Lou-doggs k11 micra..

Hey guys!

Been on here looking for a while and have only just got round to joining as a member! I bought my k11 micra for 200 quid not long back (as ive managed to demolish 2 saxos :/ whuups)..the cars only done 38,000 miles so it runs sweeeeeet as a nut! its my favorite car so far by miles! heres some minor mods ive done so far..tryna keep it cheap budget modding FTW...(Y) (sorry about the crappy phone pics..)

2010-07-23_182647.jpg

2010-06-30_195032.jpg

Been cleaned and polished since this pic..looks abit shabby..
2010-07-20_165745.jpg

Cheers for looking guys..all comments welcomed!

Some more pics

got my paper mache game on one day through boredom..
2010-08-07_190746.jpg

some pics i took tonight...
IMAG0013.jpg

IMAG0012.jpg

IMAG0014.jpg

Got the car booked it for the roof to be vinyled black this week and the going to get on with some slammage when the funds allow :)

paper mache the whole car!! unless there stickers then do that instead

Haha there stickers! had a few kicking about and stuck them on in boredom then decided it i was going to do it all so it was a 12 pounds ebay spesh for 20 sheets! im undecided wether do anymore or just leave it..ive seen an mx5 in banzai which looks like its had stickers stuck on its splitter which looks ace..might grab a laguna splitter and have a bash at that..

be there all day to do the car took me long enough just for the wing! haha luckily not..the nanan i bought it off did a pretty good job of looking after it! im sure one day it happen with how many random things i do to the car..

Nice, your filter install is very neat. A set of 30mm springs'll only run you £80 and make a real difference to looks and handling (Y).

Cheers for comments guys.. I'm looking to get hold of a set of 60mm if I can cheapest I've found is about 170 quid! In need of a panhard rod if I go that low! Having roof done black Friday..keep you guys updated..

Love the stickers, i say the whole car!!! :) What size sheets did they come in from ebay?

They came in A4, you got 20 sheets..but they came from thialand so it took a good few days for them to arrive! I had to peel them off individually aswell which was abit of a pain! thinking about getting a SR front bumper so think instead of spraying it to match my car its getting covered in stickers aswell! (Y)

Where abouts you from mate.. to sort picking it up/if i was to pay you extra to send it? if its close or not too expensive to post ill have it!!

Semi-progress....

Having the roof vinyled on friday and needed to sort the roof out before it going in due to the previous owner parking the car under a tree! the tree sap had taken the laquer off and left a noticabe step in the paintwork that would show through if i had it vinyled on top of! anyway sorted it now ready for friday! YAY!

From this....
IMAG0023.jpg

IMAG0020.jpg

IMAG0018.jpg

To this...

IMAG0026.jpg

Also made myself a new gearknob! seen a dude on here do it first but cant remember who it was (sorry)

IMAG0016.jpg

Just abit of an update before the car goes in friday!

Update!!

After having the vinyl done friday..i decided to checker my wing mirror in some left over white vinyl i had lying about! only got 1 pic though!

60242_10150271678930414_762315413_14807778_3849061_n1.jpg

All comments welcome :)

Small update!

Another morning of boredom and decided to give the black tape eyebrows a makeover! found out the last of the white vinyl and got cutting! just abit of fun..hope you guys like it!

IMAG0034.jpg

IMAG0036.jpg

Desperately needs some slammage!!! waiting till i get payed some decent coin one month from work then im ordering the lowest springs i can! hopefully 60mm just for the look!

keep you guys updated when the time comes!

All comments welcome :)

Interested in how the vinyl came out..can you do a couple of close ups?Cheers..
Have you considered cutting a couple of rungs from your existing springs?Need spring compressors & a mini grinder,not a hard job & you can spend the money you saved on some secondhand alloys...

Have you considered cutting a couple of rungs from your existing springs?Need spring compressors & a mini grinder,not a hard job & you can spend the money you saved on some secondhand alloys...

I'll btake some pics tmorrow mate and post them up! the results depends on how neat or steady your hand is at cutting haha! i used scissors but i think using a guilotine would be more presice! I'd definately cut come coils of my springs but i just dont want it to be dangerous or anything like that i think id rather spend the money on some springs that fit..if it was safer or anyone knows how to make it safe ill have a bash, i havnt really looked into it to be honest..

On the alloys front id love to put some renault speedline turbines on the micra but i dont know if they fit/or if anyones put them on before..think theyd look ace!

@ Louis..Yeah I've had a go at tint film in the past & failed miserably.Bubbles,debris,& the windows done in my truck have all gone crinkly in the sun after 2 years!
Regarding the springs you can get 50mm ish without them falling out of the cups..We've chopped loads more off & they only come out when car has been jacked up (you have to guide them in as you lower the jack)& once when I parked the car on a very uneven surface...or if you're likely to drive the car so 1 wheel leaves the road.
Not encouraging you to do this this mod..It's an option that lots of us have done (for 20 years lol) with no drama.
Check this link,you can find which wheels from other cars will fit your car.
http://www.carlsalter.com/wheel_fitments.html

@ Louis..Yeah I've had a go at tint film in the past & failed miserably.Bubbles,debris,& the windows done in my truck have all gone crinkly in the sun after 2 years!
Regarding the springs you can get 50mm ish without them falling out of the cups..We've chopped loads more off & they only come out when car has been jacked up (you have to guide them in as you lower the jack)& once when I parked the car on a very uneven surface...or if you're likely to drive the car so 1 wheel leaves the road.
Not encouraging you to do this this mod..It's an option that lots of us have done (for 20 years lol) with no drama.
Check this link,you can find which wheels from other cars will fit your car.
http://www.carlsalter.com/wheel_fitments.html

Cheers for the website should come in handy when choosing some wheels! in that case might make a trip to the local scrapper to see how much for the set of springs and take some coils off..then atleast ive still got the standard one to put in that ride like a boat haha..if they want alot for them i think ill just stick to saving for some springs for it and pop those in instead..

