Micra K11 Overheating and Radiator questions

Hey guys, not been on in a while, bought a focus a while ago, a white mk1 1.8 chipped, nice car, quick but the gearbox went, rusted to bits, and other issues so had to pickup something cheap, of course i defaulted to a micra k11, another 1.0, this time in that slightly woozy bluey/greeny colour, that every teacher has. It has a few issues, mainly brakes,which ive just about done, bulbs, exhaust all done, new gaskets and all. my issue atm is overheating, my car started overheating and billowing steam, i discovered this was because the radiator was leaking, so i patched up the radiator, plastic welded it, was better but still leaked so i bought a new one....for.....£30....yeah, its not top notch but its new and doesnt leak. only problem is its much thinner than the old "Nissens" one but also longer, by maybe a third or not far off, ive had to modify/adapt it to fit, had to modify some hoses, tuck it under the topmost crossmember, only problem is its not mounted at the bottom into the mount points, but its secured solid, the top mounts are held down by the uppermost crossmember and the bottom sits snug in the bottom crossmember, ive also ziptied it tight. its clearance to the cat is perfectly acceptable. the mount points on the new radiator are wider than old, so it had to be this way. i just have a couple questions.

Will this pass an mot? i have an mot to pass.
Will the car run cooler/too cool?
Taking into account i have done the waxstat delete?
There is no oil in the coolant, no coolant in oil, no gunky crap in cap, sparkplugs werent washed clean, they were actually black and sooty, not oily i think but more overfuelling. so i think its safe to assume for now theres no headgasket issues. i dont know how long the previous owners ran the car like this but eh....i got the car for £80 :O cant moan. its a k11 its probably fine.

so what do you guys think?

Thanks

Hi,m.o.t states it has to be secure,so long as it can't be moved its fine,we race micras and found them to perform better when using larger radiators,hope this helps

Back