Micra Project

M

mackem_micra

Right guys, i am thinking about getting my micra back and doing it as a project, it needs alot to get through its MOT but think it will be gud experience - seems though i have another car - there is no hurry to get it sorted - so - was thinking about dropping another engine in - have a source where i can get just about anything - what would you guys recomend to throw in

also is there any decent garages that people in the north east used/herd about for conversions - have no idea about engines so would get it done propbly!!

Cheers people,
Jon

absolutely anythig but at a decent price - dont wana be spending loads but then again not sure whearher to go for a show car rather than road and power?! just after any ideas at all at the minute!!

Jon

lol that starlet engine is only £400!!!!

Put on top of that the engine mounts, driveshafts and electrics and you could it done imo for under 4k and with extra for modifications say another 1.5k you could have it developing 200bhp.

I'm surprised this hasn't been tried yet.

Kev

But for that money you could just turbo the CG - a lot less hassle than having to splice all the loom together and get new mounts made up.

I'd like to see the V6 from a Maxima in the back ofa Micra, could prob be done for not a lot of cash and gives you the option to upgrade to the lump from a 300zx later if you wish

Nah a 4E-FTE Swap would work nicer than turbo'd CG13 in my opinion.

Got the right compression ratio to start with, along with a good base map that won't run you into too much trouble if you run 98,

Starlet Motors are sooooo nice to fiddle with

(Grab a turbo off an EVO, grab some injectors out of a GTR, Intercooler and fuel pump too. )

SR20DET Swap is sweet though. I want to do 1 one day.

B16 VTEC Civic Motor?
K20 VTEC Civic Type R Motor?

Grrrrrrrr! So many engines would be exciting to use in a Micra chassis

cheers for all the ideas guys n gals - have talked it over with the boss (the wife) and she has agreed to the idea of me doing this (mainly so i stop messing on with the "family car") haha!!

will keep things updated as how things are going - should be interesting!! hehe!!

Jon

Back