• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Makrakin's K10 Blog :D

another update ( again ) these have arrived today
003.jpg

002-1.jpg

001-1.jpg

I went with the springs curtis showed me 35mm , new steering wheel and boss and a full gasket set, Got next week off work so will be starting and hopefully finish my project for then!!! will keep you all updated.

those the springs from buypartsbuy.com i believe? had those on mine damn good springs better than the SPAX ones i had too!

Yep they are so and are they realy better than spax springs? Minted :) Got my alloys today from modded micra well chuffed with them there great :D Cheers joe!!!
0012.jpg

ahh i couldnt wait as long as im happy with them, they need a good clean though haha but there almost imaculate! fantastic very happy with them! thanks again!

Fitted alloys today and with only one hand! ( cant use other hand cos 2 of my fingers are done in... ) its going for its mot at 2 o clock only needs the hand brake and 2 wiper blades from what i can find wrong with it and told the garage just to sort any other problems, Once i get it back the real work will start should be finished for end of the week maybee sunday so will keep you all posted cheers.

told the garage just to sort any other problems.

I would never tell them that...as they will try and find things or make stuff up to get money out of you, i'd just give them my phone number and say if theres anything else wrong to give me a call

Hope you dont get a bill for £400 or something like that

Well took it for its mot i get it back tomorow at 4 o clock all it needs is the hand brake sorted and reverse bulb and side indicator bulb :) total cost inc mot is £65 Bargain :)

yea they said it was out i just said replace it oh and did u see my post about teh strut braces can get them for 75 for front and 35 for back and cheaper if we get a big enough order for a group buy :D

Well folks the car got mot actualy only needed a new handrake cable and a side repeater bulb total cost £70 inc mot ;) , Fitted my steering wheel and boss today Will get pics later, also just in my carburettor adaptor plate is ready Here are some pics, My step dad made this out of machined alluminium the hole is taperd etc very good quality to be fair :)
001-3.jpg

002-2.jpg

003-1.jpg

Another update ( the last parts i need!!!!!!! ) got my k&n oil filter new timing belt and new head bolts today, Car is going in to get finished on friday should hopefully get it back by monday, also thats my insuarance and everything sorted and am now eligable for the road :p :D ( excited ) Will get some pics up at some point next week and let you all know how she is ;)

Got quoted from sky insurance for £1280.00 thats with my ban etc etc ( this was teh cheapest i could get ! everywhere was quoting me £2000 +, But my dad said he would insure me again for a year and he got it for £420.00 ( thats my xmas present lol )

Car has been sent to the garage last night to get everything apart from the outlett manifold and exhaust system on, Should have it back for thursday or friday, total cost to get everything fitted and indicator problem sorted comes to £150 :D , also i got the ported and polished head skimmed 2mm for a fantastic discounted price of £15 ;) So will have pictures and a video up for the weekend hopefully :D

No its all done properly yea its cheap becuase the guy whos doing the engine work always takes his heads to the same place and when i went in he told the garage to give me his discount with is 60% off head skimms! it should have cost £34.99 inc vat

lol i was joking ;) seems like the car is going in the right direction...went to a good home :) even if you did try and sell it :p lol

Naa i said i would sell it for a while cos i had just lost my liscence i just wanted to see what i could have got for it :D but yea its all happening Once the engine and performance is done i think its time to get this baby cleaned the way it should be Full respray etc, i just wonder what bhp will be at the end up !

Naa i said i would sell it for a while cos i had just lost my liscence i just wanted to see what i could have got for it :D but yea its all happening Once the engine and performance is done i think its time to get this baby cleaned the way it should be Full respray etc, i just wonder what bhp will be at the end up !

Get it on the rolling roads and find out ;)
Then get some twin webers and some more head work...lightened flywheel and you wont be far off my old k10 :)

I was thinking maybee twin su's in future? or a twin delarto? yea i want to take it to the rolling road after xmas then see what else i can get done, any ideas? oh and im still saving for a nos kit i want to go ahead with that too!

wizards .....all the way mate

start your journey here
http://forum.nitrous-advice.org/

thase guys and the whole community are mega helpfull even before you have bought anything....

the wizard himself (trevor langfield) is totally dedicated to educating anyone who is interested

ps...just noticed yor spark plugs.....thease are ace for long life stocking but when you go to nitrous....I would consider NGK Vgroove (close to standard...but better arc space design) a few of our fellow nitrous compadre's have 'chewed' a few of those ...

yee haa...NOS..PWAAAAAAARRRRRM (poor clutch...lol keep it in low gears and rip the rpm up....<within reason>)

join up the wizards forum and go get chatting..most of the members know their shiY

...and stop sowin your bare Anse on TV!!!

Rich

EDIT: forgot to emphasise.....stay MEGGA SAFE on the roads mate and enjoy the friuts fo your labour......collisions can be a real life-changing bummer for all...now go burn it up yip yip...BWAAAAARM! (the sound of a K10 doing things it want designed to do...lol)

Well took it for its mot i get it back tomorow at 4 o clock all it needs is the hand brake sorted and reverse bulb and side indicator bulb :) total cost inc mot is £65 Bargain :)

fkng bargain!!!

