• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My K11

I
56833905-0157-2e54.jpg

Spray job so far.

Don't worry, mine does it as well. They tend to flex a bit. Just make sure you've done the bolts up as tight as you can

Just ordered some carbon fibre wrap well not the real stuff but the 3M-NIDOC stuff for the spoiler ;)
It was only £5.99 for 1.5m X 30cm

Bought an oil breather filter (pipercross) yesterday :) didn't seem to make much difference though?
Also boot release came today (thanks will)
Let you know how fitting it goes :)

Fitted the boot release kit! Wasn't the easiest of jobs but it works!

First I fitted the actuator in the boot and ran the wire to the front
Drilled a hole for the button
56990a49-2d28-0aec.jpg

The fitted the button

56990a49-2d83-3b01.jpg

Works a treat :)

I don't think my car had done to badly to be honest. Just came up against a golf 1.6 at the traffic lights and we had a little drag race down the dual carriage way. We were pretty matched up until about 60 when he pulled away :( but that's pretty good for a 1.0 :)

I don't think my car had done to badly to be honest. Just came up against a golf 1.6 at the traffic lights and we had a little drag race down the dual carriage way. We were pretty matched up until about 60 when he pulled away :( but that's pretty good for a 1.0 :)

Tut tut, shouldn't be drag racing fwn. I can't really talk though, I had a 1.2 Corsa, 1.2 Fiesta, a C2, and 106 yesterday :laugh:. People don't realise just how rapid the 1.0l are, especially with the right engine mods

When you fitted your engine breather filter could you start to hear more of a whining noise?

Kind of, I wouldn't really call it a whining noise though. You know the sound if you unclip the top off your airbox, take out the filter, and drive it like that? You can hear the sound of the throttle body drawing air into the engine. When you fit an induction kit/performance air filter, this noise is louder when you accelerate

Ah right, so they're just wired onto the side lights, so when they're turned on, the LED lights come on as well? I could do that in 5 minutes :grinning:. Not sure where I'd fit them though, since my lower grill is open mouthed :doh:. I can use cable splitters though, got loads in my garage (Y)

I was thinking I might mount them at the top yeah, on either side of the numberplate surround. I'd make up some brackets for them though, just to be safe

Nah, HID kit (Y). My blue bulbs are fairly bright, as well as my blue side light bulbs. I think I'll be blinding road users :laugh:

I can't remember off the top of my head. Sidelights are those really tiny ######s with 2 tiny pins sticking out of them, the main beams have 3 metal lips on them that hold them into the bracket, think they've got 3 pins for the connector? Been a while since I changed them

Not sure if prefacelifts have same bulb fittin but I belive theyr h4 bulbs, I have h4s extreme whites xenons, 60/55w and theyr extremely bright with a slight blue tint aswell, and 501 fitment led sidelights

Back