MA12 Tuning

yeah your right the manifold wasnt the problem, I had the timing checked and it was waaaay out, the vacumm hose was link to the dizzy, carb and inlet manifold, the guy who did the timing said it wasnt supposed to be connected to the inlet manifold, so we blocked off the inlet hose and connected the weber to the dizzy, set the timing at 6degrees and i took it for a test drive and it felt like 15bhp had been added! car absolutly flys now and it pulls hard from 5k to 6k and revs to 6200rpm before dieing, am gonna get the carb sorted now as the guy said it aint workin right and some hot spark plugs,

hopefully will get a cam before the pod and a rolling road results on power!!

Mark, have you got any measurements for your manifold or can you make some please? Hehe, looks like a proper engine now...

ermm what part do you want me to measure? it sounds and goes like a proper engine now!

dont think it will last long in its current state as the clutch/gearbox is grinding quite badly now!

the noise goes when the clutch is pressed in? hopefully it'll be the clutch not the gearbox

Mark said:
ermm what part do you want me to measure? it sounds and goes like a proper engine now!

dont think it will last long in its current state as the clutch/gearbox is grinding quite badly now!

the noise goes when the clutch is pressed in? hopefully it'll be the clutch not the gearbox

Yea it is - will be the central relase bearing.

could this have been caused by the clutch not being alligned properly as the clutch has only done 12k??

yep my gear box is dead,

its sticking in gears, popping out of 5th and is protesting loudly,

really disapointed and not sure if my micra will go on anymore.

anyone got a 5-speed close ratio gearbox they wanna sell me???

the tuning is being put on hold now, gearbox is ****ed so i dont know what to do, sell up or fix it?

What is the ideal bore size for exhaust manifold and complete system on a MA12 Super S. Whats the best inlet manifold to use, my car has a 32/34 weber conversion

interesting old thread lol :) the later (cat equipped) k10 exhaust mani looks like it flows a lot better than the earlier type.
and the grasstracker,s have tried all sorts of inlet mani designs over the years

Thanks for that. Mine is a 1992 cat equipped Super S. It already had the weber fitted when i got the car but ran really poor and was a bit of a bodge. Its got some power now after i've straightened out a few problems but after having 5 pulsars and more hot hatches than you can shake a stick at i need more power for future or i will be forced to replace the engine which i want to avoid if possible. I am going to be modifying a stainless manifold to fit from a similar 4 pot vehicle, along with a stainless exhaust. Is 2" 50mm diameter about right for the exhaust? What diameter tubing for the manifold would be correct? I don't want anything too restrictive nor do i want a larger diameter thats going to lose me power. Also what will ity cost to get my cam profiled and what other parts should be replaced when doing the cam? Cheers.

exhaust sounds fine eh, and autosprint or piper would reprofile your cam, i think you just have to shave some material from the bottom of the rocker pillars to get the right rocker geometry back.
a serious headskim would be top of my list tho (2mm+) now that modern fuels can handle far more than the stock 9:1 c/r ;)

Ok cheers for that. Is my Weber 32/34 ok for the job? I'll get into jetting when work begins. Handling comes first. Replacing all bushes for new genuine items unless anyone knows where i can sorce cheap poly bushes? Polo 6n coilovers if everyone agrees this is the best way to go for cost and fitment. Then watanabes or similar with proxy 13s. All this will be done this year which will make room for a bit of added bhp.

So if i rework the intake and add stainless exhaust manifold, exhaust, Weber 32/34 with correct fuel supply and a lightened fly with fast road clutch what could i expect in terms of power and speed on 13s?

Thanks

i think the stock twinchoke is 26/30 ? (DCZ306) so yours should have a higher flow eh, i think you will be hard pushed to get more than 90hp from a 2 valve carby tho personally :)

Can someone tell me what the boost sensor is for on my 92 K10 Super S. I know the ecu runs the electronic carb but i have a weber so it was unplugged when i got the car. Is that ecu capable of running much else? Cheers.

36 Webers are fine... I will change to bigger ones as soon as I am back on Germany from Japan... I miss my car. This thread is definitely something I will follow... my Micra has arround 100hp

The ECC ECU controls ignition timing by reading engine load from the MAP sensor. Without it, you'll loose some power. The ECC ecu is primitive and nothing you can do with them.

Back