Quick update ill have the car back tomorow, Only one problem, i need to take the inlett manifold to get shortend! the guy whos doing car couldnt get it in past the bulkhead :( so i have to take it away to get shortend then bring it back to him to finish it off :) Wich makes me think, how the hell did the person that had this inlett before me get it on a micra? lol oh well

well got the car back to day and must say...... im not realy impressed, there is a slight power increase it revs alot more and thats about it, it handles great though, but all we managed to get on it at the moment is the outlet, ported head, camshaft, spark plugs, ht leads those bits and bobs, ive still to get the inlet and carb put on and a straight through, do you think itll be much better once they are on? Thanks

makrakin

that head looked like it was machined out to drop the c/r to me (for forced induction) so really a 2mm skim may have just brought it back to stock c/r ?, and maybe an st cam profile is not suited for n/a
did you advance the cam ?

no the cam was just stock from an st it wasnt advanced atall, But there is a difference in power just not great or top end, do you think once the cat is off and my exhaust is on with the inlett and 34 ich it will push it a bit better?

makrakin

i just would,nt have thought that an st cam would suit an n/a setup (ed would advise :)), and the cam would probably need advancing after that 2mm skim, as for the other parts, it,s hard to tell from the pics, but it,s some interesting testing that your doin :cool:

the inlet and carb will be a noticable improvement IMO (since the stock inlet and outlet manifolds ..and outlet ports are the most significant restrictions on from stock)....but for best N/A gains dont open up the outlet too much or you will loose too much scavenging sucktion....cat not so much difference since there is no forced induction and the gasses will be slow by the time they've reached the cat

nitrous totally...but this is forced induction...so the inlet means nothing on nitrous....but any outlet openings will benefit nitrous....(at the cost of NA / off gas driving though)

Ima just take back what i said!, after 50 miles of it having some of the stuff on im actualy realy impressed!, it doesnt have alot of power though if you put your foot flat down, but if u sink it 3/4 of the way down it pulls like mad!, much better it revs alot higher withought sounding as if its going to blow up and 5th gear actualy does something now! i think once the carb and inlet are on itll be a hell of a lot faster and once the straight through is on itll be alot more responsive, actualy impressed now!

Advance the timing on the cam! and i dont think this car has a CAT...its a non-cat exhaust system so you probably wont see any gains putting on straight through...only sound

no there was a cat in it curtis, its at the exhaust shop just now getting done as we speak :D , the guy couldnt cut the inlett and reweld it because he doesnt have an alliminium welder soo he told me off a good place and ill have to take it there after xmas as im totaly skint now and dont want to burst into my savings, but come after xmas it should be much much better will let you know how it goes after the exhaust is on today :)

no there was a cat in it curtis, its at the exhaust shop just now getting done as we speak :D , the guy couldnt cut the inlett and reweld it because he doesnt have an alliminium welder soo he told me off a good place and ill have to take it there after xmas as im totaly skint now and dont want to burst into my savings, but come after xmas it should be much much better will let you know how it goes after the exhaust is on today :)

Im about 99% sure that there wasnt a Cat on any k10 until the super s'
Can someone else clarify?

Nope...gs

It has all the extras etc, like rear wiper etc...but its still a carb with no ecu, just a standard MA12, so cant see how it would have a cat

Just a note tho, but you dont have to take my advice...If you paying quite a bit for the exhaust and also paying for a CAT or de-CAT tell them where to go as it didnt have one in the first place!

yea there was defo a cat on it, the exhasut was only being held in place on the 421 by a clip so it was easy to just take off etc for the exhaust shop, its not costing much like and its just a straight pipe no cat gettin put on etc

Ok well im still 99% that there was no cat...can you get a pic? or ask them for it back becuase in theory you could sell that for a bit...

Yea alloy scrappys buy them for 40 a pop here, ill get it back and take a picture i told them to keep it anyways as i might need it for next mot, get it back at 3 o clock

Ok mate...well when i had the car it didnt have a CAT, just the oval sliencer and middle box...so unless you put one in, i dont know where its come from!

no ive never touched the exhaust sytem mate but there is defo 100% a cat lmao i cant stop laughing bet your realy confused now :p :D

no ive never touched the exhaust sytem mate but there is defo 100% a cat lmao i cant stop laughing bet your realy confused now :p :D

Yes i am really confused lol
If someone else could confirm that the 1990 gs micra k10s didnt have cats then i'd be happy to say you are wrong :p

But i have slight doubt as its a 1.2...lol

pmsl lol your dieing to prove me wrong hehe, ill get a picture later and show ya :p

ITS SOOOO LOUD NOW :D and curtis im sorry but...... you were right :( my bad i mistaked it for somthing else haha but it has made a power improvement and is mch more responsive

ITS SOOOO LOUD NOW :D and curtis im sorry but...... you were right :( my bad i mistaked it for somthing else haha but it has made a power improvement and is mch more responsive

You have made my day :p

I knew it haha!!

I miss my straight through on my micra...does it rassssp off the top end revs when you let off?

Give it a week to settle and it'll sound lush! :D

Back