Turbo Manifold

I need a turbo Manifold for my K11
Now I wonder its hard to get but is it possible to mod one for another Nissan(gtir,200sx) or one from a honda,toyota,mitsubushi set up ?(just the manifold)
Does someone can me give some info ?

No you won't be able to use one off another car. You basically have 3 options from here.

Mod a standard micra manifold. Take off the primary cat and make up an adapter plate to sit where the primary cat was and have a turbo here.

Buy a micra turbo manifold from HKS or SFX performance etc.
Custom made, expensive but gives the best gains.

is there a adapter plate for sale or is it custom made?
and what about this ??
7731.gif

7732.jpg

this what I saw on Cisco site?its a turbo Starlet manifold

Craig said:
I have been giving this a little thought, what about a starlet turbo manifold?
is the base plate the same ?
does someone has a gasket of the starlet to watch if the is wil fit or must mod. it

Unlikely to be a direct fit, but I would have thought that the cylinder spacing would not be too far off, it has a slightly larger bore however.
I am sure that there is a Starlet message board on the net and one of them will have a spare manifold that you can borrow.

Does this exhaustgasket looks like a micra ga13 ?

This one is for a honda B16, B16A2, B18, B18A, B18B

Maybe with a littel work it will fit the GA13 :)

or a TOYOTA 4AGE manifold because they make the inlet also from a toyota and mod it ....in japan

Easiest thing to do is lie to HKS europe and get a cube turbo manifold off them. No modding needed

Mike

A cube is basically a re-skinned micra. HKS offer a turbo conversion kit for the cube but not the micra, so you have to fib to them and say you have a cube to get a manifold out of them.

Mike

mike said:
so you have to fib to them and say you have a cube to get a manifold out of them.

Mike

i told them i had an imported nissan cube and it had a bolt on japanese turbo kit on it, i said i had damaged the manifold so i wanted a replacement.

so they helped me out and got a part number from hks japan, then got a price and ordered it, only waited two weeks too, air freight(sp)

indeed, how much was the said kit?....er, manifold... as i have aquired a Garrett T2 and intercooler stuff, i also now have some high flow injectors (re-flowwed standard ones) and a fuel preasure regulator........

i need some more power!!!!!!!:wasntme:

Name me anything that will do it as effecticly and as simply? :)

depends on simply, lol - okay i agree, the e-manage is the best commercially available piggy-back ecu.

however there are other solutions out there.

it depends on budget, needs, technical ability, if you will not be setting up the car, if i did not modify my own ecu's i would recommend the e-manage to someone in this situation, on budget and availablity reasons, if their was no budget i would go for a power fc or similiar.
£ for £ the e-manage is okay, but its not the best solution, especially if your going for dramatic modifications, imo

On no budget I wouldn't touch power FC! Ive used these alot and as good as they are (which they are pretty good) there is alot better :) Omex as I would say haha.

I agree about extreme mods. An e-manage blue is good for a car running upto around 150-200 (depending on stock ecu) larger injectors and with pretty modded engine, but still a street car on normal fuel. For extreme EMU is the way to go for flexibility and no limits (pretty much) changes from stock ecu. Anti-lag anyone ;) It also allows airflow meter removal, in a similar style to the D-jetro power FC.

micra_pete said:
for a power fc or similiar.

the interesting thing is, I'm nearly sorted for removing the AFM and just running the car from the TPS, and that's on a standard ecu, runs well too, still some little bits to iron out.

the standard ecu is unlimited really in its potential, the only disadvantage really i can see is expandability, things like anti-lag, extra injectors are really a no-no on the standard ecu.

thing that always concerns me with piggy-back units is the fundamental idea of altering the stock ecu externally, i know it works okay, but it still seems "crude", but i can't deny the figures on paper. as an example the k11 ecu doesn't only use the maf reading for a simple load calculation, it references it many times, something most other Nissan ecu's don't, i personally would be concerned about removing the value with an outside source.

if seen some odd readings and results when looking at piggy-backs, which is what puts me off, if your getting good power, and reliabilty though - more power to your elbow as they say.

if it was me, it'd be stand-alone every time, power fc, omex, if you must go e-manage, make your the mapper has experience with piggy-backs, would be my advice.

micra_pete said:
the interesting thing is, I'm nearly sorted for removing the AFM and just running the car from the TPS, and that's on a standard ecu, runs well too, still some little bits to iron out.

Other wise known as an Alpha-N system :) What are you doing for density (air temp) ajustments on this?

the standard ecu is unlimited really in its potential, the only disadvantage really i can see is expandability, things like anti-lag, extra injectors are really a no-no on the standard ecu.

This is where the EMU scores so well.

thing that always concerns me with piggy-back units is the fundamental idea of altering the stock ecu externally, i know it works okay,

Works very very well infact.

but it still seems "crude", but i can't deny the figures on paper. as an example the k11 ecu doesn't only use the maf reading for a simple load calculation, it references it many times, something most other Nissan ecu's don't, i personally would be concerned about removing the value with an outside source.

