Ma10-Ma12 Swap, what about the electronic?

N

nikdev

The Ignition system is fully-electronic on the ma12, but on my ma10 (86model) i dont have that
Can i use the hitachi Dcz 306-81, coil, distubutor etc, from my ma10 and put it on the ma12??
I dont want to bring along all the electronics, the system is different right?

Or should i find a weber, From ford sierra or something like that?

My plan is to get more hp out of the ma12.
The things i have to sort out is:
Intlet manifold(I want 2xWeber...)
4-2-1 manifod, can i use one from k11? or sunny? or this:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Peugeot-106-S...999250282QQcategoryZ38786QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Head gasket and cam are also in my plans..

Or maybe the ma10 is a better starting point to get more hp than the ma12? Ed...

My plan is 70-75hp or more:)

The later MA10's (Post facelift?) had electronic ignition, whereas the pre ones used points i believe. Im not too clued up on this unfortunatly! I know you could get weber carbs for the Ma10/Ma12 but i dont know if they're compatible with pre-facelift K10's! Im sure someone else can help out :)

The MA10 block is stronger than the MA12 so you could probably get away with modding it a bit more. Unfortunatly the parts are custom and expensive and the gains might not be worth the costs! Mark's modding up the MA12 engine at the moment (not sure what's next) but might be worth keeping an eye on his progress with cams and things

You've got to use the dizzy from the MA12 as the 2 engines have different ignition setups. You might mean the ECC which was an emission control system found on later MA12 engines. From what I've heard you're better off finding an engine without all that stuff as it's hard to remove. Details of the ECC system are in the Haynes manual.

The carbs have different jet sizes for the different engine sizes so you could do with swapping them I think, though someone (Slim?) was going to try an MA10 carb to see if it went any better but can't remember the outcome.

Otherwise I believe all the electronics are there. I've done the swap with a non ECC engine & it all just connected up. I just had to cut some of the connector blocks off the new engine as they were a different design but everything else is fine. Still running on an MA10 dizzy and acceleration is fine but top end is around 80-85 and the engine sounds like it's starting to suffer from coking up...

Hope that helps. :)

Back