• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Mildred the Micra

New spark plugs in still no cylinder two.... Different lead.... Still nothing.... How ever when I rev it thick white smoke comes out the exhaust.... Stoopid car!

I did think that but I've not lost any coolant or oil so head should be fine... It Is running rich.... But allways has... Still dosnt explain how it's dropped a cylinder? :-( xxx

This is what the spark plugs looked like...
1417541910153.jpg

1417541945372.jpg

And this one is cylinder two...
1417541990210.jpg
xxx

Will try that again :) I was at my parents Saturday and quickly checked for spark by sticking a screw driver in the end... But that was only on start crank quickly will see if it continues to spark... It's weird how it has come and gone then returned? I have put a different lead on that was working when removed but I will borrow one of toms tomorrow so I know it definitely works xx

Yeah they are a tad big but I put nice shiny new ones in :-(

Why thank you very much :) Oooo lady :p could get use to that :) xxx

Spark is really strong so must be a fueling issue... Now about to plug the laptop in x
the lappie wont really help tbh clo, you need to check that #2 injector is squirting, and test the compressions (roll down a hill in gear, if you can find a hill in east anglia :) )

Will have to wait till next set of days off now :-( then I'll pull the rail off and check it... Hopefully won't make it worse by driving it for a bit :-( x

Right so today went to start the car .... nothing.... the fuel pump had primed but there seemed little if no air or fuel in engine as it only started when I repeatedly pumped the accelerator whilst cranking it over.... is there any common causes of pressure loss maybe to give me a starting ground? X

Rest of the time its started fine.... :( ive had a complete brain fart over it :( first thought it was an injector now im not sure :( x

Yeah absolutely caked the lot of it :-( going to check the grommets on the fire wall if not then I'll pull the scuttle of again x

If the area isn't clean and dry, it wont seal properly.

I had a nightmare plugging up my seals under the scuttle.

I ended up ripping the plugs out and unloading a mammoth amount of sealant. Grunting everytime I pulled the trigger.
It was hella ugly but it was hidden under the scuttle.

No I haven't yet Frank :-( hoping it isn't the sunroof :-( x
sometimes the bottom flange gets damaged from jacking and the drain slots get squashed clo, or else they get covered over with underseal.
then the sills fill up with water and leak into the footwell :) x

Back