• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My first project, k11 S 1.0

hi everyone, im new to this forum so you will have to bare with me until i get used to it.
this will be the first project i have ever done and it will be on my nissan micra S k11 1.0.

i hope people can also help me with a few ideas and help with technical things as i would really appreciate it.

glad to be apart of this cool community

thank you, much love, good night

alex

humm ill be first to say get some pics up!!

deck it and get some alloys

always the first step! check out my project! my micra dot rising to the top!

good luck mate

already seen it mate. its looking pretty good. looks like you know what your doing.

need some help with the pictures mate. aint got a clue how to put them up

Go onto photobucket, make an account. Upload the pictures to there. Then copy and paste the IMG code for the pictures onto here.

Job done!

already seen it mate. its looking pretty good. looks like you know what your doing.

need some help with the pictures mate. aint got a clue how to put them up

Welcome, you need to set up an account with photobucket and then you can link them from there mate

What are your plans for the car

gonna need some help already. how do i put pictures up

so far i have painted some of the dash white and stuck in a air filter.
just looking to get some white alloys and lower it. also need brighter LEDS for the speedo cluster, new seat covers (white and black), i proper induction kit with forced cold air intake plus any other ideas you guys give me

so far i have painted some of the dash white and stuck in a air filter.
just looking to get some white alloys and lower it. also need brighter LEDS for the speedo cluster, new seat covers (white and black), i proper induction kit with forced cold air intake plus any other ideas you guys give me

What engine do you have and also what colour is your car mate. Whenever i get a car the first thing i do is a full service, then i usually slam it on the deck and go from there. So i would say get it lowered and worked around that, that alone can transform a car

What engine do you have and also what colour is your car mate. Whenever i get a car the first thing i do is a full service, then i usually slam it on the deck and go from there. So i would say get it lowered and worked around that, that alone can transform a car

its a black 1.0. is 35mm the usual for lowering

That looks pretty tidy. I have not owned a micra as of yet (looking at getting one) so i cant tell you the norm, all cars differ with drops, on my corsa i dropped 90mm and on my metro i dropped roughly the same 90-100mm

hehe well good luck loom around all the other blogs and get some ideas from them plenty about and check out ebbdudes micro micra project if you planning on doing engine work

That looks pretty tidy. I have not owned a micra as of yet (looking at getting one) so i cant tell you the norm, all cars differ with drops, on my corsa i dropped 90mm and on my metro i dropped roughly the same 90-100mm

i always hated micras, never thought i would get one in my life but my corsa was broken into and was a write off so i got this micra cos i needed a car quick and i just fell in love with it. im always gonna buy micras from now on. such a under rated car. get a micra. you wont regret it

i always hated micras, never thought i would get one in my life but my corsa was broken into and was a write off so i got this micra cos i needed a car quick and i just fell in love with it. im always gonna buy micras from now on. such a under rated car. get a micra. you wont regret it

Sorry to hear about the corsa mate, the only issue i got with the micra is about space, what are they like inside for space, i think they are very cute cars and can look stunning when the right things are done its just the space im concerned, dont want to be crammed haa

Sorry to hear about the corsa mate, the only issue i got with the micra is about space, what are they like inside for space, i think they are very cute cars and can look stunning when the right things are done its just the space im concerned, dont want to be crammed haa

well im 6ft2 and got loads of space. i can fit 3 adults and 2 kids in it no problem and it still moves like a gazelle. not alot of boot space left when you stick sub in though

well im 6ft2 and got loads of space. i can fit 3 adults and 2 kids in it no problem and it still moves like a gazelle. not alot of boot space left when you stick sub in though

That is quite assuring then mate as i have 2 kids but at most it would be 2 kids and 2 adults, plus in 6 ft so just under your height too, you just put a smile on my face haa

If you want to keep that air filter then that is the best you can do. The only problem with them is heat soak from the bay. Best equation would be standard air box, make it free flowing if it has restrictors etc and then get a cold feed to the air box, that way the air is a lot cooler. As it is now your having about 50% of each warm and cold. Better than all warm though mate

:grinning:

is it worth relocating the air filter with some tubing or is the bucket thing a good idea (obviously not an actual bucket) lol. or a bit of both ideas

i used to have this setup

PICT0010.jpg

I found that after a bit of driving the cone filter did suck in hot air and reduce power.
So Im decided to wack a K&N in the almera airbox and bring the cold air feed to the front.

PICT0012-3.jpg

PICT0011-5.jpg

Now the K&N stays ice cold.

i used to have this setup

PICT0010.jpg

I found that after a bit of driving the cone filter did suck in hot air and reduce power.
So Im decided to wack a K&N in the almera airbox and bring the cold air feed to the front.

PICT0012-3.jpg

PICT0011-5.jpg

Now the K&N stays ice cold.

humm very interesting, with your old set up where does the small hose on the side go to?

That last picture is what i explained, that would be my ideal route for cold air, getting maximum performance from that modification

humm very interesting, with your old set up where does the small hose on the side go to?

When you remove the original air-box there is a vacuum hose - it just goes into there. (it was for visual affect really)

That last picture is what i explained, that would be my ideal route for cold air, getting maximum performance from that modification

yeah you wouldn't believe how cold the filter stays! Also if it rains I just pull the intake out the side of the box to stop any water getting in.

is that a flat panel k&n air filter. also does it still make a
nice noise

if you want noise take of the original cold air intake (black plastic pipes) and you get a lovely induction roar. If you want it mega loud get an almera airbox (pictures below)

PICT0014-1.jpg

PICT0013-1.jpg

PICT0012-2.jpg

PICT0015-2.jpg

well elliot i put it onto the oil breather on the rocker cover! then there was a small pipe which i stuck in the side not sure what it does lol

That is one hell of a difference in the air box intake, suprised me. How many vacuum pipes are around the air intake, throttle body etc and where they from and too

i take it that the almera box will be a direct fit. looks like i will be going down the scrappy at the weekend to get me one of those.

That is one hell of a difference in the air box intake, suprised me. How many vacuum pipes are around the air intake, throttle body etc and where they from and too

I noticed a small gain when I fitted it. Two pipes come of the air-box when you take it off, there both nothing important, people just leave them floating freely in their engine bay, they don't present any problems.

well elliot i put it onto the oil breather on the rocker cover! then there was a small pipe which i stuck in the side not sure what it does lol

yeah most people do that but i think it looks awful cause it kinks. The really little one is nothing important, its just floating in my engine bay been like that for like 4 years, so don't worry about that one.

if it did make a difference they were to small to notice but it wouldnt hurt to do both eh. This is what happened to my red leads.

DSC04158.jpg

DSC04159.jpg

Back