• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Mildred the Micra

Wee update :)

Had a few issues of Mildred losing bodily fluid :S

Both coolant and oil soo out came the cooling system... Tackle that first, turns out the thermostat housing where the coolant pipe connects was lovely and Rusty...
1399921911829.jpg

Yaaaaay! -.- cleaned it up looks alot better now.
She also had a big old blockage in her heater matrix return pipe cleared that through along with the rest of the system... I'll wait and see how that goes :)
Drained the old oil out and gave her a nice service... Whilst removing and checking the water pump found the cause of the oil leak! Timing chain cover nuts still had a turn on two left to go soo nipped them up. fingers crossed ehh! Hopefully been a good use of time :) x

Hmmm incontinance problems ..... again.....
big puddle again in the passenger foot well... and Im guessing I cant leave it and try tell passengers its a luxury foot spa :S
Resealed all the perished rings under the scuttle and re sealed the bottom of the windscreen last time!
Will see if I can see any other way of leaking x

I've seen similar issues on hundreds of different cars and in 99% of them, it comes down to the same problem...

...it's where goblins wee.

Sent from the Magpie's magical nest using Tapatalk

I've seen similar issues on hundreds of different cars and in 99% of them, it comes down to the same problem...

...it's where goblins wee.

Sent from the Magpie's magical nest using Tapatalk

Hmmm so maybe the tena lady will sort this :) I'll test it and get back to you all :) x

Had a very interesting drive to pick up new seats :) took my friend.... wernt sure how I was going to get the interior in.... let alone my 6ft2/3 friend in.... he could barely get in the passenger seat :L nearly had to take the glove box out so he could get his legs in :L so after a very hilarious road trip down and an even funnier trip back I now have some nice new seats :)
1402857634489.jpg

Happy days :) x

Postman arrived :)
1405263933154.jpg

Yaaaaaay! Thankyou Ed :)
Not related but.....
when I think it cant get better
Baby oleg arrived atlast! Postkat got lost :(
And now my meerkat family have a shelf :)
1405264152540.jpg

Thanks @MicraPRO :)

I couldnt believe it I dont think it had ever been changed :O its been sat on the side for a good hour now to and it hasnt settled to the bottom atall :L ..... poor thing x

I have heard people try and tell me they are a lifetime filter? I dont think so. No filter would ever last forever. Some people's logic is beyond me

Mildred will really apreciate it I'm sure :)

I have heard people try and tell me they are a lifetime filter? I dont think so. No filter would ever last forever. Some people's logic is beyond me

Mildred will really apreciate it I'm sure :)
heh :D i,ve never changed the fuel filter on any of my 4 x k11,s, cars have a non-servicable in-tank filter nowadays (to protect the pump too)

once every year or so for me. always worth doing though. I have only ever had one bad filter. the rest have always seemed good and seemed a waste throwing them away.

Changed the belts :) ga16 airbox on and new noddie rod painted and drying in the garage in a gorgeous..... neon pink! :)
Taking the old rod of the nuts came of eventually but ive got a bolt on the passengers side that has seized solid tried hitting it with a lump hammer.... wont budge..... anyone had this problem? The bolt has seized in the bush and there is really any room to cleanly angle grind it off this is the one I mean.....
1406493491929.jpg
1406493519634.jpg
1406493535712.jpg

Thank you :) x

If the bolt is truely rusted solid onto the bush insert, cutting a single slot down the middle won't do anything cos both ends of the bolt would still be seized onto the bush insert and still petruding through the chassis hole keep it in place.

I'd cut the rod free from both sides of the bush so that the petruding bolt shaft and the bolt head will fall out the way allowing the panhard to simply slip out.

.jpg

be careful the thin cutting disc doesn't snag or shatter in ur face. safety first with safety glasses :cool:

If the bolt is truely rusted solid onto the bush insert, cutting a single slot down the middle won't do anything cos both ends of the bolt would still be seized onto the bush insert and still petruding through the chassis hole keep it in place.

I'd cut the rod free from both sides of the bush so that the petruding bolt shaft and the bolt head will fall out the way allowing the panhard to simply slip out.
you refit the nut and turn the 2 ends paul, and getting a grinder into the 2 sides would be a lot more awkward

Back