MA12 tuning

I now have cbr carbs to fit as I have a spare sr20det plenum I may mod that to fit the trumpets inside for when I boost it!

you also need a fuel regulator as cbr600 carbs are gravity fed from standard and any standard pump pressure will make them leak through the jets

i have no idea on them ones, but they need to regulate the fuel pressure to about 1psi or so. on the filter king regulator you need to set it to the lowest it will go. IIRC swiftmini is gonna use one of them Sytec PRO-FLOW on his k10.

I'm gonna change the headgasket and cambelt too as I'm not sure on the condition of either as I bought it from a scrap yard! It'll be easier to work on the head with it removed anyway

c1238404-4eb6-fcfe.jpg

Need advice on a few parts
c1238419-4f84-5105.jpg

It has another one on the other side
c1238434-4fb6-0b5d.jpg
I think this is fuel in pipe?
Don't know what these pipes are for
c1238425-5001-7e81.jpg

The one I said is the fuel pipe stinks of petrol so that's definitely fuel
the plastic hard pipes not a clue
And the other random pipes not a clue

what carbs have you got? Theyre not cbr600 ones. but if bike carbs are simular, you will have:

fuel in

diaphram breather

And maybe a fuel return (if theyre pump fed)

Also since your using the k10 ignition setup theres no need for a tps so just ignore it

They are cbr600 fy carbs they are pump fed mate yeah using k 10 ignition so that's a relief! I'm thinking of cutting the old inlet off but leave some of the manifold so these can slip on. Or is that a crappy Idea?

Mine has the two pipes one between each pair of carbs. The solid pipes at either end when I blow down one, the two carb plates on the same side lift up the one on the other side lifts up the other two
There's no part numbers I can see but it has on the side
VP
KEI (strange symbol) HIN
Japan

unless later cbr600's (dunno what age carbs mine are) went to fuel pump. the carbs ive had hated any ammount of fuel pressure. I dont understand what you mean dude, can you take some good pictures of the carbs and stuff so I can help :)

c1238410-9378-77b2.jpg

That's the hard pipe there's one on each side of the unit and when I blow down it the plate inside the carb lifts
c1238413-93dd-b5da.jpg

Next I believe you have said what these are
Between carb 1&2 and 3&4 there's a little tube
c1238437-9475-4bb6.jpg

Finally the hoses
These smell of fuel
c123842e-94ac-952e.jpg

These smell of nothing but when I blew down them some greenish fluid came out normally I'd have tasted it to see if it was coolant but as I'm not sure and the consistency didn't look like antifreeze i didn't
c1238416-9531-b8b7.jpg

sorry for the late reply dude, the top picture are the vents for the throttle needle diagphrams, the 2nd picutre are the float bowl breathers (these might be returns if yours did come off a bike with a fuel pump) the 3rd picutre are fuel in but I have no idea on the 4th.

So the vents can just be left to vent to atmosphere? Theoretically the returns can just plumb into the k10 return?

unless later cbr600's (dunno what age carbs mine are) went to fuel pump. the carbs ive had hated any ammount of fuel pressure. I dont understand what you mean dude, can you take some good pictures of the carbs and stuff so I can help :)

I could be wrong but they look like 91 to 94 that kind of age cbr carbs...

tell ya the truth it shouldn't matter anyway cause they will have to have a low pressure feed id just go for that filter king regulator and just use your original pump.

i was gonna go down this route but money situation is not good at the min lol ive got all the engine in pieces at the min for head gasket and a few other bits ive decided to do and it would of been a good time to do it :doh: let us know how she runs when you get it done i might just go back to my plans if it makes a noticeable difference (Y)

i was gonna go down this route but money situation is not good at the min lol ive got all the engine in pieces at the min for head gasket and a few other bits ive decided to do and it would of been a good time to do it :doh: let us know how she runs when you get it done i might just go back to my plans if it makes a noticeable difference (Y)

It only cost me 25 quid I have to figure out how to yet lol gotta get the cg box sorted too

25 quid jesus thats cheap! ones i was looking at was anywhere from 80-170 quid just got to many debts at the minute i will get there in the end lol. have you got a cg box yet? if not i wouldnt really bother to be honest the k10 one is fine and i think the pre 98's 1.0 box's are not that different in the ratios are they? im thinking of selling my box and getting a 4 speed k10 one i here they are a shorter ratio and should be able to handle anything around 100 bhp. on saying that im dont change gear like a hammer with a bad attitude so might be able to handle a bit more

25 quid jesus thats cheap! ones i was looking at was anywhere from 80-170 quid just got to many debts at the minute i will get there in the end lol. have you got a cg box yet? if not i wouldnt really bother to be honest the k10 one is fine and i think the pre 98's 1.0 box's are not that different in the ratios are they? im thinking of selling my box and getting a 4 speed k10 one i here they are a shorter ratio and should be able to handle anything around 100 bhp. on saying that im dont change gear like a hammer with a bad attitude so might be able to handle a bit more

Yeah eBay mate there was a few around £30 cbr 600 carbs, yeah I have a cg10 box and I want rid of the 4 speed in my k10, it's flaming awful on the motorway

the standard carb can take the boost pressure from a t28 but it was too big for the engine, would only spool up with 1500rpm left

Rtl I could bum you right now!! I'm getting this done! What's with the sti walbro is that because the stock pump can't handle it??

Back