Dilema ..... turbo

Antony

Ex. Club Member
right then guys, heres your chance to make a decision for me...

should i

A:
turbo charge my car, i have HKS manifold, T2 and T25 turbo's (both a bit nakered to be honest), E-manage ECU, Intercooler (off Davey-c's car), and thats about it at the minute, appart from brakes and stuff...

B:
go naturaly aspirated for a while with a janspeed manifold, then Supercharge it with a "custom" charger , keeping the manifold on.....

C:
just go balls out N/A with Lower CR, Ported head, Light weight flywheel, ETC...

your input is appreciated..... and i dont want this to be a slagginf match for na vs turbo vs supercharged either....

and pics will follow shortly after i have cleaned her up a bit..... cos no one has seen this car since ive been modifying it...... lol its sporting black 5 spoke wheels that will make you sex wee, Full Nismo "R-tune" graphics, its getting lowered as soon as 59bhp takes the shocks and springs off his car, its been de-sripped, boot handle is colour coded, grill is open mouth, and the good old Raceworx " i put a black strip of vynl in the bottom right hand corner of my bonnet" thig is going on too...lol

im in the middle of putting the Pulsar stuff on, (again when 59bhp takes em off) so it is looking quite the "jap street racer" at the minute, but will only get better...:grinning:

Turbo every time, ONLY if you are able to do it properly. BTW if you went all out NA you would raise compression not lower it.

oops.... thats what i meant..lol

well your doing it (well mapping it anyway) so i suspect so..lol im using mostly parts that have come off previously turbo's micras...... but the most challenging bit is gonna be getting a working turbo cos at the mo i have a T2 and a T25 that are no good and they cost me a total of £195....... so i might flog em on ebay or use the T25 with a re-build kit.... not sure yet..... im gonna wait till about september time before i buy more stuff, (got a holliday to pay for) but i allways like to plan ahead. and with me having so many turbo parts allready available to me...... i may go turbo'd.....

even if its nothing but 5psi for shizz and giggles..... litteraly Ptshizzzz

thanks ED

wat pulsar stuff you putting on mate ?

i actually like that vinal corner ... whats that all about ?

think il do mine , lol

if i did everything again i would turbo over supercharger as theres more potential to go a few stages up later on if you want, also turbo power being dumped all at once is more fun that constant power.

Turbo definately. After being in Stephen - now Kristians - turbo K11 I definately want one, just puts a smile to your face everytime and proves it can be done on a budget too.

i say turbo .... although im biest and i agree with sunny turbo over supercharger ... more fun to feel the boost come on then it being there always, if its there all the time it feels like an NA... jus boosted if u get wat i mean ?

so i say turbo :D

stephen

Definitly turbo mate, that manifold isnt the easiest thing to come across so your most of the way there already! :)

well i think i have hit the 3 grand mark on getting everyhting for my turbo setup!

1. t2 turbo conversion 600 quid

2. ecu and harnesses- 268 quid

3. turbo clutch- 275 quid

4. cg13 cams and pistons

5. ga16 injectors

6. cg13 throttle body

7. twin core radiator

8. new oe fuel pump (just be on the safe side)

9. quote of 2 weeks labour and mapping for 1,000 at www.enginetuner.co.uk

thats what i need, a new turbo.... and thatle do.... oil lines.... a hole in me sump and away we go..lol

raceworx you cheeky sod.. dya know how many months i waited for this.... and how much i payed for it?

i payed an awefull lot more than a janspeed matey..lol and its going rusty... GRR.... im gonna need to get it chrome plated..lol

i think you paid bout £350 didnt you?? comeone its a good janspeed ill even fit it for ya :D ill even throiw in a free tin of primer! for any bodywork needs that may result in me fitting it :D im going to put some pics up later that will be of intrest to anyone going turbo anyway..

i think you paid bout £350 didnt you?? comeone its a good janspeed ill even fit it for ya :D ill even throiw in a free tin of primer! for any bodywork needs that may result in me fitting it :D im going to put some pics up later that will be of intrest to anyone going turbo anyway..

yeah i did.... and it nearly crippled me..lol :laugh: :laugh:

what have you done now?........ "custom"???? o_O o_O o_O

the torque from a turbo will make the micra with the right suspension a mean machine

n/a is all screaming, turbo is where the true power is at

turbo all the way imo

auto block... nice. i wont be going that silly..... i wont even have the engine out ..lol

thanks

and yeah the "oh ShiZZZ, thats quick" is what im after, even if its not relatively fast it will still be "nothing......nothing......BOOST!!!!!"

Back