Tuning parts for MA10ET?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elliot

Ex. Club Member
As I am purchasing an MA10ET engine from a Figaro later this year, I'm wondering which tuning parts were available from Japan for them.

I understand the MA10ET engine was used both in the Figaro, and the March Turbo - NOT Superturbo.

It has 76 BHP as standard, and am just wondering if HKS or any other Jap tuning company released a performance cam for it. I would also be after a HKS Induction kit, and an aftermarket Japanese exhaust.

I know the MA10ET has an Auto box on the Figaro's, but I'm going to get an uprated clutch and have a see about the box. I know it's not intercooled either.

I would think the MA10ET would be fairly quick with an aftermarket cam, straight-through SS exhaust, HKS induction kit... and the boost turned up slightly. :D

BTW, I don't want any lectures off anybody who thinks it's a waist of time.

-Elliot

If your tuning it you might want to see about getting new pistons beacuse the higher boost may fry the standard ones.
I definitly dont tink it will be a waste of time! Just get a 5 speed box put into it instead of the auto!
Good luck with it, keep us posted!

Leave that car with me give me some cash and it will have 120bhp before you know it hehehe ;) Its 74bhp standard btw... What are you going to do for gearbox?

Generally changing the cam on a Turbo engine wont make much difference when compared to the cost.
Turning up the boost, intercooling and making sure that everything else is running perfectly (no detonation) will probably give you the biggest increase for your money.
As for the gearbox, since you've obviously got no problems with mechanical work I'd just put one of the nice close ratio 5 speeds on it and replace it when it starts to jump out of gear, along with the standard clutch. You can get the boxes from breakers for nearly nothing and its only a 1 hour job. I dont know how much torque the standard clutch can take, but if it slips when new, you can reduce the width of the contact area (make the effective diameter larger) to increase the torque capacity at the expense of life. If you're changing it with the box, its life wont be a problem.

But thats my opinion.

Sounds an interesting project, let us know how it goes.
Craig

saying a cam does hardly anything to a turbo lump is rubbish,

elliot if and when you do get a ma10 turbo lump just get the original one re profiled.

A K10 Box change is not one hour! Also standard clutch would not take the torque, it would slip even if brand new.

how about a k11 nismo 1.0 clutch? would that take it?

Attachments

• post-15-1107084487.jpg
    post-15-1107084487.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 529
In theory if they do them with stronger plates it should fit and is infact a good idea.....

Ed

thought so :p i posted that btw before anyone starts thinking paul kows what he's talking about lol

Mat Krazy K10man said:
thought so :p i posted that btw before anyone starts thinking paul kows what he's talking about lol

i did wonder hehehe :p

or saying that how about a standard k11 1.0 standard new nissan clutch? no doubt thats gonna be able to take more power espically as we do have some 1.0 k11's with some decent power in the club. Might even get some more power to the wheels :D

They are the same part number as a K10 one. I would therefor say they would make no difference. But I guess you would need to try.

intresting... cos theres at least one k11 1.0 in the club that was over 70bhp red one at pod, sorry ive forgotton your name, so that shows the clutch must be able to take that much power

yeah BUT its not turbo, NA tuning is RPM tuning, turbo tuning is torque tuning. torque is what wrecks clutches.

i see ;) well anywho i shall see if i can get a resonable k11 clutch at the weekend and see it it fits who knows it might offer some improvements it might not only way to see is try :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back