Lou-doggs k11 micra..

True you can, but ill only be after the 9.5mm ones and will asked about the ones we did so i replied and ill admit were massively overpriced but i dont make the prices i only work there ;)
Haha! what do you need spacers for? your steelies?

yeah i do mate its because the centre bore of my steelies is smaller that on my car, so i need to spacer the wheels out so the wheel can sit up agint the spacer and not try and go over the hub, so i dont damage my wheels :)

yeah i do mate its because the centre bore of my steelies is smaller that on my car, so i need to spacer the wheels out so the wheel can sit up agint the spacer and not try and go over the hub, so i dont damage my wheels :)

*Yoda Voice* :suspect: hhhhmmmm! Confused I Am. :suspect:

the centre bore of the VW steelies are too small, so when i tighten my wheels nuts up i dont want to try and pull the wheel over the centre of my hub and damage it..hence the need for the spacer to bridge the gap and eliminate the centre bore being too small, so the wheel sits up against the spacer :)

the centre bore of the VW steelies are too small, so when i tighten my wheels nuts up i dont want to try and pull the wheel over the centre of my hub and damage it..hence the need for the spacer to bridge the gap and eliminate the centre bore being too small, so the wheel sits up against the spacer :)
Ah gotcha! forgot you were rolling Vw wheels. :p

Picked the damaged front bumper up from Eliot today!
Would like to say thanks and sorry that I had to rush off, got abit of stuff to do today!

Anyways thanks again Eliot (Y)

Got on with repairing the bumper i picked up today from eliot! (thanks again Eliot) (Y)

Got a few cracks here and there but nothing too major at all..her some pics of progress so far...

IMAG0209.jpg

IMAG0211.jpg

IMAG0205.jpg

Cracks..Top ones worst than bottom...

IMAG0207.jpg

IMAG0208.jpg

Fibreglass backing so i can then skim over with filler and start sanding (Y)

IMAG0221.jpg

IMAG0220.jpg

Going to do another thin layer of fibreglass to back sure ive got everyhwere then get on with the filling and prepping friday when im off from work!

Any comments appreciated or if anyone has any tips, im not amazing at bodywork but fairly confident :)

Cheers, louis

Good Rescue Mitch Bucchanon !

That's basically what I did with my black cracked super s front bumper, tho I first filled cracks with some mastic and then applied the fiber glass from behind like you did. Don't worry to add several layer, more and more larger if possible.

Now await you the harder of the task: find some Super S pods to fit the bumper ! Best option IMHO would be to mod regular pods bought in a scrapyard.

Cheers

Seb

Link that may helps you :
http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/407...ithout-bumper-bumper-can-be-fitted?highlight=

may i suggest somethignf rom repairing many cracked bumper!

that may shill split and show through your best bet would be to heat up a screw driver or something and basically melt the plastic back together.... even its its just on the surface it will make it much stronger

Cheers guys! Just out of interest if I've Fibreglassed the back of the crack so its solid should it still need heating because once its filled it won't really flex for the filler to crack? Thanks for the tip anyways I'm just curious to if its a must or not? And yeah I just heated it up and pushed and moulded it back into shape, there's a few tiny creases but I'm going to lightly fill it and smooth it off..

well its always best because if you tap the bumper at any point and the flexes it is push the filler out as the crack is still theree etc id do it but its upta you mate

Got abit more on the bumper done today, melted the edges of the cracks together, cheers will930 for the tip (Y) go abit more filling and sanding to do till i prime the bumper but hopefully will have it painted tomorrow, its going satin black and im going to get a rear black bumper and paint that satin aswell..few pics along the way..

Melting...
IMAG0223.jpg

Sanding...
IMAG0225.jpg

Filling...
IMAG0237.jpg

Sanding some more...
IMAG0245.jpg

IMAG0248.jpg

Bit of primer on to see if theres any imperfections..
IMAG0257.jpg

IMAG0251.jpg

Cheers louis

Still needs a tiny bit more filler where theres been a few tiny imperfections when i sprayed abit of primer on to see but heres how it stands, cant be arsed to do anymore tonight so im going to finish it tomorrow :)

IMAG0278.jpg

IMAG0280.jpg

IMAG0277.jpg

Ace little car! Really liking the centre console (Y) looks nice and insurance friendly. On that subjuct, any ideas what the insurers think of stickerbombing/vinyls etc?

Ace little car! Really liking the centre console (Y) looks nice and insurance friendly. On that subjuct, any ideas what the insurers think of stickerbombing/vinyls etc?

