Lou-doggs k11 micra..

Update!

Firstly i decided on cutting my springs..i know its not the safest method of lowness but its my car and my desicion so please refrain for giving me some hammer for doing it :grinning: ... been on the lookout for some new wheels to smarten the car up and decided i wanted some mk2 golf GTI steelies after seeing them on a good friends polo! heres some pics..!

Just after we finished..settled down a teenie tiny bit since this pic but still looking hot stuff.. :blues:
IMAG0115.jpg

Bought some spot lights aswell for the fun of it cause they were cheap and then whacked some rally bulbs in them! (not planning on using, only in a case of extreme darkness) not fancying the police having my pants down for having them turned on...
IMAG0124.jpg

These are the wheels on my mates 6n polo!
IMAG0110-1.jpg

Picked mine up today and got them for freeee..YAY! mega win as one of my dads friends whos got 10 VWs had them nocking about! :grinning:
IMAG0125.jpg

IMAG0127.jpg

Getting 4 new tyres regardless so thinking of having abit of stretch on the for the look and hopefully then will fill my arches a tiny bit more that my 13s do cause they look abit lost in my arches at the mo!

Lastly! need some inspiration for what colour to refurb my wheels! i was thinking gold/same colour red as the car centre caps because its different and havnt seen gold steelies before but im open to ANY suggestions that will look different..

cheers, Louis

do you realise how much danger you are putting you and other road users in with cut springs? who would be stupid enough to do that :laugh::laugh::laugh: nar man mate it looking sweet, now that its going somwhere i think you need to loose the stickers. look abit tacky imo. keep it up though ;)

yeah, gold steelies with the red (same colour as car) centre caps... would look awesome.

fancy doing a couple of wing mirrors in checkered vinyl for me.....i would pay of course!! :D

Louis don't forget to seal up the holes Nissan kindly built into our cars that fill the sills with water..Have a scrape around at the right angle corner where the rear inner arch meets the underbody,right above the end of the sill.3mm x 3mm ish..
Edit..Just noticed the new pictures,Cars coming on now,looking good.Enjoying the vinyl experiments.
Gold will go well with the colour of your car..I've got a set of rims here waiting for some treatment for mine when I get some time..

Firstly, cheers for the comments guys..

Started with the wheels today after work..this is the condition there in..
IMAG0128.jpg

After sanding!
IMAG0130.jpg

IMAG0131.jpg

Decided to be brave and go for spraying the wheels gold, not much progress so far just been sanding the wheels ready for paint..dont get payed untill friday..will post some pics up when there finished!

Change of plans with the wheels..

Turns out im not going to paint them because i can get them powder coated for less than its going to cost me in paint!

win..

just wondering if anyone has got anymore colour suggestions before they get sent away!

Im still feeling gold..:)

ford graphite grey, white or a shiny copper colour would be different and could work with a copper exhaust, tow thing at the front aswell, etcccc

or bronze even...be different ;)

Gold FTW! And definately keep the stickers, looks superb in my opinion, nice to see somebody doing something a little different (Y)

Cheers for the comments..all much appreciated!

Been so undesicive with choosing a colour i know toyota do a nice copper colour or the broze colour that you can get the 350z is decent aswell...then one of the lads at work suggested impreza gold and ive been thinking gold ever since, im going to stick with that i think..just dont want them black and normal looking..blacks smart but its not my thing need something thats big pimping ;)

how did you do the centre consol? very interested in giving it a dab myself... cheers mate keep us posted i desperately need to liven my interior up

how did you do the centre consol? very interested in giving it a dab myself... cheers mate keep us posted i desperately need to liven my interior up

mate its easy peasy.. grab some pva glue and a chosen comic..cut bits of your comic up that you want on your centre console..whack a generous amount of pva on your console then put your cominc on (might have to hold for a few seconds so it mouldes round the bends, sounds daft but depends of type of paper the comic is makde from) then pva glue over that top of that and layer it up..paper mache style..when youve finished it all.. cover it with a layer of semi- watered down pva, the pva glue will dry clearregardless and kinda seal it in...after its all nice and dry grab a can of clear laquer from halfords or wherever else and cover it with a few layers of laquer to make it alot shinier (if you decide to cut bits our like the bits that mover your heaters and other fiddly bits do it before you laquer it or there a chance your laquer will crack and make it harder to cut out)

Sorry for the essay mate.. hope this kinda helps

Not much progress on the micra.. got some ideas though!!

