Stainless manifold

TriNode

Ex. Club Member
Is there anywhere that does a stainless performance manifold?
Would the performance be noticable with a new manifold / air filter but keeping standard cat & backbox?

I'm trying to keep the car fairly standard internally but eek a bit more out of it (and keep it quiet too), Plus I'd like to have parts that I don't have to worry about rust with.

Do we have 2 Cats? If I lose one, I'm sure someone said I would if I put on a janspeed, will I shorten the life of the other?

Cheers,

Anthony

Janspeed do a stainless manifold. Unsure of how much it is but a mild steel one is around £200. The perfromance will improve with the manifold and if you put in a k&n panel filter and extra air feed it will help, while keeping the noise down.

If it is a pre-facelift then yes you do have two cats. I don't think it would damage the other one by removing the first one.

I run a full Janspeed system with decat, fully heat wrapped and it makes some difference. It is worth investing some money in heatwrap, especially for under the bonnet.

my bros 1.3, failed on emissions..with a janspeed and a high flow cat on. He had to switch the manifold backover to stock before it would pass.

I've been digging up old threads and they suggested that the first cat warms up quicker then the second one, so if you're just running the second and the MOT's done from cold it'll fail...

Doubt I'd be bothered swapping over every year.

I am suprised though that there's no kit that lets you keep both cats.

I am suprised though that there's no kit that lets you keep both cats.
they have them in japan, also the nissan cube has a four branch manifold and still keeps the first cat, i think you can order them from ni$$an £££!!!

Personally heat wrap is a false economy, in the long term moisture will get into the wrap and start to rust the manifold. Better off spending more to get to properly coated so it will last a lifetime

I had a Janspeed manifold, the wrap does exactly what it sais, drops underbonnet temps but the manifold suffers terribly with carbon migration and wastage. When the manifold came off after 3 years it was paper thin in places and actually perforated in 2 places.

If you're on a budget I would leave it standard and deal with having higher underbonnet temps. The manifold will last longer, which is good for re-sale if you're moving on.

Back