Micra is up for sale/breaking

RE: Micra is up for sale

6 years neil - thats pretty impressive length of time to stick the the same model of car. You had better stay when the car is gone - i think anyone would find it hard trying to keep the NE people in order like you can - I can totally understand why you want to move on from it though.

My opinion. Would prefer you to keep the car or a least sell it to someone in the club but can understand why you wouldnt want to do either of these for the right money. However, if u did decided to sell, i would have the bbox off you if you were willing

Ben

Lol, thanks ed, ive really enjoyed my time here, but i will still be around as ive mentioned.

ben - all depends on wot is offered to me really for the full car. Ian already has dibs on the exhaust, but I'll put u down aswell....

I know you ain't sure if you breaking yet mate, but any chance of making a list with who has dibs on what?
Titch :kungfu:

Ok, this is all I can think of at the moment, however little bits n pieces will obv come up

person on the left has first dibs

Grille -
Jap style bumper - super_s
bonnet -
windscreen -
wings x2 - Ian
dash x2 - 1x Gman
wheels - danni, titch
springs - Ian, big_ben
gtir brakes - daveyc - SOLD!
doors x2 -
std interiorm seats doorcards - k11kid?
horn - danni, wayne, bigben
zorst - ian, bigben
boot without spoiler -
rear bumper - ian, paynee
skirts - titch
std sr bumper with fogs -
manifold - danni, titch
headlights -
rear lights - layla, super_s
sr spoiler -
clear indicators - ian
cream leather - Gman
rear splitter - titch
dials and surround - ian
wiring for headlights - mike
DTM Mirrors - Danni
Install (just mdf) - Gman
Leccy windows - Gman
Boot release -

engine 1.3 106k -
1.3 ecu -
gearbox - again 1.3SR -
hubs n brakes for k10 conversion - dan
all side glass -

again this is only if I do decide to strip it, this hasnt definately been decided yet. I do have an idea of prices I am after aswell.....

also i may as well take the wings, and the rear bumper with valance, if the colour match is good to mine. :D

We have a late entrant, lol

(Its amazing how its been up here since this morning and I've almost flogged everything, lol)

I have 2 offers on the full car at the moment..... possibly 3...

Please bear in mind I finish work at 5pm so will have no access until tomorrow morning, if u have my mobile number please contact me there after 6...

Ta

Meant to say - think this is the first time that Danni has beaten me for 1st dibs on stuff!!

neil, u know what we been talkin about taking the full car off your hands now, dependin on the price it is to fix up and get it runnin correctly again. I am very interested in taking the full car off you tho neil mate. We will discuss this further soon :p

Attachments

• budice.jpg
    budice.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 183

:p to fix up road worthy hehe

i know who u ill be asking about that then eh !!

lol. nah seriouslly for road worthy all that would need to be done is the side making so it aint as bad and aint a danger to the public.
thats it. could be done for £30 most prob.

ubt that wont solve any thing.

to get the car ideal back to good.

new engine
redo the full n/s including door etc. intarnals. new sill etc.
creases out of o/s door
new bonnet
full respray.

see how much a body shop will do this for :D
this is what we discussed between me and neil.
put it this way i reckoned it would take me close to a good 500-800 depending on how far you took to get it in the state. ie cutting corners on spraying etc could knock the price dwn. as again what we were talking about when u were asking about spray jobs.
this all goes to say that if the underside is all ok. which i aint checked but personally feel would be fine.
the full side would need to be polly sprayed and prepped aswell otherwise u will be able to see all the catty work etc.

other than that the car is an excellent model to go by. and can see it has been looked after. it has generally just aged.

unfortunatly as me and neil were talking about the rice of car and price of repairs have got to be taken into consideration. and thats why we talked about the possibility of stripping and gettting the most he could.

his response to me which defines how both us feel for the car:

he asked: " would i hate him if he stripped it?"

that goes to show not that he thinks more of what i think of him but his not wanting to and want for others appinions to try settle his mind.

my answer ??

