Kangarooooooo

Antony

Ex. Club Member
help...

i have a problem. here are my symptoms.

start the car no problems hot or cold.

set off in first, sometimes is jerks sometimes it doesn't
second the same.... and third
4th gear feels like somone has shut the throttle for me, even when i am at speed and foot flat to the floor.

5th gear will shut the throttle off and slow me down to about 40, then kangaroo's violently.

if i pull over and rev the engine it will rev to 3000rpm and then sounds like a "two step" launch control spitting flames out of the back end... but wont rev any higher.

if i manage to get upto 60mph in third i can hold the throttle at 4000~rpm and it will stay there, but if i go up a hill it will slow down again.............. unless i boot my foot down and then it will pull through to the limiter.

sometimes its fine if i leave it for ten mins, but 30 miles later and its does it again.

checked the throttle solder joints and they test fine..
the dizzy cap was fuzzed up but thats been cleaned....

anyone help??

thanks guys. im going to scotland on sunday night so just a week to sort it out. :glare::glare::glare::glare::glare:

ok, so i re-soldered the throttle body..... just to be on the safe sie, and re connected the lambda sensor wires (took em apart and re soldered them together) and its still doing the same thing.... it will completely cut out and almost stall on idle after 3 or 4 mins of running, but will them recover, rev to 1500 and idle again......:down::down:

WTF???

check ur dizzy timing is correct
see if ur TPS has a worn section with a multimeter
check the mounts have not worn all mushy

is it only kagarooing at low throttle ant ? (but drives ok if you floor it skippy :laugh:)

lol... yeah, if i floor it its fine... above 3000rpm. :doh:

not removed the carbon canister ever...lol.... wouldnt know what to blank off and what to keep...lol

ive had the entire throttle body apart, everything off, tested and replaced.... tested the resistance on the TPS both sides (+ and -) and its 0.8v to 4v + and 3.7v to 0.4v -ve)

all are re-sealed and cleaned....

the only thing i havent replaced since i have had the car (6 years of abuse now) is the dizzy cap and rotor arm...
the ignition timing doesnt seem to make any difference. all the way advanced or all the way retarded feels the same....:suspect::suspect::glare::glare::suspect::suspect:

off to the scrappy tomorrow for a dizzy.. see if that solves it.

yeah, ill get on it today, but i drove it to th scrappy and got a new dizzy and ht leads from an 80,000 mile 1000cc car. (newer than mine, better condition and.... in the scrappers..lol)

but she drove perfectly, weirdly, so im keeping the spare dizzy in the car just in case it does it again... marking where the correct timing should be...

Back