Cleaning stainless steel exhaust

tse_adam

Micra Attitude
My custom made stainless steel backbox and tip are turning from shiny
chrome/silver to yellow/black. Are there any products out there that can remove the tough stain and make it shine again?

I know there are some solutions out there can be used on silver jewelleries etc, is that the sort of products i should be looking at?:glare:

Finally one more question on the side as i dont want to create a new thread just for this. My car is full of little scratches, chippings and dents. Would you roughly know the price of having a bodyshop to fix all that in one go? If it gets any worse, i might just do that. :(

cheers

i use autosol...that'll polish up pretty much anything, and costs next to nothing also.

bodywork wise cant say tbh, will also depend on the bodyshop :)

My girlfirends silver polish did wonders on my s/s exhaust trim, but it is a bit pants anyway and is actually rusting in patches (s/s rusting? cheeap as). Wonder wheels or similar products are also good for cleaning but quite potent so dont quote me on what they would do in the long term. I also polish the trim/tip with the same wax i use for the car (sad but it keeps the rust at bay).

Whilst a touch up/detailing of your car would be ace, it still may not be worth it if your selling up (i.e. pay for itself and then some). I cant say for sure but how bad is it cosmetically, got any example pics?

I used some metal cleaning polish from one of those doorstep catalogues, it's awesome!

great so autosol it is then. Where do you guys normally purchase this from?

The damages are not too serious but once i start washing and feeling up :) the car, these become quite obvious. Would you guys know how a normal bodyshop charge? like £20 per dent or £10 per scratch or do they charge hourly or price the whole job? If it runs into 4 figures then forget it lol.

White vinegar - pour some onto the cloth to make it damp and wipe said Exhaust ;)

Autosol scratches the metal but whatever works in my book (Y)

Back