" simple... YES i would.

but would love him more aswell. simply because to me.(my personal opinions here) i would love him more as a person.
as it would show EVERY one that he is a DAD. not just a father."

as the reason he is even contemplating the thought of stripping the car he has loved and dedicated a big part of hs life and earnings into, for the future of his family and child. that makes me respecyt him more as a person. and as a DAD. devoted to his wife and child. for this i would totally understand his situation.

neil knows he has my support and hope he gets what he NEEDS.
if not then neil you have my full support mate ;):D

whoa wayne that was deep, near brought a tear to my eye!! neil id also be willing to lend a hand if you were to strip as im only about 5 minutes away, like everyone has said itll be sad to see your car go but iv always thought it has been taken out of your hands the minute some scumbag pranged it and f****d off. its quite a lot of work and money needed to go into it, but hopefully someone will have enough of both to make it just as good as it was, if not better!

however if the worst comes to the worst and you do break it put me next in like for front bumper, standard rear bumper and gtir brakes please.

sorry to hear mate, hope you get as much as possible, without the childish ''dibs on this dibs on that'' then ''oh sorry erm i cant afford it cos ive got to pay the vet bill cos my cats got the flu'' or some ****

all the best mate

cheers paynee, but i regard neil as one of very few very cloase friends. we have come close through the ne meets etc. and talk uite abit (normally about random crap like. lol) but feel i could trust him with alot of my life details and my posessions.

neil is one of the most geniun (sp?) guys u could meet. i care for him alot. and hope his situation does resolve itself. i seriously do. thus why even though everyone around me would shake there head etc. and id have to do alot of cutting dopwn etc. i would and will try to be abel to get the money to stop that car being broken at all costs. unfotunatly there is a limit as to what can be spent on it the situation it is and the costs entailed tofixing it.

since the engine is buggered to put it lightly. it would require a new engine. and since a new engine would be needed. i would feel obliged to complete the sr20 conversion that neil has longed for.

not only for my satisfacton but feel like i would be fulfilling a dream he has had for a while now. and building up to complete. untill situations out of his control have to stop this.

will eb a very sad day if this was to happen. but this is the same as i said to dan. when he was seriosuly considering selling his car. though not to my best idealists. i also feel alot for dan and that car. and "hope" i have been there to every question they ask. and try help out in any way. thus why i done dans car. the full welding of 16" plate across the sill (my dad did that bless his heart. in horrendous winds ) hehe
the brake lines, undersealed it allrefitted side skirt... and i bloody washed it :p in return what did i ask for... nothing. he simply upurchased a crate of lager for my dad for doing the welding to help out.
in return dan has offered to build me my centre console frame since i wont have time to measure p and build etc.
little it may be but very appreciative. there is a close group from the msc that i really do feel close to. from the ne. and alot of good friends from hre also.
would count 3-4 of them ne lot as very close friends also.

thus the reason i have stayed with the micra and the reason i will stay around as long as possible.

Cheers Wayne. Anything I could do for ya I would though and I think you know that. :) I myself have also made some very good friends from the forums and have enjoyed meeting and getting to know people. :) It will be a shame to not see Neils dream carried out, however as Wayne said it is only to resolve his situation for him and his family. I am now once again in love with the car lol, and even though I am having yet more problems I still want to keep it and get it sorted by making it yet better still. Alot of this is due to the club and the mates I have made here, so cheers y'all... and Wayne hehe lol. :p

ohhh... that reminds me howard wants me to check somethings on your engine :p

lol

i told him to sod fixing it if you bring the motor round ill drop a ma12 in for ya ;)
instead of spending money trying to fix the compression issue etc.

so iof u get a spare cpl of hours etc then u an pop by get an engine transplant if u wanted.

Lol nice!!! Cheers mate. :D Which engine is it?? :p Yeah we had a few problems the other day and Slim was not happy cos he couldn't get it sorted lol. :) I'll see when I'm free mate and let ya know hehe. :)

Damn, just seen this. Man this is going to be a dark day. Hope you'll still be around for the North East Neil?

If I wasn't in such a finiancial mess myself I'd make an offer on the car. Hope things work out for you mate.

spoken to neil regarding the car and i figured iw ont be able to afford to insure the car, as i would be forking out over 3grand a year insurance.

If the car is split i will take the spare dash and the leathers please mate :) will let you know about anything else

Kinda off topic, bu i've got to agree with Wayne. I think this is a really close membered club, and alot of people have alot of friends through it. I know i've got mates from it, and i stay away up in Scotland!
Being on here is such a good laugh, also great for when you need advice on stuff, and together, we all represent Micras in the car modding scene, and the U.K. Yes, this is a bit of a blow to us all, but i ain't the end of the world, and who knows, it may even spark off more for the club.
Anyway - emotional part over.
Titch :kungfu:

At the moment it looks liker the car will be broken as I have offers on alot of the parts already.....

