• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Mark's 1.0L

Just in case you aren't as imaginative as euro-micra, and because I happened across some pics, here's some very nicely refurbed cromodoras. Not sure if these are the 5" or 5.5" version, not that you would tell by looking anyway. I'm aiming for something along these lines, but am unlikely to achieve such a good finish.

P4230053.jpg

P4230057.jpg

These have also been on a lathe and have had the lip machined to achieve a much more defined edge where the paint/polished section meet at the back of the lip.

Cheers chaps, I suspect they look a little larger on the chop than they will in real life, because I had to cover the wheel trims.

Only out of necessity mckenziecz.

That would be particularly excellent if you could, but i'm not sure i'll be in - Saturday morning id trip to Sainsburys time. Let me know what sort of time you're thinking of heading over and I'll try and make sure i'm around.

At first I really missed those black bumpers, but now you've done the photoshop with some decent wheels it looks much better, so perhaps it was really the wide wheels I was missing :confused:

I keep missing the black bumpers too. I might even have to swap back as I'm kind of going off the reason I wanted body colour now anyway. I'll have to get it on OK wheels and then I'll be in love again.

Nice posts

Try being enthusiastic about the things you do like, rather than negative about the things you don't. You'll feel better.

Edited to posts because neither are really necessary.

I think that slots are one of the most likeable 13" retro wheels about... I had a refurbed set recently, polished alloy with the inserts of the spokes powder coated red. They looked absolutely mint! Shame that they weren't in Micra fitment.

Anyway, I'm liking the look of the photoshop! At first I was a bit unsure about the coloured bumpers but I'm completely converted :D

sweet wheels Mark, the ones in the pic you have posted though are 5.5, and i did tell by looking :D it clearly says 5 1/2 on them if you look :D will look super winning

Yeah, Cromodora made them in two sizes, those polished ones are just pics off of tinterweb. The ones I have are definitely 5".

I'm sure that there is a thread that suits the theme of this pic better buried somewhere in the depths of the forum, but a quick search didn't find it, so it can go here instead.

Celebrating springtime.......

DSCF0792-1.jpg

Cheers Peposhi.

In other news, I've also turned down a very wide spacer to suit the wide side of the rear (to the widest possible to use all of, but not too much, of the stud length), and spaced the narrow side to even up the rear. It's not a big difference but it matters to me when I look at it.

Matt, the refurb on the Chromodoras is not moving very quickly!

Glad your still dabbling Mark, :D
the slots are coming off mine now aswell as you can tell by other threads/posts
stick with the bumpers though, perhaps return to fender mirrors? still miss your torquise one. :(

Yeah that's what I'm thinking Sleeper - There's no way I can afford tyres to put round the 15"s at the moment anyway.

It looks just like the hire cars the local body shop used to use back when the K11 was new :p they always took the wheel trims off :)

It looks just like the hire cars the local body shop used to use back when the K11 was new :p they always took the wheel trims off :)
I remember the car hire firms used to put steels on the XR3i's back then cos they got fed up with them getting nicked & ending up looking really sad on someones Cortina :confused:

Did you notice someone's parked a Phantom behind your car? Surprised you didn't hear it :D.

Do you still have those small center caps? Put them on.
And you should make "Super L" sticker for the boot...:D

I do, two sets actually, but I still have the long studs fitted, and with unspaced steels they are too long for the base spec caps to fit on. I'm loath to cut the studs because I might need the extra length at some point.

I like the Idea of it being a Super-L, I also quite fancied it being a Super-iSh.

Yearly visit to Tangmere Military Aviation Museum up there, I dont think that phantom will be going anywhere anytime soon. If I could have my pick of the aircraft it would have been the Vampire a few metres away.

Mark, I'm so tempted to ask you for the original of that pic under the cherry trees - nice pic and very Japanese :)! Not sure if you're allowed two on the gallery. Up to you..?

Back