Aftermarket central locking unit from Ebay

Hello all,

i am new on this forum and looking for some advise concerning the wiring of an aftermarket central locking unit from Ebay.
The car isn't mine but the one of my step-sister. I read already a lot of post from this forum and tried a lot by myself before posting a new thread and ask for some help.
The car is a Micra K11 1.0 16V from 2000.

The diagram i received with the aftermarket central locking looks exactly like the one we can see in this thread from the user eierkopf:

https://www.micra.org.uk/threads/remote-locking-kit.49264/

I tried to adapt his wiring to my unit which only differ from the wire color, but the best i could do was that the doors are closing and opens right after (or the opposite, not 100% sure).
So basically, i applied the diagram from stani1029 on my installation taking in consideration that the common wire he is talking about is the wire that is connected with the 2 other for locking or unlocking when pressing the button (3 wires for locking, 3 for unlocking and the common is the one that will be shorted on standby with one of the 2 other wires and with the last one when pressing the button lock or unlock on the remote).

After that post, i also read that one : https://www.micra.org.uk/threads/fitting-remote-central-locking-system.59659/
where user nisses report that the lock or unlock command is to put a 12V on light green/red and yellow silver-dotted to lock/unlock the car.
To be honest, i only saw that post today and didn't tried that one (only tried to ground them and not working), but basically the connector i have is exactly the same as the one on the picture he posted. So maybe that's the one i need to follow ?

What i tested is the following :

- if i ground the red/yellow wire, there is a reaction of the central locking system but i don't remember if it lock or unlock but it does something, once.
- If i put 12V on that wire, nothing changes
- If i cut the cable, the opposite reaction of putting the ground is done (so if it was lock when grounding the wire, then cutting it will unlock and vice-versa).

Honnestly, i hope you will be able to help me a bit on this, because i mounted these remote central locking systems on many other cars (Opel, Fiat, ...) and never had so much problems to get it working.

Thanks in advance.

Hello all,

i finally found a solution that i wanted to share with you, because with the diagram posted by stani1029 wasn't working well for me, so maybe for persons who face the same issue as i do, this diagram will work better.

Basically, first you need to identify your wires on the aftermarket remote locking unit. There should be 6 wires, 3 for locking the doors, 3 for unlocking. On each, there is a common. This common will be shorted with the N/C wire on standby and with the N/O wire when activating the unlock or lock function. To easily identify your wires, i suggest to connect your unit on +12V and using a multimeter, find each wire activating the remote to get the pulse of both relays (unlock and then lock).
Once you know exactly which wire is which one, this is the diagram i applied to get the aftermarket remote locking working :

As we can see, there is a slight difference compare to the one of Stani1029 that there are not 2 wires not used but only one. I think it is quite easy to understand, but in case of, just ask and i will try to help :). The wire used was the yellow/red from the original central locking unit, as stated in many other post, that's the good one.
Cheers.

Thanks to delpiero3, i finally installed the central locking kit from eBay ! You saved my remaining hair... i have lost a lot in the past week...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162094660167?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

This unit have a window close trigger (with 30sec), but with negative output. Anybody can confirm the window closing signal is positive ?
I downloaded the service manual, when i see right there are positive leads for the windows.

Back