Makrakin MG Midget Blog

Makrakin08

Ex. Club Member
And here she is the new car :D picked her up today for £400 from my mate down the road, Needs a new roof as the one on its slashed to hell, Need the lights sorted and thats about it realy, Im already looking at modifications and am planning to use some twin 45 dcoh carbs on a webber manifold, lowering blocks, and minilight alloys and thats realy all i can think about doing at the moment haha, Any ways heres a picture will get some good ones up tomorow in the day light :) please leave comments :D
2003_01012008hogmanay0001.jpg

PS its a drift crazed scary machine to drive haha im terrified of it

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
that is the sex!
glad you bought it was too good a buy not to :D
ill be comming to see that beast some time in the near future :D

Please Do Not use Txt Speak On The Forums!!! Hugh

Nice One, always wanted one, 1.8 isn't it?

I've got a link somewhere for some Crystal Angel Eye headlamps for about £30 for a pair if your interested.

Its a 1.5 i think the 1.8's are an mgb roadster? they look similar but the midget is the smaller version :D , mullet you will crap youreself in this car its mental haha

Its a 1.5 i think the 1.8's are an mgb roadster? they look similar but the midget is the smaller version :D , mullet you will crap youreself in this car its mental haha

yeh, 1500 triumph engine,iirc, i had a sprite mk4 (same body, but round rear arches) 1275 engine :grinning:

Well heres some new pictures, Just bought a new car cover for it today and gave it a good wash, Got a new convertable hood coming for it next week and a new front valance :D Im starting to get the hang of it now too its soo good infact could possibly be better than the micra :D !!!!
2003_01012008hogmanay0003.jpg

2003_01012008hogmanay0005.jpg

2003_01012008hogmanay0006.jpg

2003_01012008hogmanay0009.jpg

2003_01012008hogmanay0008.jpg

My face is screwed up because the window was so hard to get up lol
2003_01012008hogmanay0004.jpg

man that looks soooooooooooooooo nice :D
also the photo to do with the window looks as if you for got there was a window there and you have went to stick your head out and smacked the window instead lol
also insurance next month (fingers crossed) so ill come and see it soon :)

They look better then the Austin Healy's...

Awesome. I want one now :(

Or a Toyota 2000GT like out of the james bond "you only live twice"

i think i can see me spending a bit of cash on this so its good for the summer :D also once the summers by ill prob sell it and see about importing an st :D

Or a Toyota 2000GT like out of the james bond "you only live twice"

that was a soft top version, theres only one ever made in the world! it was made becuase sean cornerly (carnt spell :p) couldnt fit in a normal hard top 2000gt!

it was a fake soft top, it was a dummy hood on the back lol.

The hard tops for the midget are pretty cool too, i think ima stick with a convertable hood though ( its amazing driving with the roof down haha ) Plus its gonna be funny in the summer , better get the tweeds out haha

:p curtis see once youve actualy drove it though its a completly different story lol its sooo much fun its like a go kart that just wants to go sideways all the time haha

Should be a laugh. We had a couple of B Roadsters when I was younger.

I can't see the pics at the minute (at work) but has it been resprayed? it doesn't seem quite as glossy as it should be. Just don't get any smart ideas like dropping a Metro Turbo engine in it or anything daft like that.

Yea its had a respray but it needs a final rub down with some wet and dry ( ill do that on wed night, but even at that its pretty shiney in the flesh the pictures dont do it much good lol and i dont think i will need a metro turbo engine in this chappy lol its wuick as it is for a 32 year old car lol i am going to tune it up a bit though, new outlet manifold, new inlet manifold, new carb set up, racing cam and couple of other bits and bobs

capnmchl no this car will never be tax exempt. They stopped the rolling 25years back in 1997/98 as such the last tax exept cars were 1973, pretty gutted as my car is 26years old.

Through my dad its gonna cost an additional £180 a year and thats me insuring the micra and this it works out at around £500 a year for both cars through my dad, and i dont get free tax on it but it is cheap to tax and would only need taxed for 6 months a year as its only a summer car and not an everday car :D

Thats me got a new roof for the midget :D came today £139.73 with all fittings and next day delivery well chuffed with it :D will get pictures of it when its on

Yea defo the lights on it just now are murder i would be better driving with a candle on the front of the car its that bad haha, cheers for that site its cheaper than the ones i was origonaly gonna get haha :D

Just had a few emails from people on piston heads interested in the car, i have a guy coming to see it tomorow and have been offerd £1200 i think im going to take it and get my self a metro gti :D or a swift gti :D or a corolla gti :D or a metro turbo :D or a scirroco gt2 :D god i cant make up my mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you getting rid of it already man?
if you are i think the scirroco gt2 :D yummy i do like my dubs lol
but i still think you should keep it :D

To be honest, if he's being offered 1200 for it - I think I would get rid of it too! £800 profit FTW!! (Y)

Back