Hope these pics help out mate give me a shout if you want me to take a few more..think im gunna get some more white ordered and checker my standard airbox and could air feed to jazz the engine bay up abit! nice to see what you guys would think..

cheers..

IMAG0041.jpg

IMAG0042.jpg

IMAG0039.jpg

IMAG0040.jpg

IMAG0043.jpg

Small update!

Been on the hunt for a splitter for the micra..been looking for a while and wanted someting abit hefty on the front..was going to bite the bullet and try and bodge a new focus rs splitter on the front but then came across my aunties renault laguna looking like it wanted a makeover/facelift so i asked her and she gave me the splitter for free :) WIN...

A few pics!
IMAG0051.jpg

IMAG0050.jpg

Then i got my warning tape game on!! really need to get some police tape intead but warning tape will do..

59707_1592265017268_1555175109_1412437_2867297_n1.jpg

33739_1592251216923_1555175109_1412408_2887113_n1.jpg

You should start doing these funky items and selling them......I for 1 would buy a paper mache centre console and maybe the chequerd wing mirrors......i dont have the time or skill to pull anyting like this off.

PM me

Wow I got a 1.3 s and chopped springs rides like a dream and put camber bold on ur car is looking very nice keep up the ideas coz it's doing the job I have a bit or rust on my front wing and was going to Mary black it but now I've seen yours I might sticker it lol got rid of my steelies and chucked Clio / renuault 19 alloys on mine

Lol never knew you was from Sheffield you ever seen my green Micra flying around ? With my mate sarge White turbo Micra

Lol never knew you was from Sheffield you ever seen my green Micra flying around ? With my mate sarge White turbo Micra

Whats it like mate your green one? ive seen a green one kicking about before but not sure if its yours or not? yeah ive seen the white one before used to see it alot when i first passed my test but havnt seen it in ages..its epic his white one..has it still got flourecent wing mirrors and door handles?

ive sold mine on now its green with black alloys and really loud

the white turbo 1 hes now taken off road to rebuild its mad now has nos

na its got black mirrors now lol

ive sold mine on now its green with black alloys and really loud

the white turbo 1 hes now taken off road to rebuild its mad now has nos

na its got black mirrors now lol

seen your old one mate know the lad who bought it..sounds mint that sould be rapid once its done!

IDEAS!

Need some new ideas guys!

Apart from the pure bliss that is going to be deckage of the micra next month im all out of ideas! anyone got any can be crazy as and ill see if i can make it work!

All comments appreciated :)

IDEAS!

Need some new ideas guys!

Apart from the pure bliss that is going to be deckage of the micra next month im all out of ideas! anyone got any can be crazy as and ill see if i can make it work!

All comments appreciated :)

I got some crazy ones... but am keeping them for myself! :D
watch programs like 'Custom my Ride' given me loads of inspiration. (Y)

Update!

Been looking into vinyl more and more and decided to get some myself and have a bash today at some things ive fancied doing for a while! Im after comic strip desperately but still need to make some phone calls to see if i can get hold of some..one for the near future guys! so black and while will do for the time being! possibly one of the most tedious things ive had to go is cut squares individually out of a big sheet of vinyl..well worth it in the end though!! Pics.....

First did the spoiler..
IMAG0065.jpg

IMAG0064.jpg

Then removed the petrol cap and wrapped it in white...then layed black squares over the top..

IMAG0069.jpg

IMAG0076.jpg

Then moved on to doing Mattys ST fiesta...afew pics to show what we did..RS lookalike grille and bonnet..

IMAG0073.jpg

Mirrors...

IMAG0075.jpg

All comments (including hatred for the fiesta ;) ) are welcomed :)

I Hate Rust......

Among other car related things i had planned today i decided to tackle the one area of rust that my micra had which was on the b***ard sill!! and as i expected reavled some nice rot and rust..mmmmmmmm nice...as i was sanding, a nice big hole decided to appear aswell..GOOD ONE! got some pics to show....having a plate welded in tmorrow at the local garage for 50 quid so its not too bad just abit of a kick to the nackers thats all!

Hole...
IMAG0088.jpg

+ More rust on the same back corner...
IMAG0089.jpg

The front of the sill on the bad side is mint! so got the undearseal out on the opposide side...
IMAG0091.jpg

i had a bubble up on my sill too that sand paper thing true
i hit the buble up with the GRINDER wahay, i was delighted after that

No More Rust!!!!

Had the car welded and sorted today!wallets 50 pounds lighter which im not too happy about but its sorted for the time being! just need to grind the excess weld off and get it filled, primed, painted then undersealed..will do friday on my day off..got zinc primer on for the mo!

IMAG0098.jpg

Fixed the sill up today and painted it got no pics...needs undersealing tmorrow!

Thought id post a few pics of the car up i took..got myself a new favorite sticker...

IMAG0105.jpg

IMAG0107.jpg

IMAG0108.jpg

cheers, louis

Back