Mild Steel Vs. Stainless??

scottish-sr

Ex. Club Member
For a catback exhaust, what is better? Basically the Janspeed catback or a custom made one out of stainless steel? I know stainless won't rust etc, and other pros and cons?

cost.... mild will be cheaper.

ring janspeed they will make you the cat back in stainless for a bit more cash iirc. then no need to go custom measurements are all done for ya with janspeed. easy swap

:)

all my zorst was SS and got a 25 year waranty with it,,,the thing is with SS is you fit it and forget about it,you wont get probs with wear and tear

ide say SS

Cheers, any difference in performance with the different matierials? doubt there would be. Just seen a brand new Janspeed for £175 but could get a custom stainless steel for that too.

no ,at the end of the day its getting rid of the cat,15" of tube,lol

if its the same size ther will be no difference,

RIK said:
yeah,just look how long standard ones last! they are poor imo

does anyone know how long a proper standard ones lasts?.... from the factory that is. The janspeed is guarenteed for 3 years or soemthing iirc, could be wrong though.

think mine was on its 4th wen i bought it (it was an L reg k11) and wen it went i got a SS one with 25year waranty :D will last longer than the engine and paint .lol

sorry to bring this from the dead but really does save making a new thread...

Basically wondered, does anyone have experiance of how long janspeed mild steel manifold normally lasts ?? (in terms of time or miles) ??

Had mine just under 1.5 years and it really doesnt look so good.

Pay to get a shiney new one ceramic coated, no rust and excellent heat retention properties (keeps heat inside the pipe and out of the engine bay)

where would you get one ceramic coated?

might try and get a new manifold under warrenty if mine has rusted through (getting funny noises need to check if its the manifold or not though)

i got a custom stainless cat back powerflow system from top gear for £160 fitted made right infront of me. unlimited mileage / year warrenty aslong as it stays on the car

Back