Knockhill - April 7th

Just got to figure out how to get there, I'm prity sure that Orly airport is closest to Blizzard in Velizy. Know of a route planner site for Fance but in english?

I would say that it, is on topic, as this will dictate, if i will be able to come or not. (hmmm I sound like a Labour spin doctor lol)

Right, an Update.

Now, as some of you may know i broke my leg with some 'Antics' last weekend, and was at the physio this morning, and guess what? I'm now not able to drive for two weeks. :'(

Now - this means that:

1. Going to be hard to get car through MOT etc as i can't get it to garage
2. Can't race the K11
3. Even donny is looking grim

Sooo - as you can imagine i'm fairly ####ed off about this, i've spoken to the guy who was arranging the track day, and as far as i know its still going ahead, so if you want in - let me know asap for payment etc.
Gutted that i can't do this as i really wantes to see what my car could do, and have a few VTR's to shut some people up on other websites.

But - this dosen't mean that the meet is now right out of the question. There is still the bowling complex in Dunfermline, and also the one in Glenrothes (Bit of a #### hole tho). At dunfermline there is other food places, so i'm sure i could get the ball rolling (See what i did there ha ha ) and get something booked there.

Sorry about this guys, but not really anything i can do about it! We could all still go up to Knockhill for a bit then head out afterwards or something? Means it woula appeal to all :D

Titch :kungfu:

I'll still be at Knockhill and Im offering my services to drive your car round Titch :p lol. What do you mean about payment BTW? thought it was free?

masterbiker said:
I think it's £40 to take a car on the track, but free for spectators and passengers...i think.

Yea thats right. Its free to watch etc, but £40 to take car on the track.

Might just take you up on that Chris :)

So whos actually all going to this??

The guys coming from the Glasgow side, are wee meeting at BK at Queensferry then driving up??

Right - i need a list of who is attending etc. I'll be there hobbling about, but unfortunally not on the track, as it'd be stupid if anything happened. Also, some of you were after taking my car on, cheers, but if anything happened - it would be difficult to sort out so best just leave it a the side.

Soo - whos coming?

1. Titch + Dee
2. Daz
3. Chris (Scottish SR)
4. Stephen (K11_ss)
5. Masterbiker (Mike)
6. Allan?
7. Dave Bull? (Man call me asap!!)

Anyone else? Or anyone i've missed out? What we can do is watch the track action, have a gander at the cars and then head to get something to eat after?

As in your reply Titch I will be there also, think Allan is heading up with me.

Is there a plan for meeting at the entrance or whatever so we all get parked up together?

I was planning on taking a couple of disposable BBQs, but suppose that depends on the weather.

Sure Mr Grassie said he would go aswell

I can confirm that i will be attending.

hopefully get out on the track too, see what happens.

mr.grassie said:
I can confirm that i will be attending.

hopefully get out on the track too, see what happens.

That would be good, give the car a last blast before it gets sold or show prospective buyers ;) what it can do.

Is the passenger ride offer still going?? :D

That is exactly the reasons i had for going along.

A quick ride round the track may be on offer depending.

GENUINE prospective buyers can have a shot if they like. This will be on a 'you break it, you bought it' understanding though. if you tan it into a tyrewall, you just bought youself a dented turbo micra. ;)

scottish-sr said:
That would be good, give the car a last blast before it gets sold or show prospective buyers ;) what it can do.

Is the passenger ride offer still going?? :D

weathers not looking too hot for tomorrow im afraid........dont shoot the messenger.

See ya all there too, if ya want a ride in mine look for this mini:
mini.jpg

scottish-sr said:
I know I've never met you, any chance of a ride-a-long though so I can get some video footage, its cool if you dont want to though.

Sure, but the marshalls at Knockhill won't allow you to film inside unless the camera is mounted inside the car securely...

I got black flagged about this a few months ago...LOL!

Dave

That was sooooo much fun. I mannaged to get 25mpg! Even mannaged to overtake a 106gti and a Golf gti (mark3? might have been mark2) just goes to show how much handling does for your lap times.

Titch, thank they guy who orginased that for us and that he mannaged to squeeze me on the track!

Oh and only 2 cars mannaged to overtake me. One was a corsa, don't know what it had in it but it was well fast, the other was...black, sorry no idea what it was.

This was a great night, cheer Masterbiker for the passenger ride, was much apprieciated.

Have a couple of pics, think there is one of Grassies turbo glowing red hot too someone got.

A new thread should be started with more pics if anyone has them.

Cheers all for coming down, was a really good (but cold!) night. Was glad the Andrew managed to get some track time, and was very impressed with his car.

Gald you all had a good time, heres to the next meet :)

Back