CG13 questions

Hi, I'm Tod and I'm new to this forum!
I've been reading up a few good tuning and maintenance threads, but the time has come to ask my own questions.
I'm currently fitting a CG13 engine into my Mini and I have a few queries:
tlM73fe.jpg

Firstly - Oil leaks: Seems like there are two of them - one from the rocker cover gasket:
NOBKnKC.jpg

And the second one seems to be coming from behind the crankshaft pulley:
NTuRZZL.jpg

Are these common places for them to fail? Where can I grab a crankshaft seal for this side?

Secondly - Has anyone fitted an inline fuel pump? If so, what spec should I be looking for and are there particular brands I should go for/avoid?

I'm sure I'll be back at some point with more questions as the project progresses :)
Thanks for your time!

As you've got the engine out and everything is accessible I'd replace both front and rear crank seals along with the cam cover gasket. Ive only ever used Nissan originals. Ive found that sometimes they're cheaper than aftermarket ones.

In case anyone is struggling with a similar leak here are the seals I got which fit perfectly:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/311325516408?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371290545509?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I'm currently in the process of finalising the frame side engine mounts and should have the engine in the car by the end of the weekend.
Could you maybe post up a few pics of what you mean, Lawrence? That'd be very helpful. Also does that not spin the alternator the wrong way round? I assumed that'd make it not work correctly.

I'll post one when I get some time bud. If I was you measure your frame and make sure you have space to get the engine out the bay but leaving the gearbox in! And make sure you can get through crank pully off with the engine mounted or that will bite you in the are when you need to. Plus you can trim a bit off the back of the water pump to give you some more engine room but you may know that already

Back