Im thinking mk2/mk3 golf gti arches and spaced out wheels? wonderd what peoples opinions were?? might need to go lower to pull if off though.. any maybe some wider wheels :S

Finally sent the wheels off today to get powder coated!!!!.. stuck with the gold choice..might be up to 2 weeks before there done but there getting done for mega cheap so im not complaining at all..

Will post some pics up when i get them back!

Cheers, Louis

Picked these centre caps up for the wheels the other day from one af the lads at work who had them kicking about! Got one on the back of my wheels in one of the pics above! picked the other 3 up and they were abit batterd so ive decided to give them a lick of paint because i had some spare time..just need to get my steelies back now :)

They went panther black in the end!

IMAG0157.jpg

IMAG0156.jpg

Cheers for looking, Louis

Love the paper mache, how have you gone about increasing the centre bore on the wheels? or are you just going to fit spacers?
Got a set of VW/BMW Mims to fit but need to get the bore increased from 57mm to 60mm.

Love the paper mache, how have you gone about increasing the centre bore on the wheels? or are you just going to fit spacers?
Got a set of VW/BMW Mims to fit but need to get the bore increased from 57mm to 60mm.

cheers for comments guys..if im honest i cant wait either!! like a kid waiting for santa to come early..:)
And i think im just going to spacer them because of the centre bore! unless i can get them machined for cheap spacers will do! dont drive fast or dangerous..so its the semi-low and slow approach..especially with the cut springs!

We sell them at work so i think im going to grab some when i get the wheels back from being powder coated,jack the car up and see what they look like! then just need 4 new tyres and im ready to rock and roll!

No progress since my last post! need at wait for this ducking snow to melt so i can get my wheels back! got an idea for my damaged drivers side door aswell which includes vinyling the whole door with a picture of the inside of the door, will be revealed when all is done! need to wait till this crap snow clears off! :(

STILL on the hunt for comic book vinyl sould be getting sorted this week hopefully if i can get hold of the dude who can do it for me! im comic strip vinyling my whole driverside door as its got an annoying ding in it so im going to push most of it out and have a full comic strip vinyl door!! FTW!!

Any ideas on what comic to have im open to allllllllllllllllllllllllllll suggestions im thinking along the lines..captain america or iron man, was gunna go dragonball z but im unsure haha!!

Wheels and vinyl door will happen!! just as case of when i get my wheels back and in contact with the vinyl dude. :)

All comments welcomed!

haha tranformers would be epic! waiting to hear back from vinyl place and about my wheels tmorrow so fingers crossed get them both sorted by then end of the week! saw a nissan cube with a tranformers badge on the back in place of the nissan badge, looked pimping!

what it is is that to print an image onto vinyl i think the company needs the document on photoshop, so as soon as i get the heads up to what document and what size it needs to be i can have pretty much anything if its a high enough resolution to be blow up to fit on my door, just need to wait to see what they say tomorrow! so hopefully i can let them know as soon as, gunna go transformers i think! just need to get it done!!!!!!!

Im after one at the min i tried sending sr_steve a pm but his inbox is full! ahhh well!

Wheels are finally finished! just need to get them back and have tyres put on them im sweet!!!!! thank god!! got my images ready in photoshop for them to be put on to vinyl and have it on the outside of the drivers door! hopefully get it sorted by thurday! get it all posted up when its on!! looking forward to things coming together!

