Micra is up for sale/breaking

SR_Micra_Boy

Ex. Club Member
**See page 5 for latest parts list**

It the end of an Era for me.

Due to changes in life I can no longer spend the amount of time on the micra as I wish to try and help nurse it back to the car it should be and modify it further to fulfill my dream micra, the engine conversion with the 200sx, the fibreglass install and dash, the cream leather, and so on and so on are now no longer to be created with the car in my possession.

The car at the moment isnt in the best of condition, due to others not loving it as much as I do, or maybe even jealously, I dont know.

The car is up for sale tho, and this ill be the end of my micra ownership, a good 6 years coming up. From having the first modified k11 in the club, Ive had ups and downs with the 2 micras I have owned, Ive gained a wealth of experience from the members I have spoken to, pm'ed, and met, but its time to move on.

At the moment the plans is that Jess is going to go part time at work, to be able to spend more time with the littlun. Instead of spending time and money getting the micra sorted, its going to be spent on the almera instead as its a daily driver for us, the micra has sat in the backyard for the last 2 months not doing anything.

Wayne has dibs on the car, at the moment he has offered me £500 for it, in the condition its in at the moment i cant see me getting much more for it.

Its a sad time, but I'll still be on here, organising the north east meets and offering advice, but the dream ends now.

Please dont move this to the for sale section as it isnt a for sale ad...

RE: Micra is up for sale

sorry to hear this mate, tho i'm sure it won't mean an end to your membership and continued support for the club.

Pete

No mate, I'll still be here,my second home lol, ive got to keep my north east lot in line, lol....

I'll still be attending JAE hopefully aswell whether it be getting a lift off one of the North East members, or taking the almera down with the AOC.

shame to see your lettin it go matey, but glad youll still be on here helpin all the people with your knowledge! let the next nissan get modded eh

it will be a shame to see the car go!! ive always liked it & you always seem to come up with good & helpful advice on the forums.

Lets just hope the almera is just as good as the micra if not better :p

Its already starting mate, single wiper, alloy shortshifter, 18's, lowered, tints should hopefully be on pretty soon

And cheers, the almera will looking good hopefully

Ive already been offered a lift thanks layla....

If anyone is interested in the car, they can pm me if they wish....

Sorry to hear this buddy, know that you loved that car! But as long as you'll still be posting in here, then not all is lost. Will be good to see you at JAE, and at least if you've still got the Almera, you can stay in with the car modding scene. And who knows, you might just have another Micra down the line!
Titch :kungfu:

SR_Micra_Boy said:
Ive already been offered a lift thanks layla....

lol i wouldnt trust ian's driving either :p

*cough* lampposts...chinese men... gates... anything really *cough*

I had consdidered keeping it, doing the engine conversion and stripping it and using it as a track and qtr mile car, but not sure if its worth it.

well Neil u know me dont want u to get rid of it... but if its gotta be done then its gotta be done!! i know how much u love the club so i kno we will still see u on here as much :) persoanlly in the state its in i still think its worth a lil more than 500 but s'up to u how much u sell it 4.
and at least now it means ill have company on the way to JAE :D

good luck with it hun....
danni :)

Well funny you say that, my mate Murdie and me have just bot a Civic vti, was outta a scrappie. we're gonna try to get the enigne runnig again, and maybe make track car. But will keep you up-to-date. Will Wayne be buying the car off of you?

Ok for those interested

p reg 1.3 sr 1996 model, 106k miles, in need of timing chain replacement or engine change, still runs tho.

Tax - 5 months left
mot - expires start of march

K&n induction kit
janspeed manifold
powerflow cat back system with 4.5" slash cut exit

15" fox allo wheels
lowered 45mm front 35mm rear

Japstyle front bumper (not sure but possibly a badboy copy)
aggressor sideskirts
ibiza rear splitter
clear rear lights
clear indicators
usual sr bodycoloured trim and spoiler

red n black interior seats
harness pads
Musical airhorn (which will seal the deal by itself, lol)

all my ice will be coming out

there is also a full cream leather interior included in the sale aswell....

The bodywork is in bad condition, but could be a project for someone (not any of my fault, charvas and stolen car were the problem)

I think thats all, but will add more if I remember it, pics from the damage caused by the stolen car are below, i havent even tried pushing the dint out but it looks like it will make things better if it does.

I'm not expecting much from the sale due to its condition, but there u go, my cards are on the table.....

