manifold

jim_bling

Ex. Club Member
hi peeps just got my new jan speed manifold and want to put it on asap with me new exhaust can any one tell me how to do it as i am an amature to the engine part any help will be great i can do the exhaust part of it but not the manifold part is there some kind of sensor that i have to put into the manifold as it has a hole in one side and looks like there is one on my old manifold cheers much peeps

im not sure i should be giving advice as it may be slightly wrong :down: but ive judt done mine so........up to you wether u trust me (Y)

the hole in the janspeed is ur "lambarda sensor"......remove from old one or add a new one!!!

wd40 all the bolts first if they look rather dry / rusty etc!

underneath the 1st cat and between 2nd cat is a "bypass" which is best removed! 2bolts by 2nd cat and 2in 1st!

unclip the lambarda sensor!

remove all the top bolts from manifold!

slide manifold off and then drop it down!

have u got air con mate?

i had to remove the alternator to take my janspeed off as no room!!!!

napster

yearh the standard sensor goes in the hole in your janspeed.....just take it out the stndard manifold, take the stndard manifold off put the janspeed on and put the sensor in the janspeed make sure to put some exhaust paste around the gaskets and were it joins to the standard system.

thanx guys will have a bash at it tomorrow my exhaust is decated but you need a cat for the mot so where can i buy a new one from as the old one is rusty as

You guys getting much of an improvement with the Janspeed Manifold and system? I'd be doing some induction mods also if I can get a supplier that will send a manifold over here.

Aussie

you wont see a huge increase, allthough my car went from 76bhp at fly to 90.5 at fly with straight through janspeed / power flow / piper. and an hks induction kit.

my car is still running dagerously lean however.... so you will need to adjust fueling in order to make the most of the mods. you should make another 10bhp after the mods with a remap, (emanage blue should do fine) and with a fuel pressure regulator.

janspeed effect

Hi, i'm new here so i hope you will bear with me, as i can't find the Post New button, but this thread seems sort of appropriate...

My 1.0 Equation sort of gives up going up mild inclines lightly loaded in fourth. Pressing the accelerator pedal further after it's half way down has absolutely no effect - it just stays at 40 mph or whatever.

From reading various posts i have learned that acceleration comes from torque rather than power ??

Question: will a janspeed give me more torque/acceleration in this situation. Also, what is the downside if any of fitting one. Isn't the engine designed to work with the original manifold?

Sorry if i appear to know nothing about cars, but that's just because i don't know anything about cars ( i'm an electronics engineer not mechanical ).
But i hope i'm learning....

If anyone can tell me how to post new threads i'd appreciate that too
Thanks guys

Question: will a janspeed give me more torque/acceleration in this situation. Also, what is the downside if any of fitting one. Isn't the engine designed to work with the original manifold?

If anyone can tell me how to post new threads i'd appreciate that too
Thanks guys

you can create a "new thread" at the top left of browser! (in a yellow box, above first post)

the janspeed is a really good performance mod in my opinion! i have it fitted and it does provide more power / torque!!

you could add it to your 1.0L if you can find one / buy one but you could also buy a 1.3? just stating another factor

installing it, was ok, but to remove it (for mot time as it failed) i had to remove the alternator :doh: dont know why!!!

anyway hope that helped

naps

Back