Its still not definately decided tho....

would you be able to knock up some sort of price list? (sorry, know its a lot to ask at this time of the morning! eye barely open etc)
cheers
xLx

Here u go, the ideal prices I'm after, will possibly negotiate...

Std mirrors x3 - £10 each
Grille - £10 - mike
Jap style bumper - super_s, paynee £170
bonnet - £20
windscreen - £30
wings x2 - Ian £40 for pair
dash x2 - 1x Gman £20 each
wheels - danni, titch £200
springs - Ian, big_ben £40
gtir brakes - daveyc - SOLD!
doors x2 - 40
std interior carpets seats doorcards - open to offers
horn - danni, wayne, bigben £30
zorst - ian, bigben £100
boot without spoiler - £30
rear bumper - ian, paynee £30
skirts - titch £100
std sr bumper with fogs in black - £100
manifold - danni, titch £80
headlights - £20 for pair
clear rear lights - layla, super_s £70
Std rear lights - £20
sr spoiler - £50
clear indicators - ian £5
cream leather - Gman - SOLD!
rear splitter - titch £10
dials and surround - ian £10
wiring for headlights - mike £5
DTM Mirrors - Danni - £20
Install (just mdf) - Gman - £10
Leccy windows - Gman (price not decided)
Boot release - (price not decided)

engine 1.3 106k - offers
1.3 ecu - offers
gearbox - again 1.3SR - offers
hubs n brakes for k10 conversion - dan (price not decided)
all side glass - (price not decided)

The whole of the car will be available if it gets stripped....

ian hun wave bye bye to your paycheque :p
sorry super_s rear lights are mine bwhahahaha

aherm. why is dannis name in front of mine for the air horn. i believe i have had dibs and money waitring for that for well over a year now. LONG before danni even knew you :p

step asside danielle that horn is mine

I think its gonna be a fight between the two of u lol..... Bidding war!

As already mentioned, breaking is my last choice....

naa i wouldnt fight wayne for two reasons
a) i luff him
nd b) im a-scared of him

danni has no choice she rather lets me have the horn or she simply does not get any more work done to her car she dont get her sieskirts cut and shut and sprayed and she dont get splitters sprayed and fitted either..

:D i dont think there is gonna be a bidding war neil

Lol, wayne, is there any chance u could give us a hand stripping it if i do? And could i thief some of ur steelies as I have no spare wheels....

Not sure wot I can do about the hubs and brakes as I would need to roll it into the back lane the day they want to pick it up..... Any ideas?

And none of the above prices include postage by the way, collection would be better for the bigger items....

i think ill let ben have the exhuast, since my pay came up shorter then i expected :S

quickdraw said:
danni has no choice she rather lets me have the horn or she simply does not get any more work done to her car she dont get her sieskirts cut and shut and sprayed and she dont get splitters sprayed and fitted either..
black mail is a bad thing wayne :p

any particular day you free for me to pick up bumper?

Hey - right i'll take the skirts and back splitter from you mate. Postage will be a bit of a bitch on them. Could you wait till the meet?

Just to advise there is no sill damage as far as I'm aware, the damage starts an inch above at kleast and the skirt is still intact so that shows this....

sorry to see it go dude, will be a sad loss :( but if its gotta go then its gotta go.

but heh ho you still got an almera and the littlun to play with :D she'll soon want a micra ha ha:D

wayne i will be the BIGGER MATURE one and step aside and say u can have it

oh then ill go buy 1 from ebay for 25 quid :D

Lol, mine comes with a nice button and all the wiring tho, lol, ya cheeky thing....

Can all those people who have reserved stuff pm me to confirm prices please, the decision will be made no later than saturday on whether to strip this car or not....

Neil use interlink for everything that needs to be delivered, our contract at work is about £6 upto 30kg, next day delivery including tracking. The pick up on the day when you phone them and delivery it the very next day!

Excellent service and will solve P&P issues for everyone and help your selling. I could ask if it could go through our work but payment issues would probably cause issues.

But give them a ring, Interlink Express, doesn't cost anything to set up an account. You may not get the contract we have but at most you'd be looking at £15 per 30 kilo, which will basically cover everything you have to sell. Smaller items can be wrapped in bubble wrap and posted in the sprinter bags which is even cheaper.

Kev :)

yea urs dus neil but i gotta let wayne have it dont i... to b fair i knew he wud want it and wanted it longer than me so its only fair! coz me a nice girl:)

Back