Progress

Got the wheels back today and trial fitted them to see what i would need..turns out ill need about 10mm spacers all round and run some stretch or the wheels will poke out too much! ill also need some extended wheel bolts, and where to get them from? can get spacers from work..was thinking about running 165/55/14s to give me a bit of stretch becauce they wont be that far off, anybody got any other ideas about the wheels bolts or stretch to run? all comments will be appreciated dudes :)

Heres some pics..powder coating for all 4 wheels came to a grand total of 20 squid :) WIN...

IMAG0168.jpg

IMAG0167.jpg

With centre cap..
IMAG0172.jpg

First wash since its snowed, got some high definition wax so i thought id wax it aswell, took me duckin ages cause it was that filthy!! test fitted the wheels aswell going to need some spacers but apart from that there ready to rock and roll, got near enough 8 turns on the nuts finger tight so there more that safe with the spacers and also once ive got tyres cause ive ran out of money! :/ heres some pics.. door vinyl to come next!

IMAG0177.jpg

IMAG0178.jpg

With a friends wheels on which are the same :)

IMAG0183.jpg

IMAG0189.jpg

Laquered the whhels tonight, thought it would be rude not to :) heres some pics, went and took some pictures with the bro and a friend, will upload pics inawhile..

IMAG0193.jpg

IMAG0192.jpg

Went out and took some photos with my identical twin brother and a friend, only took a few, here they are, all comments welcomed..

Thats my twins yaris T-sport, mine, Friends Fiesta ST..
DSC_0182.jpg

DSC_0177.jpg

Mine and twinnys shed
DSC_0184.jpg

Few of mine..
DSC_0180.jpg

DSC_0189.jpg

DSC_0138.jpg

Forgot to wash my wheels aswell haha, would look so much better with the gold wheels on!!

Those wheels look great, I go without caps, but it might be cool if you smoothed the VW logo and ran with them - maybe in a contrasting colour?

Why dont you ask a mod if this can move to the proper place - is that possible here?

Thanks much appreciated, i was going to go the same clolur as the car but then decided to go black, got a oic abit further up,dunno if you think theyd look better in a different colour? and i should do really i thought id started it in the wrong place :S

Love your driving lights, did you took pictures when you fitted those? Any info or ref would be appreciated :p
Thanks
Seb

Love your driving lights, did you took pictures when you fitted those? Any info or ref would be appreciated :p
Thanks
Seb

Unfortunately i didnt take any pictures matey sorry! all i did was position them under the bumper where i wanted them and drilled a hole for the bracket that holds them on, its only a bolt that goes upwards with a nut on the other side, i drilled up into the thick bit of plastic under the bumper as the lights weigh next to nothing :) mine need a tiny bit of ajustment as they point upward a tiny bit, may need to take abit of the slats away in the lower grille because the back of the unit rests on them and thats what is causeing them to point up abit,,hope this makes sense, sorry if it does, i should have took pics :/

Thanks Louis, do you have the item number to find them? and what about the wiring?

This is all the info i got today at work from another set we had, there called : ring automotive road runner rectangular fog lamps, the ring automotive part number is : RL023 i got mine from halfords and the item code for halfords is 633 438, dont know if this helps, and you can buy a wiring kit called ring fast fit kit also made by ring, hope this helps mate, sorry if not..

cheers

alright there lou looking good! i was just checking up on the vinyled beast and read that you can get spacers from work? do you reckon you could do a price for me and what sizes you can get?
pm if you can if not ill check back here :D

alright there lou looking good! i was just checking up on the vinyled beast and read that you can get spacers from work? do you reckon you could do a price for me and what sizes you can get?
pm if you can if not ill check back here :D

Heyup mate, cheers for the love, i work at halfords mate so the only spacers i can get look something like this:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_715019_langId_-1_categoryId_165464

and come in 9.5mm 5mm and 3mm, dont know if this helps! hope it does

Cheers

You can get wider spacers though, and halfords fitting for £40!! oh dear :glare:

True you can, but ill only be after the 9.5mm ones and will asked about the ones we did so i replied and ill admit were massively overpriced but i dont make the prices i only work there ;)

Back