Member's eBay Finds

I want handling over stance, and they'll easily resell for 100 at least so it would give me the time to sort proper spring rates etc at a later date.

@h701micra

Forgive me if im wrong but as far as im aware without paying £££££ for micra specific coilies, the polo coilovers are the best for handling. Hence why im getting a set

@h701micra

Forgive me if im wrong but as far as im aware without paying £££££ for micra specific coilies, the polo coilovers are the best for handling. Hence why im getting a set

So why do all the rally lot run micra specific set ups? Polo coilovers aren't the be all and end all for handling, it just so happens that cheapish ones fit a micra and make a fairly rolly car handle well.
If I brought expensive micra ones, which I did, they'd perform just as well as expensive corsa/Polo ones.
You get what you pay for.

I didn't say polo coilovers were better than micra specific ones alex, I said that without spending the big bucks of micra specific ones, the polo set up is probably the best your gonna get :p

@h701micra

Correct :)
The valving in them is perfect fir our small cars
Coupled with the correct springs can make a very decent setup and pound for pound are better value than micra specific ones.
Only difference is the on car damping adjustment...

I didn't say polo coilovers were better than micra specific ones alex, I said that without spending the big bucks of micra specific ones, the polo set up is probably the best your gonna get :p

Meh, I guess I should have read all your post Tbf... For a few hundred quid I guess you would be far better of with adjustable coilies from any car than springs and dampers :)

So why do all the rally lot run micra specific set ups?
H701 and Nissanubaru will be rocking 6N coilovers

I'd say they use specific ones as axle modifications aren't allowed? nor cutting bushes? :) plus they usually havent such a tight budget and don't consider alternatives :)

H701 and Nissanubaru will be rocking 6N coilovers

I'd say they use specific ones as axle modifications aren't allowed? nor cutting bushes? :) plus they usually havent such a tight budget and don't consider alternatives :)

Scrutes sometimes take really thorough looks at suspension components, especially with us juniors, and I guess they may be unhappy with cut bushes and enlarged holes :p
I don't think it's them not considering alternatives, they look everywhere to get grams of the car weight, so tbh I'd have to agree that it's due to our budgets...
And also the fact that cutting or modding any coilovers to fit a micra would void any warranty, and seeing as a lot of money is put into suspension set ups in some cars I guess they don't want to void it?

Scrutes sometimes take really thorough looks at suspension components, especially with us juniors, and I guess they may be unhappy with cut bushes and enlarged holes :p
I don't think it's them not considering alternatives, they look everywhere to get grams of the car weight, so tbh I'd have to agree that it's due to our budgets...
And also the fact that cutting or modding any coilovers to fit a micra would void any warranty, and seeing as a lot of money is put into suspension set ups in some cars I guess they don't want to void it?
Exactly :) they're very fussy over load mounting points where big accidents happen
Shame they didn't check your wheel nuts ;)

I think any type of warranty on our micras is now expired :p

Exactly :) they're very fussy over load mounting points where big accidents happen
Shame they didn't check your wheel nuts ;)

I think any type of warranty on our micras is now expired :p

I bloody hope my suspension warranty ain't! Probably wasn't intended for rally though haha....

Sod off about wheels nuts, anyway, do I remember you forgetting to put radiator caps on a lot? ;)

Correct :)
The valving in them is perfect fir our small cars
Coupled with the correct springs can make a very decent setup and pound for pound are better value than micra specific ones.
Only difference is the on car damping adjustment...

AND a sensible ride height , i.e. NOT being decked to death :)

Mod the car to fit the coilies ;)
1389133128969.jpg

For folk like us yes probably ;) But most want Polo coilies for the specific reason to deck the car to the max and thus royaly stuff the geometry in doing so. It's very rare for people to purchase suspension for the prime reason of handling first, looks second.

Maybe you'll change the fad and bring forth new and better habits :D

For folk like us yes probably ;) But most want Polo coilies for the specific reason to deck the car to the max and thus royaly stuff the geometry in doing so. It's very rare for people to purchase suspension for the prime reason of handling first, looks second.

Maybe you'll change the fad and bring forth new and better habits :D
My brain doesn't compute handling second :p

I shall do my best to convince the nation :D

Already convinced it's just lack of cash and know how. A grinder and some springs is as far as it goes for me ATM I'm still learning tho

LEEEEEAVVVEEE ITTTTT YEAHH!!!
I'm all up for this cut spring thing now I've had a go (still not my first choice but if resided to it then it'd suffice)

Use a thin "stainless steel" grinder disc and put a bit of pressure on it. Took 3-4seconds to get through and no heat distortion :)

Thought I could talk you round ;) wish you lived closer man! Would love to pick your brains!

LEEEEEAVVVEEE ITTTTT YEAHH!!!

Back