Wayne is interested in the car for £500 but cant take it until earliest end of march, he has advised me if I can get more he will quite happily step back....

Just outta interest, you gonna be splitting it? If so, i'll take dibs on a few things.
Wheels
Manifold
Back splitter
Skirts

Doubt you'll want to split it, but just if you are mate.

Thats my last choice mate, I have a few things that I am going to sell seperatley, i could split it all, but again its more time spent on it...

Working it out, from a few select parts I could make alot more than £500 by breaking it, but I dont know wot to do re collection of the remains of the car, and wot i would be charged.....

if we're playing this game i'm bidding on rear lights :p will swop for my standards for selling purposes. if you're selling

the car will b goin as a whole to b made wat it was b4 the damage... a 1 off masterpiece :)

Main thing i need to do is to see how much the bare shell will be collected for, ie if I will be charged and how much.

But everything would be for sale, I could possibly make around £800 from 9 items off the car, so could potentially make 1k plus by breaking it....

yea - think thats probally the best idea. Would love to see this car getting finished off, and then maybe appearing back into the hands of it orignal master, Mr SR_Micra_Boy!

I hate to play this game, but if i don't ask i won't secure anything. I would be interested in clear repeaters, dials, exhuast and springs.

TBH i think you could get more then £500 from breaking it. Not that im trying to convince you to break it. But it would leave what to do with the shell :S

Ian

I think you'd get more that £500 as it is too. It's a nice car, fair enough it has bodywork damage, but i'm sure someone would want to take it on for a project.

Very sorry to hear that mate but I kind ahave expected it for a while now. You probably would make more breaking it but its up to you in the end I guess and it would be nice to see it finished off the way you wanted it to be all along!!! :) Hope it all turns out good whatever the outcome mate and I hope to see you still an active member of the forums and still continuing to attend the NE meets which I'm sure you will do. :) Good luck with the almera though. :D

Ive done a few quick working outs, and I could make around £1200 from breaking the car and selling the bits at the rough prices I have put down....

I'll still be active and will be organising the meets lol...

wel neil u know my situation regarding this.
unfortunatly till my car is back on the road i am out of the question.
regarding the cars price. i have spoken to neil loads about this and we came to conclusion that he would be looking at recieving 500 up to 700 max considering the amount of work required the engine condition etc. the selling price for a '98 sr up here these days in good condition good engine etc. is ranging at around 1300-1500 for the better ones.
the damage could cost up to 800 to fix aswell.

i seriously hope someone buys this car. WHOLE. this car has NOT got to be broken. at all costs. neil knows i will try my hardest to help him (and the car) best i can. but unfortunatly at the moment it is out of my hands. i recon i could pull together 500 for that time. thats with selling the k10 super. with the alloys 24k on clock immaculate condition full year mot and tax.

the offer is there to neil. if i can get more i will neil knows this. but i couldnt gurentee it so wont. put it down. the 500 i recon could be achievable with a few losses here and there.

and neil also know that if the car does come to me. i WILL have it ready for JAE. and he WILL drive it there. solving both problems of getting the car there and getting neil there.

could be up for a little "fun" on the way down aswell :D

but this time we have to give kev a camera to tape us all flying under neath him up the motorway :D hehe

Ive been advised the bare shell can be picked up for nowt, so this is looking to be the best option at the moment, however I may be after some help to break the car itself one day.... If I do go with this option that is....

Lol, yeah that was quality wayne. To be honest the £700 difference is alot, and I know you really want the car, and I unerstand your circumstances, I just need to see wot option is best.

If its the best option money wise then maybe thats for the best. At least it will help others mod their micras. :) Would be a shame to see it stripped though.

very big shame. give me a run down of what u think you could sell and the prices etc in pm.
still may take the car but then let u sell loads of things. that way it would be a winner for both of us :D

Me and Chie would give you a had to strip the car. He's got spring compressors and things which would help rather then losing an eye when it goes TWANG!

Pm sent mate, the total on that list works out as around £1500....

Would like to know if u agree on the prices aswell.... also need an idea on the price of engine, gearbox, hubs n brakes n stuff

sounds good yeah lol... altho hang on no its good it b good to go as a whole so wudnt need to break it:p

naa will b bigger than a few of the meets from other areas!!

and weve had smaller meets like round this area like wen ian and chie came over to c waynes white k11 was only 4 then:p

Naaa id bet a few would attend, lol, theres at least 4 micras already lol, it would still be bigger than the south east meets! lol

Back