u6use9.jpg

Side on view. Haven't had a chance to get any pics. Thought I would when I got to the missus house but the cars thirty after the 30mile drive :/ sad times

Yeah my rears are rolled flat :) it slightly catches if there's 2 people in the car on big bumps but my rear tyres have very little stretch fronts are 165 and rears are 175

Considering breaking / scrapping my car :/ I feel it's time to move on and due to doing around 400-500 miles a week I'm going to be needing a diesel or something that is more comfortable in the motorway :(

60+ mpg is nothing to be snuffed at
No, but when you take into account the premium you pay for diesel models, the extra tyre wear that comes from a heavier car, the more expensive fuel, the depressing power delivery, the dreadful noise, the smell of diesel on your hands... I'd rather take the bus thanks.

No, but when you take into account the premium you pay for diesel models, the extra tyre wear that comes from a heavier car, the more expensive fuel, the depressing power delivery, the dreadful noise, the smell of diesel on your hands... I'd rather take the bus thanks.

I'd never buy a car new.

I like dervs :)

I wouldn't be buying new. Modern diesels are a lot more like a petrol now anyway. I had a 2011 corsa 1.7 CDti and that made most of it's power from about 2000rpm and kept the power right the way to redline. I'm thinking of a diesel as I'm doing around 25k a year and it's mainly all motorways. My 53 plate golf gt tdi used to average 200 miles to £20! Now I know my micra gets no where near that. Also doing such miles on such roads I'd like to feel like if the unexpected happens I'll walk away from a crash, and have a little more relaxing drive everyday. I'm in no way slating my micra, it will literally break me to sell it but it's my 4th micra now and I could really do with something more suitable for my needs. :)

60+ mpg is nothing to be snuffed at
...or £30 road fund licence (tax) :D

Edit: I still save over £100 a year on tax, and another £100 or so on fuel compared to my old K11, and I don't even do the ridiculous miles I'd supposedly need to do to notice any saving ^_^
My insurance was only about £40 A year more...the first year. Then it evened out. (8 years no claims)

Soo my little car has broke down tonight. It's repeatedly over heating today and on the 6 mile drive home I heard a pop and the engine will only tick over and has lost all it's coolant with no visible leaks. I'm thinking it's head gasket

Mayo under the oil cap? X
I haven't had a chance to look :/ the cars left at a petrol station about 3 mile from home and it was midnight when I finished work, I just wanted to get home haha.

There's a big possibility I'd break the car and sell all the part from it

Do the head gasket. Your only looking at 120 notes all in if that. Providing it is just the gasket. That price would include a skim and all done in a day + skim time.

So I've got the car home today it had used all the coolant and very little oil left in it. Topped both up but it's running rough as hell. My heaters no longer work at all and they stink like burnt chemical. Any ideas oh and it has no visible leaks at all and no power

So I've got the car home today it had used all the coolant and very little oil left in it. Topped both up but it's running rough as hell. My heaters no longer work at all and they stink like burnt chemical. Any ideas oh and it has no visible leaks at all and no power
running on 3 dave ?

It keeps not wanting to rev through all gears, taking a good while to start and when it does it sounds like a little boxer engine :/ idling is so up and down you'd think I was ragging it on a country road tbh.

It keeps not wanting to rev through all gears, taking a good while to start and when it does it sounds like a little boxer engine :/ idling is so up and down you'd think I was ragging it on a country road tbh.
not exactly running on 4 then :) has it drunk any more coolant ? steam out the tailpipe ?

Car is now to be broken, i used it yesterday for a 60 mile round trip and it ran ok until the immobiliser has stayed on, so rather than fix it everything will need to go. A for sale thread will appear soon. Pm me for details

So yesterday I picked up my minilites and today I fitted them. Spent some time filing the stud holes for a more secure fitment. Tomorrow will be spent lowering the car and modifying the pan hard rod. The wheels will be going gloss black in time :)
Your micras so lush! What sized tyres you got on? :) going y
To look at a set of minilites tonight but wanted to know if tyres were pricey or not:p

Your micras so lush! What sized tyres you got on? :) going y
To look at a set of minilites tonight but wanted to know if tyres were pricey or not:p

Tyres are around £40 new.
And thanks although my car is now scrapped :( I'm selling my minilites with 2 good tyres. Pm me if your interested

Back