I am at the very start of my first project...

CMF_oopart

» CMF Member
Hello all, I hope you might be able to give me some ideas on where to look for appropriate components, and perhaps recommend some well known solutions which I find myself searching for;

I have recently obtained a 1.0 s k11 facelift model, which replaced my 1.0 k10...wasnt really interested in modding my k10 due to it being somewhat of a state to begin with and there didnt really seem to be any point. I am keen to mod my new one though, and wouldnt mind a little help with where to source the parts - I shall list the mods I want to make and if any of you might be able to help, or have done similar things then please post a reply, or point me to the correct thread (if this has been discussed already...).

The changes I would like to make are;

- Wheels; I want to widen the stance and give it a bit of stretch on the tyres.

- Engine; I know its a small lump, but there has to be something I can do to produce a little more power, I was looking for a turbo kit first off, although if there is more I can do then please let me know!

These two are the first things I would like to do, although I understand I might have to fit better brakes if im producing more power...

I will keep it relatively short as this is my first post, dont want to give you chaps too much to read, im sure you are just as busy as I am!

Many thanks for any help I receive, I very much appreciate any help on this (most of my mates are big into their Audis and while they can help with some stuff, they dont really know about Micras)

Dunc

-

CMF_oopart

» CMF Member
I forgot to mention that i want to slam it down to the ground too, although this will be after the engine mod - my buddies b7 Audi A4 is on air ride, probably a bit too much for a micra but it looks sick so i want it at least as low as possible...cheers!

CMF_Greo

» CMF Member
Air flow through the engine helps a lot,that is intake/filters and exhaust/extractors.

Change all the fluids (brake, engine oil, gearbox oil, coolant, power steer fluid)in the car can help boost the performance and overall running of the car.

Take out anything lying around in the boot or on the back seat of the car that isn't needed all the time(every kilo counts).

Engine response can be boosted by machining the flywheel weight down or buying an after market one.

Basically USE the SEARCH FUNCTION on the homepage of this site or try to find build threads on here or anything in the performance section.\

Read these too for ideas:
http://www.micra.com.au/technical-articles/
if your unsure on something try searching the topic :)

There is sooooo much useful stuff tucked away in the depths of this site just search for what you want to improve i.e. engine or cold air induction.

Back