If you mean changing to Alpha-N then the emu generates load reference voltages on its own, allowing the removal of the MAF, it also has temp compensation for density etc.

if seen some odd readings and results when looking at piggy-backs, which is what puts me off, if your getting good power, and reliabilty though - more power to your elbow as they say.

I have has yet other than occasionally buggy software never had any issues. I have now mapped loads of 400+bhp gtirs etc.. All running very well.

if it was me, it'd be stand-alone every time, power fc, omex, if you must go e-manage, make your the mapper has experience with piggy-backs, would be my advice.

I agree standalone clearly ultimately alot better, but the cost for many is disproptional to the gains and so simply not necessary. There are exceptions. I'm fitting and mapping an Omex system to James K11 as the stock ecu is too limiting to the new engines config, and it doesnt make a nice mix with e-manage at all.

Ed

You not going to Emanange ultimate with that any more then (I am assuming you mean Turbo James?)

No, It was never the intention to do so. Stand alone is the only way to get what that car is capable of first time with minimal fuss.

is that how you get around with any protentional problems by having 2 lamda sensors? Cos if there could be probs with a janspeed manifold like people have said, wouldn't a turbo be just as bad?

I seem to recall (meaning that I am probably wrong) but Ed wassaying that the Bosch ECU didn't really get along with the e-manage and caused muchos problemos.
2 lambdas would work fine with a Janspeed I would imagine, just you need to physically put on in there.

while were on about lambda sensors, how do i go about tricking the ECU in to thinking that the 2nd sensor is getting the right readings to avoid the light coming on?

Ed said:
Spot on craig.

First time foreverything eh? :D

One way of tricking it would be to put a resistor in its place so that the voltage was always 1, or just plumb it into the janspeed (much better way)

have got 2 lamdas. once the turbo is in place,the cats getting removed unless its mot time!

maybe im being dumb, (ok i know i am)
where dya put the second lambda sensor in a turbo set-up?
can you run a 5psi turbo setup on a standard engine (eg, ecu and fuel regulator) bolt on type fitment?....then mod at a later date when funds permit?

cant you just retard the ignition and increase the fuel pressure?

i have read somewhere that if you pinch the fuel flow pipe that can fool the ecu into thinking the fuel isnt at its full pressure and it increases it.... think it was on cisco's site???

and yes....i am being dumb!

antony_aiken said:
i have read somewhere that if you pinch the fuel flow pipe that can fool the ecu into thinking the fuel isnt at its full pressure and it increases it.... think it was on cisco's site???

for this you really shouldnt skimp on cost as it is essentially what is stopping large amounts of damage from occuring within your engine. get an adjustable fuel pressure reg and you'll be fine, they are only £100.

antony_aiken said:

and yes....i am being dumb!

That absoutely WILL NOT WORK. Do not even try it unless you want major major problems..

antony_aiken said:

i remember reading something like this to, not sure where though

iirc it was the sensor pipe that was kinked or something???

yeah it was the return fuel pipe i believe, chie ran it on his for a while, swore it made a difference. Thing is, you have no idea about how much pressure is increased by, if increased at all :s

true.... blow it, ill spend all my cash on my car...lol

i have a T2 now...sat at home...looking inviting....

ooh i blew off a punto turbo earlier on today... i reached about 125 (was off the clock) and my sunroof started flapping.... haha.... and my cars bog standard....... (well its got an hks mushroom filter on it..)

so... after hks have blown me down saying that they cant supply me with a manifold.....i may have to get one made.... ££££'SSSS

he did pull away after i had started holding my sunroof on....

and it blew some black smoke out the pipes when he changed gears..... maybe it was shafted... but it was fun seing his face.!!!

should have been in my 309...even if he was fully working i would have wasted him.!!

anyone got a turbo manifold for sale.... i cant buy one from abroad as my card, maestro, isnt excepted anywhere......
######,!

ooh and i got some 14" team dynamics msport wheels today for £250 with brand new toyo's....... mmm rochford tyres...

no, there is very few people on the forum with a K11 turbo manifold. And i dont think they want to sell.

problemo solved...........get a standard micra manifold from the scrappy.....find a standard manifold from a 200sx or bluebird turbo, (something with the T2 in it) then, cut off the turbo side of the 200sx manifold, and the car side of the micra manifold.........take it to your nearest college/ university and ask the very nice lecturers in the engineering block to weld some (useless flanges together) please!

one custom made, perfect fit turbo manifold......

ps take acurate drawings of flanges....cut out lots of peices of steel bar and plate........buy some tubing......hire said lecturer from college fr a few pints and a packet of cheesey wotsits...... and make a few pennies...hehehe:wasntme:

Back