Mr Grassies CG13 Turbo

Titch

Micra K11ng
Alright.

Taken these pics from the Road Racer site, sure the Mr Grassie won't mind me putting them up. Looks like a tidy conversion!

IMG_0044%20(web).jpg

IMG_0045%20(web).jpg

IMG_0046%20(web).jpg

Titch :kungfu:

Doesn't look too hard, have you considered putting the battery in the boot?
This is not intercoolered?

Thank you very much gentlemen.

the conversion, dispite how easy it looks, it a rather difficult peice of work.

I just make it look easy, lol.

no seriously, took me bloody ages to get it right, and its about to get a whole lot more 'right' over the winter.

RIK said:
why is the engine bay a different colour to the bodywork?

The body is metalic dark red, and the coulour you see under the bonnet is the base/undercoat.

My dad has a 'tree frog green' twister and its the same.

Dr Zoidberg said:
looks very tidy :) how hard was it to mod the standard manifold to fit to the turbo? would love something like this :)

dead easy as long as you can arc weld (mig/tig cant handle this).

I cut mine just under the threaded bit that holds on the heat sheild and welded on a stainless steel plate to bolt the turbo to. you have to use proper stainless rods, or it will crack.

You also need a gasket for between the turbo and the manifold, bet one i found was by going to my local scrap metal dealer, and cutting a square out of an old copper boiler. i made a template of the shape from the turbo, and cut it out. bingo, mega cheap, working copper gasket.

I got my stainless off ebay.

oh, turbo size is really improtant too, go too small and it will feel like an turbo diesel, go to big, and the lag will spoil all your fun.

I went for a T2 from a renault 5. perfect size, will give you up to 17psi, and really easy to plumb in.

cool, cheers mate. copper will easy enought to get hold of on my part.

did you have any luck with finding a hks manifold. when i emailed sumopower they said:

"Sorry but this is not available via HKS Europe.
We do not believe the kit is available in Japan either."

they basically said it doesn't exist, dunno why they said that lol

mr.grassie said:
oh, turbo size is really improtant too, go too small and it will feel like an turbo diesel, go to big, and the lag will spoil all your fun.

yeah was thinking T2 would best with intercooler, if i did this i would only be running about 6-7psi, for 120ish bhp.

:)

If I remember correctly lowrider said the cube manifolds were extremely hard to get hold of thru hks. I think he came across his by chance.... Im not sure who has it now.

Oh right, thats pritty strange..
Did you give them the engine code, cg13?
If so - then i cant help you, i know they used to sell them for sure.. *confused*

i know, yeah gave they code and everthing,

only way i see it is if they have non stocked, so they'd have to make some and it's not worth making one in thier profit books. ?? maybe.

cheers anyway.

So for the turbo conversion you are using the standard manifold or have you modified an uprated manifold?

I'd like to try and get quite a bit of info from you if you don't mind, as I'm looking at doing a Turbo conversion on my 1.0L

Back