Cheers mate, im not sure to be honest mate i cant see it adding to your premium cause its not a colour change or a performace upgrade obviously haha so im sure its nice and legal :) hope so anyways haha mines got quite abit on it!

No probs! car looks very fitting with the fogs in the car park (like in your avatar). was running a square bumper for a little while (all be it an emergency one made of paper :wasntme: )

Might seem a silly question guys but to remove the front bumper is it just a case of the 2 bolts under each headlight and then the 2 on the far edge of the bumper into the wing? Can I just remove the front grill to gain access?

another p;roblem! cant get the headlight out because the screws have seized up, how the #### do i remove the washer bottle? took both bolts out but it wont move! is it clipped into the body?

cheers

Rant over sussed it in the end ;)

heres some pics!

IMAG0282.jpg

IMAG0283.jpg

IMAG0284.jpg

IMAG0285.jpg

Getting there! just need to finish painting then put the car back together, hopefully quicker than i took it apart...

Impressive fast and quality work!

I had the same problem with the right headlight screw, when I tried to unscrew it, it turned endlessly... had to cut the grey plastic to be able to entirely remove the screw thread, which was turning along with the screw when I was screwing/unscrewing.

So how did you cope with the bumper brackets Louis ?

Cheers for the comments guys.. from the beginning I decided I didn't want fogs in the bumper so I made the bumper fit the car if you look closely I've had to cut part if the bumper away where the fogs sit on either side..you can't see.it once the bumpers fitted to the car :)

Finished the bumper off tonight! just finished painting it satin black gave it 3 coats and some heat gun action for a while.. going to leave it till tomorrow late afternoon to fit it after more heat gun action..anyways dudes heres some pics!

IMAG0292.jpg

IMAG0291.jpg

IMAG0293.jpg

Thanks for looking! just need to get wheels on end of the month, got the spacers sorted aswell :)

All back together :) going to leave it till tomorrow to take the car out to drive again just to give the paint abit longer to dry..not that it will make much difference should have left it a few days it the housewhere its warm but im impatient :)

IMAG0296.jpg

IMAG0297.jpg

Next job is to find a plastic rear bumper, not botherd if its not a super s one and paint that satin black, aswell and putting the wheels on :)

I'm not fitting the old ones mate there in the garage if you want them you can have them with the wiring for a tenner if you pick them up, pm me if your interested dude

sheffield is a bit far really sorry unless you can get them in the post maybe inside a shoe box with some news paper and well taped together lol....

how did you have them wired?

Didn't realise you were so far away mate, if you give me a couple of days i can get you a price posted if you want? I'm working a lot till Friday that's all mate bit short on spare time..

First day off in a while! didnt have anything to do on my car, next thing to go on is tyres for my wheels that are DEFINATELY going on next month when i get payed, started collecting parts for something i may be doing to my 1ltr spesh for the sh**ts and giggles just need to collect some more parts over time :) so decided to help a brother out with some plans on his car, pictures are pretty self explanitory, took us an afternoon! thanks dudes!

Painted his TOMS bumper up for him first..which he picked up this morning...
IMAG0325.jpg

IMAG0339.jpg

Then got down with the sickness on his intercooler :)
IMAG0342.jpg

IMAG0340.jpg

IMAG0355.jpg

IMAG0353.jpg

IMAG0358.jpg

Not too difficult a job either :)

Cheers for looking..

looking good matey why dont you colour code the bumpers etc?

the only reason is that i prefer black bumpers mate, im vinyling across the wing along the sills then back across the rear quarter and painting the rear bumper black aswell :) then the wheels are going on with the black centre caps :)

not a black car mate, imagine if you drew a straight line across the front wing from the bumper to where it meets the door? im vinyling that black the the sills black then the same concept on the back, so it looks like the bumper goes across into the wing? ive probably confused you more haha!

that kinda thing just not all the way across, abit like this...

p11.jpg

Not going to do the doors instead just do the sills then the rear wing the same as the front with the black meeting the bumper :)

Well with the rust that has crept up the side of my car i may have to follow you on this lol Just on one side though :p

Well with the rust that has crept up the side of my car i may have to follow you on this lol Just on one side though :p

haha if i had rust id have done the same mate ;) mines not got much rust at all which is quite suprising! im trying to get hold of some satin looking vinyl cause all the place i get mine from only do gloss which i think would look abit poo poo :/

Back