Castle Combe track day - August 7th

I would like to invite MSC members to the UJCC TRACKDAY 2006. A chance to pit your car against the mighty Castle Combe race track - for the entire day
cool.gif
. Usually a maximum of 8 cars on the track at a time - you can go out as often as you like (or as often as you can), and the whole track is hired out by UJCC. This will be the third year that've we've had a track day at Combe - it really is a great day.

The event will be on Monday the 7TH AUGUST, arriving around 8.00am for a 9.00am first session.Cost is £160 per car, and we need 40 people (this is a non profit making event for us).The money will NOT BE REFUNDABLE, as one person dropping out could make the entire day fall over. If you pay, it will be your responsibility in the result of you not being able to make it, to find someone to fill your space.

At the moment the track day is open to Jap cars only, so if you know anyone else with a Jap motor that might be interested, pass the details on.

More details can be found here If you'd like to go, either join up on UJCC or get me on MSN / email at [email protected] .

combe_back2.jpg

Here are some pics from last year's one - click here.

Sounds good - I should be there, if i can drag myself out of bed by the 7th (i get back from Ibiza on the 5th). Not sure about tracking the micra tho - dont fancy having a 600bhp skyline bearing down on me as i turn into quarry :)

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
jarthur05 said:
Sounds good - I should be there, if i can drag myself out of bed by the 7th (i get back from Ibiza on the 5th). Not sure about tracking the micra tho - dont fancy having a 600bhp skyline bearing down on me as i turn into quarry :)

tust me mate a good micra will give a skyline a run for its money on castle combe there are nice corners that micras are good on :D

Ian

Ex. Club Member
coilovers and the whiteline HD sway bars and some decent tyres. The skyline won't be able to keep up through the corners :)

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
Ian said:
coilovers and the whiteline HD sway bars and some decent tyres. The skyline won't be able to keep up through the corners :)

exactly, and with a nice turbo setup any that skyline will be on Ebay by the end of the race lol ;)

shame i can't get down there, combe is my favourite uk track and have spent many a lap laughing around there and many more scared out of my wits, give quarry a bit of respect and you'll have a blast :D

£160 for a day around combe is definately worth it although you'll need to allow extra for a new set of tyres at the end of the day :D

B

beachman

may have been interested but from reading the thread they say drifting is allowed. if your driving normally going into a 60mph corner following a 200sx that has decided to drift it for fun and only doing 30mph sidways = a big crash if your unlucky. i wouldnt go to a track day where drifting is allowed. it would ruin the flow of the track. if everyone did it you would be trundling around every corner.
would love to go to castlt coombe though.

beachman said:
may have been interested but from reading the thread they say drifting is allowed. if your driving normally going into a 60mph corner following a 200sx that has decided to drift it for fun and only doing 30mph sidways = a big crash if your unlucky. i wouldnt go to a track day where drifting is allowed. it would ruin the flow of the track. if everyone did it you would be trundling around every corner.
would love to go to castlt coombe though.

There are hopefully going to be a few sessions just for the drifters, also some for track novices. You won't be out alongside a sideways 200 unless you want to be. And, to be honest, with only 8 cars on the track at a time, it's pretty easy to find your own space, without anyone getting in your way and vice versa. Beachman, if you have any concerns, join up on UJCC and ask away, everyone's really friendly, and will be glad to answer any questions you might have.

You're all right about the Skylines not always putting down the best times. I remember at last year's Japfest, there were Starlets and all sorts of lesser powered cars putting down times much faster than the Skylines. I think smaller cars are a lot easier to chuck into corners and carry the speed through.

R

RIK

Ian said:

dont be stupid...please think about what you have just said