• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Mark's 1.0L

Boooo i have an 8-ball leave off haha.
60mm drop to come on mine i hope, it will never be this sexy though.

There's no reason why not davey, you can find ebay at www.ebay.co.uk, and your local B&Q sell angle grinders. Ok so I've done some machining to get wheels to fit, but even if I had had to find someone to do it I don't expect I'd have more than £600 in the car.

I haven't got any numbers will, just solid colours.

Hmm i had totally pushed angle grinding out of my mind but you know what as long as they're restrained properly.
Still i'm only going for about 60mm drop, any hints or cheats haha.

Sorry Davey, I hadn't seen this reply. It looks like you managed pretty well :laugh:

Here's a couple of pics from Brands Hatch on Monday night.

DSCF3630.jpg

DSCF3629.jpg

Nice pics mark. Any of the rear? And have you thought about going an inch lower perhaps ;)

Did you end up removing the rear washer jet, I did mine a bit ago as there's actually a couple of ideal sized grommets about 6" away on the inside/top of the tailgate(Y)

Only every time I walk out to the car.
:frown:

2nd hand corsa coilovers could be an option, seen a few pop-up on ebay quite cheap. Can be as low as you want then. Join us Mark:)

Now that is a cracking peice of info, nice one.

They're not nice looking grommets mind, they're dimpled iirc, but it's much better than a great piece of plastic stuck on the window. Not sure if you would call them grommets either. Or how well they hold back water(mine's covered by the spoiler from most rain).

How to make your car sound silly:

Remove back box, an slice open like a tin of sardines,

DSCF3674.jpg

Get rid of all the gumph in the middle,

DSCF3675.jpg

Badly weld in a link pipe, (I'd have used perforated if I'd had some).

DSCF3676.jpg

Pack with roof insulation - to hopefully dampen the sound a bit, and sew back up,

DSCF3677.jpg

It goes Prrrrrrp Prrrrrrp etc.

ahhhh right i have one 1.3 box lying about, better get the cutting discs out and stick welder tomoro
was thinking this from 2 days or more ago, i'm in, as spare exhaust pipes at hand too:grinning:

There was a little burning when welding - it got fapping hot of course. But I shouldn't think theres going to be enough heat to burn it from the exhaust. It's pretty much the same stuff that was in the last section anyway - you can see the remnants in the first pic.

Just how mine sounded when the innards of my box "Fell out" with the aid of a hammer.
Mine seems to be as low as yours at the front now and i wanna go lower haha.
Its so pretty looking though.

Yeah I was hoping for something a bit more subtle - but i may as well have just welded in a straight peice of pipe in place of the back box - there would have been less turbulence!

I was hoping that the stubs of perf would help a bit, thats why i filled it with glass fibre insulation.

MOT today, fail on number plate light (numpty here forgot to check that when doing all the other bulbs), steering rack gaiter, and NS track rod end. Not bad at all. Track rod end needed ordering so it will be friday PM before it goes in for a re-test. Advisories for rust on the outer sill both sides. I was kinda looking forward to loosing my body work cherry too - I bought the mig set home from work to tackle the sills - that can wait a bit now though.

Will, they are all in school and I wont be back in for the next 10 days or so, as soon as I can pick one up I'll let you know. Pretty sure I have a red made - was it that colour you wanted?

Oh no, the facelift isn't mine - but whenever I go anywhere park next to a stocker if I can - does anybody else do a lap of the supermarket car park to find one the same colour?:p

Edit - just realised when looking for a pic I'd typed preface instead of facelift - it might have confused someone.

If I could take mine further than my road I'd be "Micra spotting" a lot of the time!!

When I had it insured for one day for the Brighton meet I sat next to a stock gx (I think) the little old Indian couple looked at me in horror and disbelief at mine

In fact do you find people looking at you wondering if your suspension has broke but yet somehow your still driving it

Low and wide... The ONLY way micras should be :)

I get the occasional thumbs up from white van drivers and that sort of thing. I don't think the average micra driver notices the other cars on the road. The most anoying is when you come up behind what looks like a cool low micra until you get really close and see that its being used for celebratiy fat club cast transport.

The most anoying is when you come up behind what looks like a cool low micra until you get really close and see that its being used for celebratiy fat club cast transport.

Ha ha, ####ing myself laughing

Around Croydon it's usually a family of 15 crammed in with legs and arms out of the windows!! The 1.0 still pulls em along!!

Mark I think it's time you fitted a 1.3 :)

Low and wide is definately a good thing.
This weekend i have my fingers crossed for slots and lows! (Y)
love trying to park next to other micras too... (Y)

Shaun come here bro :) you know you want to :)

I'll fit your extended studs, coilies and have nice ham and pickle sandwich lol

?? Offer still stands as per pm :)

Shaun come here bro :) you know you want to :)

I'll fit your extended studs, coilies and have nice ham and pickle sandwich lol

?? Offer still stands as per pm :)
All i need is my boot back tomorrow and i'm there mate! need to goto some tyre fitters at some point and find some nice part worns aswell as doing everything else!

MOT today, fail on number plate light (numpty here forgot to check that when doing all the other bulbs), steering rack gaiter, and NS track rod end. Not bad at all. Track rod end needed ordering so it will be friday PM before it goes in for a re-test. Advisories for rust on the outer sill both sides. I was kinda looking forward to loosing my body work cherry too - I bought the mig set home from work to tackle the sills - that can wait a bit now though.

I finally got round to doing the work for the re-test yesterday. There was a bit of a palarver with the steering rack boot not fitting the near side of the rack, but a universal cut-to-fit type solved that. It needs tracking after having the track rod ends off both sides, but doesn't seem too far out so will have to do for now. Anyhoo it went back in yesterday and I now have "ticket" for another year. Whoo!

Like these wheels? Check out the for sale section.

Checked and :eek: I can see you getting quite a bit of interest in them. Also very curious as what you're replacing them with? So now the MOTs out of the way are you getting some more mods planned?

There's been a change of focus. I'll be keeping the car but it will be less good. Super-S Clocks and Retro steering wheel also listed in for sale now.

Come on Shaun, buy more of my wheels!

caught out ! nice one martin

WARNING Pedestrian walking too close to k11 WARNING 2 of them ! makes you sick dont it
d4b78046-0380-a985.jpg

Cheers Martin.

That was only this afternoon! I was getting a haircut.

I'll be rolling on stock steels soon. the 7's are going to a new home. :(

Back